Noles are thinking about Leach...

noles are racists. Someobody call Uncle Luke and crank him up. Wait, i think that only applies to Miami.

Advertisement
This **** cracks me up.

Why is it that Leach gets passed over for EVERY SINGLE MAJOR HEAD COACH JOB? Is every big-time school just too TIMID?

Not just UM. There have been at least a dozen high-level openings over the past decade. Georgia, UF, Auburn, Penn State, ND, USC, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Texas come to mind immediately. Not to mention the great 2nd-tier places like Tennessee, Michigan State, Washington, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Tex A&M, South Carolina, Arkansas, UCLA, etc.

So why is it that Leach is always relegated to the 3rd-tier schools like Tex Tech and Wazzu?

I think it has to do with something like this- Hes a coach that says what he truly feels even if its off topic. For one I respect and admire that but for others it may rub off a certain way. A lot of universities tend to shy away from that trait. He takes no demands from anyone. When he took the Cougars job his reps told Wash st " When he it comes to Football all decisions must go through him". They agreed and stood by this decision. He basically asked twice to be the Head Coach of the Univ of Miami from the reliable source of what I hear. If it was a great time to be hired it would of been last year but he never even got a phone call or email 2 prior occasions. I highly doubt he is even interested now. The Pirate ship sad to say has Sailed away!

I think it has to do with something like this- Hes a coach that says what he truly feels even if its off topic. For one I respect and admire that but for others it may rub off a certain way. A lot of universities tend to shy away from that trait. He takes no demands from anyone. When he took the Cougars job his reps told Wash st " When he it comes to Football all decisions must go through him". They agreed and stood by this decision. He basically asked twice to be the Head Coach of the Univ of Miami from the reliable source of what I hear. If it was a great time to be hired it would of been last year but he never even got a phone call or email 2 prior occasions. I highly doubt he is even interested now. The Pirate ship sad to say has Sailed away!
POTUS pushed hard for him in the past, I think he even offered to buy the land for a stadium or something like that. But the troll.....

Rather have lane over leach. We need a big time recruiter w a good offensive mind. Lane is a better recruiter.
This is it right here, which is why I'm not so automatically dismissive of an Ed Reed.

We need a flat out dog recruiter. We need to elevate our talent level with at least 2 straight Top 10 classes.

I'd be okay with a Lane.

Neither Leach nor Meyer are going to Tallahassee. Man, this stuff reeks of Gruden2UM.

Advertisement
that would be my problem with leach here or anywhere in FLA. we already have a coach who cant recruit. dont need another one who would be more expensive. gators got lucky chip turned them down bc mullen cant recruit either, but kelly just despises doing it. not being good at it and not giving a **** are two different things. mullen can always hire more recruiters to pick up his deficiencies, but if you dont care for it, good luck.
I think Jim harbaugh is having that same problem at Michigan. He still can coach but hes not really the recruiting type some coaches are just better suited for the NFL.

Oh, it's the "he tells it like it is" crap.

Yeah, whatever. Dude's a joke and no real university will hire him.

Right, big time programs don't want to win the titles that would surely come with Mike Leach because they're afraid that he might go off topic in a press conference. Makes sense.

POTUS pushed hard for him in the past, I think he even offered to buy the land for a stadium or something like that. But the troll.....

Same POTUS who's stiffed several cities for the costs of his rallies and has made a history of stiffing his contractors? That guy offered to buy the land for a stadium? LOL.

"Only the best people", lol.

Advertisement
Not sure if Leach would win a title but he has proven that he is a program builder. He would get FSU to 11 and 12 wins a year.

I wonder if they know Leach openly states he doesn't like to recruit.

Most coaches don't like to recruit.....especially the head coaches. But that doesn't translate to not actually doing it. None of these guys like going out there and kissing the collective asses of a bunch of high school players.

Advertisement
I just don't see FSU coming up with $20 million to buy out Taggart when the mess there is not just on the field. Fisher left that place a mess. Next coach will not have it turned around in two years.

Most coaches don't like to recruit.....especially the head coaches. But that doesn't translate to not actually doing it. None of these guys like going out there and kissing the collective asses of a bunch of high school players.

You’re right, none of them like to do it. But they do it and do it at an elite level.

I like other fellow canes have a few idiot nole friends and one of them is a decent sized donor and I overheard him and another talking about Leach on the green this past weekend.

This is what I could sort of make out from his discussion on the phone.

People (meaning donors/some admin) are done with Willie. I mean they really hate him. Take your Blake James hatred and double it with a twist of Shalalah hate and that’s pretty much where they at.

They can’t get Urban Meyer and some don’t want him anyway (why I don’t know) said something about Urban wants either the Cowboys or USC job. Don’t know how much truth there is to any of that.

Then Leach came up and some are serious about him. Like way serious even talking through a friend or agent or something to him. He said something about Minshew that I think was like an anecdote or reference (guy is a big Jags fan) anyway the Leach thing is serious he said they going after him and some stuff about Stoops (don’t know if he was talking about Bob, Mike or Mark , probably Mark I would guess since he still a HC and was DC there)

Anyway thought it was interesting.

Mike Leach isn't leaving Pullman, Washington anytime soon. Dude loves the Pacific Northwest and has a kush gig; really good Monday and average expectations from the admin. He literally has a free pass to coach the Cougs as long as he wants.

Tallahassee would be a pressure cooker and he'd be out on his ear in a few years if he didn't win there; and wouldn't take a step backwards to rebuild his career.

Some of y'all just don't get it; a lot of guys are super-happy where they're at—making millions, not wanting to be uprooted and not dealing with the pressure of having to win national titles at major programs.

Also, FSU's AD said they're not hiring Meyer (or Spurrier) if Taggart got hit by a bus today—so there's that.

Stop with all this fantasyland nonsense and Noles envy, regarding how they theoretically are going to part ways with Taggart at year's end, in favor of some "home run hire", based nothing more on the ramblings of delusional, frustrated message board fans as psycho as the people trying to run Manny off halfway through year one.

Noles aren't buying out Taggart's contract after year two. Fisher left that place in shambles and that gig nowhere near as attractive as their fans (or our scared of what they might do fans) think it is.

Advertisement
This **** cracks me up.

Why is it that Leach gets passed over for EVERY SINGLE MAJOR HEAD COACH JOB? Is every big-time school just too TIMID?

Not just UM. There have been at least a dozen high-level openings over the past decade. Georgia, UF, Auburn, Penn State, ND, USC, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Texas come to mind immediately. Not to mention the great 2nd-tier places like Tennessee, Michigan State, Washington, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Tex A&M, South Carolina, Arkansas, UCLA, etc.

So why is it that Leach is always relegated to the 3rd-tier schools like Tex Tech and Wazzu?

^^^THIS

Leach is a perfect big fish in a little pond. Our fans **** over his offense—forgetting that they'd literally run the guy over in the streets for the defenses he fields.

One of my closest friends is a Wazzu fan. He watches the Canes with me; I watch the Cougs with him. I've literally seen 98% of the games in the Leach era.

Their defense this season is atrocious; worse than the D'Onofrio era at Miami. Utah and Arizona State just ran up and down the field on them. Couldn't buy a stop.

11-2 last year because of what he was able to do with Garner Minshew; 4-3 right now and headed towards 6-6 this year.

Pullman is perfect for him. He's a folk hero in the region and their fans have low expectations, so anything good that happens—pleasantly surprised. When a 6-6 season follows 11-2, they literally expect it to happen and roll with it.

All his quirky press conferences and ways of calling things out; endearing because he's as WSU. If he tried that schtick at Miami or a bigger program, it would blow up in his face.

People have been screaming Leach's name around here since 2006 when he had five good minutes at Texas Tech and Coker was about to get canned. 13 years later, he's still sitting up in the Pacific Northwest and hasn't been a legit candidate for any job he's supposedly had his name attached to. Let it go.

I wonder if they know Leach openly states he doesn't like to recruit.

Who cares? Hire coaches around him who love to recruit and power up boosters who love to pay recruits. I promise he will put a fun offense....the defense?, well....refer to the prior coaches and boosters comment.

if the potus pushed for him, then glad we didnt go with him.

on a serious note, leach wouldnt work here if he doesnt want to recruit. you cant just come here and not enjoy recruiting.

Advertisement
Back