Noles are thinking about Leach...

RL52U

Redshirt Freshman
I like other fellow canes have a few idiot nole friends and one of them is a decent sized donor and I overheard him and another talking about Leach on the green this past weekend.

This is what I could sort of make out from his discussion on the phone.

People (meaning donors/some admin) are done with Willie. I mean they really hate him. Take your Blake James hatred and double it with a twist of Shalalah hate and that’s pretty much where they at.

They can’t get Urban Meyer and some don’t want him anyway (why I don’t know) said something about Urban wants either the Cowboys or USC job. Don’t know how much truth there is to any of that.

Then Leach came up and some are serious about him. Like way serious even talking through a friend or agent or something to him. He said something about Minshew that I think was like an anecdote or reference (guy is a big Jags fan) anyway the Leach thing is serious he said they going after him and some stuff about Stoops (don’t know if he was talking about Bob, Mike or Mark , probably Mark I would guess since he still a HC and was DC there)

Anyway thought it was interesting.

Advertisement
WHILE HERE AT MIAMI
stare2.gif

We continue to stare blankly at this ongoing Trainwreck

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder if they know Leach openly states he doesn't like to recruit.

that would be my problem with leach here or anywhere in FLA. we already have a coach who cant recruit. dont need another one who would be more expensive. gators got lucky chip turned them down bc mullen cant recruit either, but kelly just despises doing it. not being good at it and not giving a **** are two different things. mullen can always hire more recruiters to pick up his deficiencies, but if you dont care for it, good luck.

Advertisement
that would be my problem with leach here or anywhere in FLA. we already have a coach who cant recruit. dont need another one who would be more expensive. gators got lucky chip turned them down bc mullen cant recruit either, but kelly just despises doing it. not being good at it and not giving a **** are two different things. mullen can always hire more recruiters to pick up his deficiencies, but if you dont care for it, good luck.

Everyone loves the "genius" of Leach and insists kids would just line up at the opportunity to play for him. Can you imagine the reaction on here the first time a quality kid doesn't come here because Leach didn't "give him love" or was disinterested during recruiting?

Both would be great hires ....

The UM administration is TIMID of Leach just like they are with Lane Kiffin. When both are completely different IMO. It's safe to say that Coral Gables doesn't like their personalities. The only way Leach would work for us is to have a Big DC coming along with him like Jon Leavitt or Charlie Strong (The Tampa folks done both of them soo wrong IT'S CRAZY!) It's safe to say that these two mention before will never coach here at THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI!

The UM administration is TIMID of Leach just like they are with Lane Kiffin. When both are completely different IMO. It's safe to say that Coral Gables doesn't like their personalities. The only way Leach would work for us is to have a Big DC coming along with him like Jon Leavitt or Charlie Strong (The Tampa folks done both of them soo wrong IT'S CRAZY!) It's safe to say that these two mention before will never coach here at THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI!
Rather have lane over leach. We need a big time recruiter w a good offensive mind. Lane is a better recruiter.

Advertisement
I like other fellow canes have a few idiot nole friends and one of them is a decent sized donor and I overheard him and another talking about Leach on the green this past weekend.

This is what I could sort of make out from his discussion on the phone.

People (meaning donors/some admin) are done with Willie. I mean they really hate him. Take your Blake James hatred and double it with a twist of Shalalah hate and that’s pretty much where they at.

They can’t get Urban Meyer and some don’t want him anyway (why I don’t know) said something about Urban wants either the Cowboys or USC job. Don’t know how much truth there is to any of that.

Then Leach came up and some are serious about him. Like way serious even talking through a friend or agent or something to him. He said something about Minshew that I think was like an anecdote or reference (guy is a big Jags fan) anyway the Leach thing is serious he said they going after him and some stuff about Stoops (don’t know if he was talking about Bob, Mike or Mark , probably Mark I would guess since he still a HC and was DC there)

Anyway thought it was interesting.
Urban is going to usc if he come back, it's all but done

The noles are not paying 20+ million dollars (both coaches buyouts) for Mike Leach. Your fat friend needs better connections. I like Leach a lot.. but for that money, that have to win AND win over the fanbase. Leach is too risky.

Advertisement

This **** cracks me up.

Why is it that Leach gets passed over for EVERY SINGLE MAJOR HEAD COACH JOB? Is every big-time school just too TIMID?

Not just UM. There have been at least a dozen high-level openings over the past decade. Georgia, UF, Auburn, Penn State, ND, USC, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Texas come to mind immediately. Not to mention the great 2nd-tier places like Tennessee, Michigan State, Washington, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Tex A&M, South Carolina, Arkansas, UCLA, etc.

So why is it that Leach is always relegated to the 3rd-tier schools like Tex Tech and Wazzu?

Advertisement
Back