Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
These Nole fans are as delusional as the Gator. Our 2nd team OL is as good as their 1st team. They say we have no depth? They should check their trenches. They have little to nothing behind their portal starters. Just look at Norvell's high school recruiting the previous 4 cycles. A few blue chip trench players on each side of the ball in each of his 4 years.

NOTE: I counted Blue Chips as having 4-star+ on at least 2 of the 4 recruiting services.

FSU Blue Chip Trench Recruiting (4-star+)
2024 OL: 1 DL:2
2023 OL: 1 DL:2
2022 OL: 5 DL:1
2021 OL: 1 DL:2

Miami Blue Chip Trench Recruiting (4-star+)
2024 OL: 0 DL:6
2023 OL: 3 DL:4
2022 OL: 1 DL:3
2021 OL: 3 DL:2

In the last 4 cycles, FSU has a slight edge at OL blue chip recruiting. To FSU's credit, they recruited well on the OL in 2022, which was Mario's transition class where he had 1-2 weeks to salvage the class. 2022 is FSU's outlier. They've only picked up 1 blue chip OL each year in 3 of the last 4 years.

The FSU DL recruiting is good, but not great. Definitely not championship caliber. They've picked up 2 blue chips on the DL 3 of the last 4 cycles.

For the Miami OL, just looking at blue chip counts, the OL recruiting is similar, but we know it's not. We have multiple top 100 OL, FSU has 0.

The Miami DL recruiting is superior to FSU's DL recruiting. Miami had 6 blue chip DL in 2024 and 15 in the last 4 cycles, which is more than double what FSU brought in.

Over the past 4 years, FSU's had 15 blue chip trench players, while Miami has had 22. In the last 2 years, FSU had 6, while Miami had 13. Advantage Miami.

Let's take a deeper look into top 300 trench players to get a better comparison of the quality of the recruiting. These are players that are top 300 overall nationally among all positions. This is where the story is really told.

FSU Top 201-300 Trench Players___Miami Top 201-300 Trench Players
2024 OL: 1 DL:1-----------------------2024 OL: 0 DL:1
2023 OL: 0 DL:2-----------------------2023 OL: 0 DL:0
2022 OL: 0 DL:1-----------------------2022 OL: 0 DL:0
2021 OL: 1 DL:0-----------------------2021 OL: 1 DL:0

FSU Top 101-200 Trench Players___Miami Top 101-200 Trench Players
2024 OL: 0 DL:1-----------------------2024 OL: 0 DL:0
2023 OL: 1 DL:0-----------------------2023 OL: 0 DL:1
2022 OL: 1 DL:0-----------------------2022 OL: 0 DL:1
2021 OL: 0 DL:0-----------------------2021 OL: 1 DL:0

FSU Top 1-100 Trench Players______Miami Top 1-200 Trench Players
2024 OL: 0 DL:0-----------------------2024 OL: 0 DL:4
2023 OL: 0 DL:0-----------------------2023 OL: 2 DL:2
2022 OL: 0 DL:0-----------------------2022 OL: 0 DL:1
2021 OL: 0 DL:0-----------------------2021 OL: 1 DL:0

Looking at the breakdown of top trench players by group for the last 4 recruiting cycles, It's the last two recruiting cycles that tell real story. No coincidence that these were Mario's first two full recruiting cycles.

In the past 2 cycles, FSU has had 4 trench players 201-300, while Miami has had 1.
In the past 2 cycles, FSU has had 2 trench players 101-200, while Miami has had 1.
In the past 2 cycles, FSU has had 0 trench players 001-100, while Miami has had 8.

The big picture is FSU is getting good top 300 trenches, while Miami is getting top 100 game changers. The fact is Miami has recruited at least 1 top 100 trench player each year for the past 4 years and 8 in the last two recruiting cycles, while FSU has recruited NONE.

For context, Mario's recruiting of the trenches is superior to Norvell despite Norvell having 4 seasons at FSU with back to back 10+ wins for a 23-4 winning record, while Mario's record is 12-13. Mario's 12-13 is still better than Norvell's first two years at FSU where he was 8-13.

So, as you can see, the trench recruiting is far superior for Miami. The trend is only going to get better and the gap wider for Miami when the double digit wins come in.

Those dopes at FSU are clueless fans drinking their own nut juice. Their trench depth is NOT superior to Miami's. In fact, quite the opposite.
Have they taught their WR's to tackle DB's after they pick off a pass(es)? Is that them, or the Gaytes? I can't keep up with these two anymore!

Advertisement
This guy got it all wrong. They're not leaving, because if they leave, they know they won't find a landing spot.

1714510508057.png

Advertisement
This guy got it all wrong. They're not leaving, because if they leave, they know they won't find a landing spot.

View attachment 288321

Oh my lord, the BULL**** you read on the F$U boards...

They have players who will NEVER PLAY, but they are so addicted to "the really good culture" that they can't take a hint in order to open up a couple of roster spots for better players.

Really good culture...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh my lord, the BULL**** you read on the F$U boards...

They have players who will NEVER PLAY, but they are so addicted to "the really good culture" that they can't take a hint in order to open up a couple of roster spots for better players.

Really good culture...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I listened to their 247 pod about the portal. In summary, they feel good about their roster so there’s no need to push anyone out..The portal players are underwhelming… They mentioned JHH wanting to compete for a shot at starting which they said no to because they only want someone that’s willing to accept a DT3 role…They don’t want to pay for top DT’s because Jackson and their other guy aren’t making $500k each and the numbers being thrown out by USC and Colorado are in that range... No one year rentals because they want to develop their young players.

I listened to their 247 pod about the portal. In summary, they feel good about their roster so there’s no need to push anyone out..The portal players are underwhelming… They mentioned JHH wanting to compete for a shot at starting which they said no to because they only want someone that’s willing to accept a DT3 role…They don’t want to pay for top DT’s because Jackson and their other guy aren’t making $500k each and the numbers being thrown out by USC and Colorado are in that range... No one year rentals because they want to develop their young players.
Translation: "We're broke and can't afford anyone in the portal."

They should've snagged or attempted to get a WR. Being that their WR room has next to no experience or production.

This is the dark side to the “portal or bust” style of recruiting. A few years ago, there weren’t as many teams going hard after portal guys so FSU could afford to grab the best players available. Now that the rest of college football is in the portal game, the prices have gone way up. They can’t just sign the best transfer available at every position because it’s too expensive to build that way now. So what does Norvell do now that he can’t just build a team of transfers? He has to fall back on developing the three star recruits he’s signed over the last few years. This is exactly why you can’t just casually recruit high schoolers. Eventually you’re going to have roster spots you can’t fill with short term stop gaps and you’re going to have to rely on the players you brought in and developed.

Advertisement
This is the dark side to the “portal or bust” style of recruiting. A few years ago, there weren’t as many teams going hard after portal guys so FSU could afford to grab the best players available. Now that the rest of college football is in the portal game, the prices have gone way up. They can’t just sign the best transfer available at every position because it’s too expensive to build that way now. So what does Norvell do now that he can’t just build a team of transfers? He has to fall back on developing the three star recruits he’s signed over the last few years. This is exactly why you can’t just casually recruit high schoolers. Eventually you’re going to have roster spots you can’t fill with short term stop gaps and you’re going to have to rely on the players you brought in and developed.
Didn’t Michigan State experience this 2yrs ago. All transfers, mediocre recruiting.

Advertisement
Didn’t Michigan State experience this 2yrs ago. All transfers, mediocre recruiting.
They did what a lot of teams do when they hire a new coach and purged their roster. They took a ton of transfers and had some short term success but they didn’t recruit well and their long term issues eventually surfaced.

I’m a fan of the portal. I want Miami to use the portal to fill spots and upgrade positions where recruiting hasn’t done the job. But I don’t think it’s a good idea to build your roster through the portal long term.

It's a new world in CFB. In theory I like the idea of developing your own players, but you're going to have to pay a premium each year to keep them.

They did what a lot of teams do when they hire a new coach and purged their roster. They took a ton of transfers and had some short term success but they didn’t recruit well and their long term issues eventually surfaced.

I’m a fan of the portal. I want Miami to use the portal to fill spots and upgrade positions where recruiting hasn’t done the job. But I don’t think it’s a good idea to build your roster through the portal long term.

Just recruit both HS and the portal like a mad man and everything will work itself out.

Advertisement
Back