Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Congratulations to the National Champs. 📣 🍢

A5425313-0A03-414D-AA54-70F11B1C603A.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe nothing happens. But FSU is due for a touch of bad luck. I would say that about any program that goes 7-8 months with little to no major injuries, almost every bounce going their way, and success in the portal.

They are definitely on a good run of luck. Just be careful about getting to high on your horse.

Maybe nothing happens. But FSU is due for a touch of bad luck. I would say that about any program that goes 7-8 months with little to no major injuries, almost every bounce going their way, and success in the portal.

They are definitely on a good run of luck. Just be careful about getting to high on your horse.

The game is played with an oblong shaped ball... counting on it to bounce your way every time is a recipe for disappointment. Can't wait to see it.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Eerily reminiscent of us in 2017, when we had every lucky bounce possible until a few key injuries.

I think they'll be a decent team next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if they end up with 8 wins. Everyone on their schedule is going to have (including already elapsed time) 9 months to study them in depth. Travis, for example, will take a step back next year not because of any diminished abilities but because teams will be able to ID his weaknesses.

They were a surprise this year. They won't be next year.

Eerily reminiscent of us in 2017, when we had every lucky bounce possible until a few key injuries.

I think they'll be a decent team next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if they end up with 8 wins. Everyone on their schedule is going to have (including already elapsed time) 9 months to study them in depth. Travis, for example, will take a step back next year not because of any diminished abilities but because teams will be able to ID his weaknesses.

They were a surprise this year. They won't be next year.
Travis is the engine that drives the FSU car. They go as he goes. He has bailed out Norvell & co with his legs/scrambling ability countless times. They'll probably have another 8-10 year but it will be very hard for them to eventually replace Travis.

Advertisement
Travis is the engine that drives the FSU car. They go as he goes. He has bailed out Norvell & co with his legs/scrambling ability countless times. They'll probably have another 8-10 year but it will be very hard for them to eventually replace Travis.
I agree. They also don't have anyone on their roster or in the pipeline that can replicate what he brings to the table. I think Norvell will be a perennial 7-9 win coach, with the occasional 10-win season when all his portal additions hit. When they don't hit, get ready for Michigan State 2.0. Additionally, he lacks the ability to recruit at a high level. No elite program can be built from the portal alone.

There recruiting woes will show eventually. That type of recruiting hurts u years down the road like it did with Manny

I'd say 10 wins next year as long as Travis remains healthy and they don't suffer key injuries. This is a very, very experienced team. The one weakness with that though is that many of the players may have already maxed out their growth.

Advertisement
Back