Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Advertisement
1660613235939.jpeg

I agree that the top programs will continue to be the destination for most of the top talent in the country. I believe that is how it should be. Kids work their butts off to have an opportunity to play on the biggest stage and get the best opportunities possible. That now includes NIL. I also can’t speak on whether Deion cares about his image as a hypocrite because I don’t know him. You seem to know him much better than I ever will. The fact is he will absolutely look like one based on the notion that he’s preached all this stuff about not needing the bells and whistles and then leaving for a program with 100x the bells and whistles for more money, competition, and notoriety. All things we know to be part of the “PRIME TIME” brand.

I don’t think HBCUs are or will become a “thing” in general. It’s is all him and kids want to play for him. But that’s not what he’s saying. Every interview he talks about how great the coaches in the SWAC are. How Eddie George and Hugh Jackson are also bringing legitimacy to HBCUs etc. “Its a movement”. “Why not us?” I know he’s a corner and is used to back peddling but the backlash will be pretty big if he leaves for a P5 gig.

Advertisement
Charles is definitely in that conversation as well. But I'll still take champ for my lifetime. He could and would do it all.
Speaking as a Raider fan, CWood and Nnamdi are the greatest CB duo of all time. Just too bad that Nnamdi broke out the year Woodson left... Still counts!
Charles Woodson is by far my favorite CB of all time. Probably my favorite Raider of all time period tbh.

On that final paragraph, while I'm not completely disagreeing with you, Neon Deion will get a pass if he goes back to HIS ALMA MATER. Nobody is going to call him a hypocrite for going back to F$U in an effort to save the program.

Any OTHER Power 5 school, yes. But not F$U.
Agree. F$U gets the Alma Mater pass. There will still be chatter and people giving him crap but it won’t be much and won’t be for long.

Speaking as a Raider fan, CWood and Nnamdi are the greatest CB duo of all time. Just too bad that Nnamdi broke out the year Woodson left... Still counts!
Charles Woodson is by far my favorite CB of all time. Probably my favorite Raider of all time period tbh.
The Raiders had Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson on the same team for two years. That was better IMO. However, in the year 2000, the Redskins were lucky enough to have Deion, Champ, and Darrell Green. This was the best group of all time in my memory.

It's also my tribute to the trapezoidal lead created by Hunter S. Thompson...he would string together ideas to form his lead...separated by the ever-present ellipsis...which may have also been caused by the frenetic editing style required by Thompson's writing...when he was faxing bits and pieces of his article over the "mojo wire" to Rolling Stone...and then other people had to assemble a coherent article for print...regardless of how it originated, it is a fantastic literary creation...
“Or” just good drugs and people reading more into it…. Because poor sentence structure isn’t elite… unless it’s 2:15 am and the rest of the world isn’t on your schedule, maybe right. It’s ok, because incoherent gibberish… is a thing 😂

Advertisement
Yeah. I never look at sentences once I finish typing and autocorrect has a mind of its own.

Yeah, Darrell Green was amazing, I always wondered if he would be more universally-acclaimed if he had played on some more successful teams during the second half of his career. The 1980s were very good, but it's the last "pre-internet" decade. Eric Allen was great too.

“Or” just good drugs and people reading more into it…. Because poor sentence structure isn’t elite… unless it’s 2:15 am and the rest of the world isn’t on your schedule, maybe right. It’s ok, because incoherent gibberish… is a thing 😂

You make some good points, but Hunter DID make some written references to his trapezoidal lead, so it's at least partially an intentional creation on his part...

No matter how genius was created, it was created. A lot of great rock & roll songs have come out of "good drugs" and "2:15 am" and "incoherent gibberish".

Advertisement
Yeah, Darrell Green was amazing, I always wondered if he would be more universally-acclaimed if he had played on some more successful teams during the second half of his career. The 1980s were very good, but it's the last "pre-internet" decade. Eric Allen was great too.

How is Rhonde Barber not in this conversation? Granted I a little bias as a Bucs fan. He numbers are aren't that far from Champ and Deion.
Barber: 47
Deion: 53
Champ: 52

Plus he was a willingly tackler. Has has the most sacks by a corner, 28. He has the most tackle for a corner, Woodson coming in third. Best all around corners: C.Woodson and Barber. Best Cover corners: Champ and Sanders.

In todays passing heavy game primes tackling would have been less of an issue and he would have had even a bigger impact on the game
At his prime no one was better

This is like safety and Ed reed
The gap between him and number two is big much bigger than between 2 and 3

Advertisement
Back