Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Do you think he would have the cache that Mario has to attract that caliber of a coach? I just can’t imagine guys like Gattis, Steele, Strong, etc. running to coach under Deion.
That's not a simple answer. Myself I've always hated Deon until late in his career when I got to know him better. Without a shadow of doubt he is the greatest COVER corner in the history of the game. But that's how he conducts himself. Hes VERY ****y and that rubs most people the wrong way. What makes this difficult to answer is it largely depends on his progress AS A HUMAN & the timing of when fsu would come after him. As of now, hiring him would drag them down possibly even further than they already are. Coaches of this era that have experience would want no part of him because it's not widely accepted how he approaches the game as a whole. He would kill it in recruiting because he relates to the kids. He tells them what they want to hear and they'll all be buddy buddy. But he would always be at each of his coaches necks. The timing to this matters because this eras coaches that are coming up relate to what he thrives from. If you give them all time to grow and not rush bringing him in then yeah he'd probably do real well. So for me he's not the answer when you move from norvell. But the one after him could be huge for them.

Advertisement
That's not a simple answer. Myself I've always hated Deon until late in his career when I got to know him better. Without a shadow of doubt he is the greatest COVER corner in the history of the game. But that's how he conducts himself. Hes VERY ****y and that rubs most people the wrong way. What makes this difficult to answer is it largely depends on his progress AS A HUMAN & the timing of when fsu would come after him. As of now, hiring him would drag them down possibly even further than they already are. Coaches of this era that have experience would want no part of him because it's not widely accepted how he approaches the game as a whole. He would kill it in recruiting because he relates to the kids. He tells them what they want to hear and they'll all be buddy buddy. But he would always be at each of his coaches necks. The timing to this matters because this eras coaches that are coming up relate to what he thrives from. If you give them all time to grow and not rush bringing him in then yeah he'd probably do real well. So for me he's not the answer when you move from norvell. But the one after him could be huge for them.
Really interesting take and perspective. Appreciated as always.

The most interesting part about this is his progress as a human. And I do think he would bring on some big names that would make a splash, but I don't know if they would be the right fit because of this progress.

Frank: Yes, FSU will win 3 out of those 3 games. FSU will beat both Miami and Clemson, and then close out the regular season by beating UF.

Looks like a new batch of meth hit Tallahassee.
Why stop there. Why not advocate for FSU laying 73 down on Saban, and forcing his retirement in the third quarter?

Advertisement
In my opinion it’s also more complex than that. There’s a parallel movement developing which is the rise of HBCUs as a legitimate option for top shelf talent. Call it what you want to, they are decades behind the top programs and billions of dollars in facilities behind, but so was Miami when we won our championships and were the face of CFB. Obviously we now see the difference with Miami investing in its program. Deion has become the face of that movement and has convinced a few top guys to go to him, sub-standard facilities and all. In many ways what he has preached is that you don’t need the bells and whistles, float tanks, nap rooms, and slides to get to the next level and become a millionaire. Name me a time where an HBCU hat was even on the table for these caliber guys?

If he leaves for a bigger program, he looks like the biggest hypocrite in coaching. He leaves for an opportunity with more notoriety, more money, resources and a chance to win and showcase his coaching talents at the highest level which is exactly what he’s been preaching against since he started coaching at JSU. In my personal opinion he makes his legacy at the HBCU level and builds Jackson State in to a competent program all around that can also make it scary and even beat some of the top programs every once in a while and help push other HBCUs to do the same. He’s in too deep to leave for a blue blood program. It’ll close the door on HBCUs ever being in the running for top talent like Travis Hunter again.

In my opinion it’s also more complex than that. There’s a parallel movement developing which is the rise of HBCUs as a legitimate option for top shelf talent. Call it what you want to, they are decades behind the top programs and billions of dollars in facilities behind, but so was Miami when we won our championships and were the face of CFB. Obviously we now see the difference with Miami investing in its program. Deion has become the face of that movement and has convinced a few top guys to go to him, sub-standard facilities and all. In many ways what he has preached is that you don’t need the bells and whistles, float tanks, nap rooms, and slides to get to the next level and become a millionaire. Name me a time where an HBCU hat was even on the table for these caliber guys?

If he leaves for a bigger program, he looks like the biggest hypocrite in coaching. He leaves for an opportunity with more notoriety, more money, resources and a chance to win and showcase his coaching talents at the highest level which is exactly what he’s been preaching against since he started coaching at JSU. In my personal opinion he makes his legacy at the HBCU level and builds Jackson State in to a competent program all around that can also make it scary and even beat some of the top programs every once in a while and help push other HBCUs to do the same. He’s in too deep to leave for a blue blood program. It’ll close the door on HBCUs ever being in the running for top talent like Travis Hunter again

#1 u got a really bad read on Deon if you think he cares about looking like a hypocrite. #2 you're not being realistic if you think hbcu(as a whole) have become legitimate options for top teir talent. You're simply fooling yourself. Their not looking at an hbcu,their getting buddy buddy with "PRIME TIME" . Regardless this is all a very small smaller size and has nothing to do with hbcus becoming legitimate options. I get with how society is these days everyone feels the need to force a narrative. But that doesn't make that narrative legitimate to anyone but the individuals who feel the need to force it... Reality is college is college. For the individuals who are elite talent like you're speaking on they want to go where they can get money,where they can win & where they can be developed appropriately. An hbcu might work for a very small minority. But when the league starts to point out how irrelevant the film is you've put together in college because you're playing jv football & instead of being an early round pick you go late or an udfa that'll be the end of that swing. That's what our fan base hasn't wanted to admit. We've essentially been an hbcu for the last 20 years. We've been an underachieving program kids have been willing to give a shot to who was living off of a warm spot in peoples memories. The league has been willing to give our kids a shot because they've been getting them on the cheap. Kids who could be early picks based off their athletic skill set but they knew they'd be works in progress because they're nowhere near adequately developed... That's what an hbcu is. So please don't counter with the league finds talent everywhere if you're talented enough. Cause for every small school beast there's a thousand from p5. Scouting alone doesn't make it worth the time.

FB_IMG_1660593577173.jpg

Advertisement

If he leaves for a bigger program, he looks like the biggest hypocrite in coaching. He leaves for an opportunity with more notoriety, more money, resources and a chance to win and showcase his coaching talents at the highest level which is exactly what he’s been preaching against since he started coaching at JSU. In my personal opinion he makes his legacy at the HBCU level and builds Jackson State in to a competent program all around that can also make it scary and even beat some of the top programs every once in a while and help push other HBCUs to do the same. He’s in too deep to leave for a blue blood program. It’ll close the door on HBCUs ever being in the running for top talent like Travis Hunter again.

On that final paragraph, while I'm not completely disagreeing with you, Neon Deion will get a pass if he goes back to HIS ALMA MATER. Nobody is going to call him a hypocrite for going back to F$U in an effort to save the program.

Any OTHER Power 5 school, yes. But not F$U.

I agree as far as cover he was sticky like glue and very smart.

He could also go down as one of the worst tacklers of any corner.

Advertisement
H
I agree as far as cover he was sticky like glue and very smart.

He could also go down as one of the worst tacklers of any corner.
Hence why he's not the greatest corner ever bar non. He was scared of contact. Otherwise it's him all day. Total package I'm not really sure who I'd say but probably champ in my life time

Advertisement
H

Hence why he's not the greatest corner ever bar non. He was scared of contact. Otherwise it's him all day. Total package I'm not really sure who I'd say but probably champ in my life time
Yes, that's why Rod Woodson is the best corner ever. Superb cover corner plus he was a hard hitter and unafraid of contact.

Advertisement
Back