Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
LSU -2 is going to be the most free win I’ve had in a minute. It’s essentially a god**** home game for the Tigers, which makes this even more laughable that on a neutral field, Vegas thinks these two will be evenly matched.

Miles Brennan might throw for 350+, Boutte and Nabers will be running free all night. Masson Smith and Jacquelin Ray are 1st and 2nd team All-SEC Preseason selections (respectively) and will destroy FSU’s interior OL. Combined with FSU’s **** poor receiving options, Travis will be running for his life yet again.

Kelly had a whole spring and summer to prepare for Travis in 2021, and he had such an easy time doing it (until he tried throwing the game in the 4th) that he gladly took the LSU gig so he could do it again in 2022.

UF is significantly more talented than FSU, especially on Defense.

Richardson will fit really well in Napier’s Offense that is specifically designed for a Running QB, plus with the additions they got from ULL out the Portal with OL’s O’Cyrus Torrence & Kamryn Waites & RB Montrell Johnson their Run game will be solid. The big question mark they’ll have is their WR play, they don’t really have a standout playmaker at WR yet.

But their Secondary & DL will be good this year, enough to beat FSU (on paper at least).
I'm rooting for stadium collapse.

Advertisement
As objective as I can possibly be:

Vs Duquesne - W
@ LSU (in New Orleans) - L
@ Louisville - L
Vs BC - W
Vs Wake Forest - L
Vs Clemson - L
Vs GTech - W
@ Miami - L
@ Syracuse - L
Vs ULL - W
Vs UF - L

I’m got’em going 4-8, with a possibility to be 5-7 or 6-6 at best.

There’s no objective metric that can be measured that can possibly predict them to get 8 wins.

In terms of odds & probability it’s not impossible, they’d have to play well above their means or any capability that they’ve shown thus far in the Norvell era, but the odds of that are very very very very very very low...
I agree but switch Syracuse for me. So 5-7

Duquesne was 7-3 last year..not sure what they return but would love if they brought back most of that team and gave FSU a scare even for a half.
I’d like nothing more than to see the upset but it’s just not happening. Duquesne isn’t even a good FCS program. They also played Central Connecticut last year (the team Miami beat 67-0) and barely eeked out a 31-27 win. If FSU can’t beat them by at least 5 touchdowns, they should just fire Norvell on the spot.

LSU -2 is going to be the most free win I’ve had in a minute. It’s essentially a god**** home game for the Tigers, which makes this even more laughable that on a neutral field, Vegas thinks these two will be evenly matched.

Miles Brennan might throw for 350+, Boutte and Nabers will be running free all night. Masson Smith and Jacquelin Ray are 1st and 2nd team All-SEC Preseason selections (respectively) and will destroy FSU’s interior OL. Combined with FSU’s **** poor receiving options, Travis will be running for his life yet again.

Kelly had a whole spring and summer to prepare for Travis in 2021, and he had such an easy time doing it (until he tried throwing the game in the 4th) that he gladly took the LSU gig so he could do it again in 2022.
As much as I hate the noles I rather they win
Another loss to an sec team isn’t good

I’d like nothing more than to see the upset but it’s just not happening. Duquesne isn’t even a good FCS program. They also played Central Connecticut last year (the team Miami beat 67-0) and barely eeked out a 31-27 win. If FSU can’t beat them by at least 5 touchdowns, they should just fire Norvell on the spot.
Absolutely agree. But just for a half play sloppy uninspired ball and go into the half only up like 28-17

Advertisement
Most amazing games at the Orange Bowl (noise, insanity, people getting arrested) would be...

---September 27, 1986 - #1 Oklahomo vs. #2 Miami - Brian Bosworth effigies (MULTIPLE) hanging from the upper deck of the OB...guys went door to door in the UM dorms selling an orange t-shirt with white printing...all it said was: [image of middle finger] OU & THE BOZ....I bought two....

---September 5, 1987 - #20 Gaytors vs. #10 Miami - everyone knew this was the LAST TIME the Gaytors would play us annually...31-4 and Miami scored all the points, as we GAVE THEM 2 safeties on punt long-snaps that went out of the end zone...place was so loud, we rattled our own long-snapper...

---September 3, 1988 - Pre-season #1 F$U vs. #6 Miami - Yep, yep, this is the infamous "SemenHole Shuffle" game, where the SemenHoles made that god-awful rap video like they were the Chicago Bears. Do I need to remind everyone? THIRTY-ONE TO NOTHING.

---November 25, 1989 - #1 Notre Dame vs. #7 Miami - PURE HATRED. This was payback for the Cleveland Gary NON-FUMBLE call from 1988, when we SHOULD HAVE won the national championship AGAIN. It was THIS GAME that Notre Dame cited for not playing us any longer.

---October 3, 1992 - #3 F$U vs. #2 Miami - WIDE RIGHT II. Need I say more?

---October 7, 2000 - #1 F$U vs. #7 Miami - WIDE RIGHT III. This is the game that ended a string of 5-straight losses to F$U. Cathartic. Should have played for a national championship under Butch, and we were robbed by THESE SEMENHOLES sneaking in ahead of us in the BCS rankings.

---November 24, 2001 - #11 Washington vs. #2 Miami - soooo much payback for the loss to Washington in 2000, and the only thing that keeps this from being near-perfection was that it happened over Thanksgiving weekend. SIXTY-FIVE TO SEVEN.

---October 12, 2002 - #9 F$U vs. #1 Miami - WIDE LEFT - Miami as the defending national champ and (almost, technically) a wire-to-wire champion.

I was there for every one of those games. There may be "more important" games (Miami's first national championship), but there have never been eight more INSANE games in Orange Bowl history.

Every one of those 8 games could be a chapter in a book. Or a whole book.

My best game will always be the ‘83 Nebraska game until we win another one..

It was the beginning of our dynasty beating a team no one thought was beatable outside of the people associated with Miami and I’m sure some of those people had their doubts..

The next one we win will be the one that puts us back on top and hopefully it happens before I’m called home.I also hoping that the people in charge won’t let happen again what happened this last time letting the program turn to sHT.With what’s going on I’d say it won’t happen but I’m pretty sure most of us Cane fans thought it wouldn’t happen this last time.

This year will mark my 65th year as a Cane fan and I’m really hoping that our 6th ring comes by 2025 but until then the Nebraska game in ‘83 will the most important game to me cause it announced our arrival as a force on the football team.

That was ND's current coach Freeman that blew that game, not Kelly. That was one of the worst halves of defensive play calling in the history of the sport.

Ok I usually use this for the turds but I’ll gladly make an exception for this insanity…goes like this:

THERE’S NO ONE MORE DELUSIONAL THAN A DELUSIONAL SEMENHOLES FAN !!!

Oh and my other mantra I’ll make a tweak to after reading this stupidity…Goes like this:

THE SEMENHOLES SUCK !!! ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL !!!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yeah Duquesne stands no chance.

They’re closer to a high school program than they are to the talent level of even a talent depleted P5 team like FSU.

If Memphis Mike can’t dial up at least a 7 to 8 touchdown win, they may as well fold up the program.

Advertisement

They’re closer to a high school program than they are to the talent level of even a talent depleted P5 team like FSU.

If Memphis Mike can’t dial up at least a 7 to 8 touchdown win, they may as well fold up the program.
You think 7-8 TDs is realistic?

Oh, I see. You're setting the bar low to help them gain confidence before the inevitable collapse.

Ok I usually use this for the turds but I’ll gladly make an exception for this insanity…goes like this:

THERE’S NO ONE MORE DELUSIONAL THAN A DELUSIONAL SEMENHOLES FAN !!!

Oh and my other mantra I’ll make a tweak to after reading this stupidity…Goes like this:

THE SEMENHOLES SUCK !!! ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL !!!

Somebody turn this guy into a sunglasses deal with it gif

markup_1951.png

Once I saw they were in a dogfight with Central Connecticut, I knew there was absolutely zero chance of them beating FSU. The same Central Connecticut that Miami had a 49-0 halftime lead against.

You think 7-8 TDs is realistic?

Oh, I see. You're setting the bar low to help them gain confidence before the inevitable collapse.
This me being completely realistic and not $hitting on the noles. If they don't beat Duquenese by at least 40, they're in for a very long season.

Advertisement
Back