Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

This is a warranted new thread.

I hate redundant threads... but for the love of Forfeit State mockery this maude will happily allow it.

season 7 officer lou GIF

Advertisement
This could be college football's NIL jump-the-shark moment. Even I didn't think it would get this ridiculous. Might as well just have an auction.
I understand these kids being able to benefit from their likeness, but how could this not be considered pay for play?? Telling a kid we will give you $$$ if you go here but not there? Isn’t that what everyone has complained about and try to outlaw in CFB? I know we all hate the NCAA but someone, either NCAA or the schools themselves have to get this under control. It’s become open season for boosters and now giant companies to pay unwarranted $$$ to sway 18yr olds. I just don’t see how this doesn’t ruin CFB

Advertisement
If he is good enough he will go to the NFL, don’t matter where. He can make a lot money. Playing for dion I’m sure has its pluses. He probably will get to play both ways again. And it’s an HBCU. It’s really not far outta the question.

Sure it is. You would be eviscerating Stewart because you're a Miami fan, as would anyone else on this board.

If it's the money, he could get substantially the equivalent by going to GA, Bama, TX, OSU, USC.

This would be a stupid move and I hope he has some adults in the room advising him.
I wouldn’t say anything because it’s not my decision. I’d also understand why he’d leave for that deal because it’s millions of dollars. You can’t say a guy going to Bethune Cookman is the same as playing for Deion Sanders and signing the reported deal that has been offered. We don’t know the exact terms of the deal but if they make this kid a national brand his value exceeds whatever bag UGA would’ve dropped. When you look at this from a brand/business perspective it makes sense. If this kid chooses to go to FSU and suffers a career altering injury is it still a good decision?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back