Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Serious answers appreciated here:

Were we spinning everything the same way as a desperate FSWho fanbase does? God they are acting like they are the second coming on the recruiting trail as of right now and people are acting like the "memphis special" 3 star recruis are going to change their program.

From some things that I've seen on IG but also on Twitter they are acting like Norwell is getting them another championship next year. I do get optimism and I think we are hyping players up as well that are commited to us, but holy shiat this is another level of delusional...

Yes and No....

Yes we did spin things depending on what it was. I wont get into specifics because you can find it all over the board in various old threads, but we are not as bad as FSU is right now. The recruiting, play on the field and culture in the locker room coupled with Norvell getting into public spats with his captains.

We all knew this team has potential if we have the right people in place. We upgraded 3 of the those things last year in Lashlee. Justice and King. Our recruiting has been very good except for the CB position which is something that needs to be addressed this off-season.

Theyre trying to convince themselves theyre not that bad. I wish i could respond on their board

They spend almost all of their time convincing themselves they're not that bad, a legitimately good team is just a year away, etc. They spend the rest of their time saying Miami isn't any good, no matter how much Miami wins. 52-10, could easily have been much worse, they've lost like a dozen scholarship players since then, they're bringing in a 35th ranked class (or whatever it ends up being), and they're still sure they almost have the U beat.

Advertisement
They spend almost all of their time convincing themselves they're not that bad, a legitimately good team is just a year away, etc. They spend the rest of their time saying Miami isn't any good, no matter how much Miami wins. 52-10, could easily have been much worse, they've lost like a dozen scholarship players since then, they're bringing in a 35th ranked class (or whatever it ends up being), and they're still sure they almost have the U beat.
It was early in the year and there's no need to risk injury, but I think we'd make sure to score 60 if given the chance again. Here's to 2021.

Only the slurpiest of slurpers believe we're in the same echelon as Bama, Clemson and * because we're 8-1. But we sure as **** aren't 8-1 due to luck. This team has looked ugly at times but whereas in years past we've found ways to lose, this team and this staff have flipped the script and the end result in all but one game has been a W.

Bottom line is we're 8-1, we beat the brakes off of FSU along the way, and they're a ******* dumpster fire.

20200927_145051.jpg

Yes and No....

Yes we did spin things depending on what it was. I wont get into specifics because you can find it all over the board in various old threads, but we are not as bad as FSU is right now. The recruiting, play on the field and culture in the locker room coupled with Norvell getting into public spats with his captains.

We all knew this team has potential if we have the right people in place. We upgraded 3 of the those things last year in Lashlee. Justice and King. Our recruiting has been very good except for the CB position which is something that needs to be addressed this off-season.

This is true, and it really shows the differences in how intelligent people discuss these issues, and how SemenHoles discuss these issues.

Smart Miami fans look at what happened to Miami last year, and we get specific. Kicking was terrible, QB play was inconsistent, our OC was a son-of-a-bi!tch. When Manny went out and addressed those issues, it is REASONABLE to expect improvement, both specifically and generally (W-L record).

Ignorant F$U fans look at the situation and think "Miami hasn't played anyone" or "Miami got lucky to win some of those games", and they conclude that all F$U has to do is find an F$U version of D'Eriq King and they will be BYKE, baby! They just need "luck" or a "soft schedule" to start racking up the wins again, right? After all, they can't POSSIBLY attribute the closeness of some of our games to a large number of Covid cases that forced us to play the starters for 60 minutes. They can't POSSIBLY look at more obvious factors for Miami's improvement, such as a reduction in offensive turnovers, or the fact that our offense now looks like it knows what plays have been called and how to execute those plays. Is our OL still in need of improvement? Absolutely.

But, yeah, the F$U fans just think that Miami got lucky. Which is FANTASTIC news, because it means that they haven't figured out all the things that we did last off-season to MAKE our own luck.

And it means that they are going to spend another off-season (and early 2021) under the delusion that if Milton transfers, it suddenly gives F$U the same optimism for a quick turnaround, you know, like what Miami did with King.

Stupid SemenHoles.

Advertisement
Clemson is "the only good team we've played this year?" NC State is 8-3, with much of that having Bailey Hockman at QB. Doeren ain't a world beater, but he's a competent coach and that's a good team. We beat them at their house. Quality win.

UVA is now a 5-4 team that would be 6-4 if not for Forfeit State, well, forfeiting. They are much improved with Armstrong at the helm. Not a great win, but looks a lot more impressive with hindsight.

VTurkey ain't that good, but it's still a rival at their place.

Bottom line is we've done what good (not great) teams do. And Forfeit State has done what trash teams do, because they are trash.

P.S. 52-10 and look at the trail.

luciano, they can't just "fill up the roster with transfers". they can only bring in 25, whether they are transfers or hs kids. so they can bring in 10 transfers and only sign 15 hs kids.
I know that. I am just sayin, expect them to take whichever transfers just to fill up the roster at the max allowable for incoming guys per year.

Clemson is "the only good team we've played this year?" NC State is 8-3, with much of that having Bailey Hockman at QB. Doeren ain't a world beater, but he's a competent coach and that's a good team. We beat them at their house. Quality win.

UVA is now a 5-4 team that would be 6-4 if not for Forfeit State, well, forfeiting. They are much improved with Armstrong at the helm. Not a great win, but looks a lot more impressive with hindsight.

VTurkey ain't that good, but it's still a rival at their place.

Bottom line is we've done what good (not great) teams do. And Forfeit State has done what trash teams do, because they are trash.

P.S. 52-10 and look at the trail.

I love how they say that without King we wouldn't have been nearly as good. Well.......yeah no ****.

Does LSU not get credit for 2019 because it wouldn't have happened without Burrow? How about 2013 FSU without Winston?

They always try to discredit Miami. It's just sad at this point considering they now have one of the absolute worst P5 teams in the country

Advertisement
This is true, and it really shows the differences in how intelligent people discuss these issues, and how SemenHoles discuss these issues.

Smart Miami fans look at what happened to Miami last year, and we get specific. Kicking was terrible, QB play was inconsistent, our OC was a son-of-a-bi!tch. When Manny went out and addressed those issues, it is REASONABLE to expect improvement, both specifically and generally (W-L record).

Ignorant F$U fans look at the situation and think "Miami hasn't played anyone" or "Miami got lucky to win some of those games", and they conclude that all F$U has to do is find an F$U version of D'Eriq King and they will be BYKE, baby! They just need "luck" or a "soft schedule" to start racking up the wins again, right? After all, they can't POSSIBLY attribute the closeness of some of our games to a large number of Covid cases that forced us to play the starters for 60 minutes. They can't POSSIBLY look at more obvious factors for Miami's improvement, such as a reduction in offensive turnovers, or the fact that our offense now looks like it knows what plays have been called and how to execute those plays. Is our OL still in need of improvement? Absolutely.

But, yeah, the F$U fans just think that Miami got lucky. Which is FANTASTIC news, because it means that they haven't figured out all the things that we did last off-season to MAKE our own luck.

And it means that they are going to spend another off-season (and early 2021) under the delusion that if Milton transfers, it suddenly gives F$U the same optimism for a quick turnaround, you know, like what Miami did with King.

Stupid SemenHoles.

Their roster is completely empty of talent.... with an exception here or there to some players but Im looking at it up and down and its not gonna get better. Norvell is recruiting like he's at Memphis... Im just not seeing it.

Like when we fired Golden and NoD.... the next year Richt and Manny arrived and our defense improved tremendously with mostly the same players.

I actually think it was a mistake to fire Willie that soon. Willie could at least recruit

If Milton goes to FSU, its solely because nobody else wanted him or had room for him. No way anyone who is a GT goes to that dumpster fire right now. I know we had a dumpster fire too this time last year ourselves..but FSUs just feels like it will take more than a QB to fix.

If im Milton I find another program. Hes gonna be scrambling a ton behind the line with no offensive weapons.

Stupid SemenHoles.
Despite how bad our offense was at times last year, we were an average place kicker away from 9 (maybe 10) wins. That’s it - a few >30 yard field goals.

I’m not sure why it’s some big surprise that after turning the three anchors of the team (OC,QB, kicker) into three strengths we have improved. significantly.

Advertisement
Their roster is completely empty of talent.... with an exception here or there to some players but Im looking at it up and down and its not gonna get better. Norvell is recruiting like he's at Memphis... Im just not seeing it.

Like when we fired Golden and NoD.... the next year Richt and Manny arrived and our defense improved tremendously with mostly the same players.

I actually think it was a mistake to fire Willie that soon. Willie could at least recruit
Willie couldnt recruit, He brought in 0 quarterbacks and running backs. Without Winky Flowers at USF he would have have been fired in the middle of year 2.

Despite how bad our offense was at times last year, we were an average place kicker away from 9 (maybe 10) wins. That’s it - a few >30 yard field goals.

I’m not sure why it’s some big surprise that after turning the three anchors of the team (OC,QB, kicker) into three strengths we have improved. significantly.
The interesting part is we were even able to do it while the defense took a step back. IMO that helps show just how close our team was last year.

FSU though... it's a different level of bad. They've had 20 opt outs/transfers since last December. They also have 2 wins and have not been competitive in most losses - and they avoided their worst beating from Clemson. The offense hasn't looked great, and the defense has been terrible. This is without even going into the financial limitations the Athletic Department is facing, or the culture issues on the roster. Compound that with weak recruiting. Someone here mentioned it best, they have a roster that looks like the team is on probation. Weak recruiting classes and transfers mean it will take years to field a full, competent team again.

The only bright side? If they recruit a lot of 3 stars, maybe they'll stay the full 4 years. Chess, not checkers!

Advertisement
Back