Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

This is the first sentence of today's Orlando Sentinel article on F$U:

"With two games left and most preseason goals off the table, Florida State is pushing to finish strong with the hope of creating some positive momentum heading into the 2021 season."

I would sincerely like to know what "remaining" preseason goals are still attainable for F$U.

40 remaining scholarship players?

No coaches fired mid-year?

100 consecutive days without an earring?

Advertisement
They spend almost all of their time convincing themselves they're not that bad, a legitimately good team is just a year away, etc. They spend the rest of their time saying Miami isn't any good, no matter how much Miami wins. 52-10, could easily have been much worse, they've lost like a dozen scholarship players since then, they're bringing in a 35th ranked class (or whatever it ends up being), and they're still sure they almost have the U beat.
these fools don't realize you can't stink like they do and be one player away from a 10 win season.

This is the first sentence of today's Orlando Sentinel article on F$U:

"With two games left and most preseason goals off the table, Florida State is pushing to finish strong with the hope of creating some positive momentum heading into the 2021 season."

I would sincerely like to know what "remaining" preseason goals are still attainable for F$U.

40 remaining scholarship players?

No coaches fired mid-year?

100 consecutive days without an earring?
At this rate they are pretty much a lock to go undefeated the rest of this season, so there's that.

Advertisement
Man norvell only wants Milton cause Milton ****ed him up 3 times when he was at Memphis. Would’ve been 4 but he got hurt against USF the game before the conference title game. They still won with Mack at the helm. Milton would be a fool to go there. He’d get killed

Advertisement
We should expect it, always. They've had like 3 weeks off, going on 4. It doesn't take long for the delusion to set in when they haven't seen them get their asses kicked in a few weeks.
The literal WEEK after we beat them 52-10 they beat Jacksonville ***king State (were losing at halftime, by the way) and all I heard from the noles I know - “if Travis woulda played the whole game last week...”

It doesn’t even take a three week layoff to bring the delusions out - they always lie there dormant, waiting.

Serious answers appreciated here:

Were we spinning everything the same way as a desperate FSWho fanbase does? God they are acting like they are the second coming on the recruiting trail as of right now and people are acting like the "memphis special" 3 star recruis are going to change their program.

From some things that I've seen on IG but also on Twitter they are acting like Norwell is getting them another championship next year. I do get optimism and I think we are hyping players up as well that are commited to us, but holy shiat this is another level of delusional...

thats the nature of fan hood in general
iIt’s all about trying to justify things and make excuses
There’s a problem in this country where ppl just can’t come out and say that they suck or they failed
Everything is about spinning it in a way that makes u look or feel better
Im just glad that we’re past that point this year

Advertisement
The interesting part is we were even able to do it while the defense took a step back. IMO that helps show just how close our team was last year.

FSU though... it's a different level of bad. They've had 20 opt outs/transfers since last December. They also have 2 wins and have not been competitive in most losses - and they avoided their worst beating from Clemson. The offense hasn't looked great, and the defense has been terrible. This is without even going into the financial limitations the Athletic Department is facing, or the culture issues on the roster. Compound that with weak recruiting. Someone here mentioned it best, they have a roster that looks like the team is on probation. Weak recruiting classes and transfers mean it will take years to field a full, competent team again.

The only bright side? If they recruit a lot of 3 stars, maybe they'll stay the full 4 years. Chess, not checkers!
They’re playing the long game....Lol.

Or conversely, they could bring in 25+1 portal transfers with 2-3 years of eligibility left and avoid high school players entirely. Those kids won’t transfer again, so you’re guaranteed to have them unless they go to the NFL.

Advertisement

Lol look at his repsonse... this is a commit for next years class not this year.

Screenshot_20201208-183422_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Back