Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I told @Rellyrell this story....he was standing outside the Circle K, putting peanuts into an RC Cola (sh*t you not)...introduced myself, (had UM Hat on) and told him I had a family member on staff...and we spoke for a good 10mins...He said you could see a drastic change from 97 versus 98...
Very cordial...very respectful...and is a Great Memory....Same for Spurrier....met him in 97 at a SEC Function at the SanDestin Beach Hilton were I was Executive Sous Chef....I spoke even longer with him....Super Cool Guy...who was very educated in terms of UMs tradition....at that same function...I talked with Lou Holtz for a solid 10mins as well...matter of fact...at 1st he was kinda busy talking with someone and me...so I excused myself to tend to something...and a few mins later came up to me and finished the convo...Very Nice...and another who was beyond well versed in UM FB....
Beats my story of hanging out with Michael Irvin in an Atlanta club the day after he got arrested back in 96. The best part was telling my Cowboy fan co-worker that I was just talking to Michael Irvin. "Why you want to lie to me like that? You must think I'm the stupidest person... (Irvin walks by) Well son of a *****..."

Advertisement
Beats my story of hanging out with Michael Irvin in an Atlanta club the day after he got arrested back in 96. The best part was telling my Cowboy fan co-worker that I was just talking to Michael Irvin. "Why you want to lie to me like that? You must think I'm the stupidest person... (Irvin walks by) Well son of a *****..."
If I told you "half" the UM stories I have....you'd be shocked....but the 2001 Street Melee in New Orleans sits at the Top...for my wife to be there at the same time made it even better....I was so close...but far away enough to be away from the fracas...Lol....Had a Beer in my hand as Blades dotted Browns eye....

That was the game Dennis got absolutely schooled. We got inside FSU's 5 yard line 3 times. Once where Shannon Crowell fumbled right before crossing the goal line. As I recall we had 4 turnovers in the first half but were only down 14-10. That score would have put us in the lead. Other two times, Dennis tried running the option with Gino. That's right the option. Wasn't funny at the time. After the post-gamehandshake, Bowden told Dennis to get use to this. Dennis said nothing. Only good thing that came out of it was Dennis was more than jacked for the 1990. As a matter of fact, as I recall, even the players had to calm him down during FSU week. Dennis did ran Stephen Mcguire down Bowden's throat 31 times and we obviously won. Then of course 1991 and 1992 games. 1993 not so good, but then the 1994.
I was at that sitting in the FSU alumni section, It was brutal.

If I told you "half" the UM stories I have....you'd be shocked....but the 2001 Street Melee in New Orleans sits at the Top...for my wife to be there at the same time made it even better....I was so close...but far away enough to be away from the fracas...Lol....Had a Beer in my hand as Blades dotted Browns eye....
I was in NO for the game, but sadly missed that. I remember hearing about it later and wondering how the heck I missed out on the fun.

When talent finally overcomes corching.

You clearly weren't aware of anything Miami in those years - another ijit looking at raw numbers.

We were bad. Lost 31 scholarships, at one point didn't have enough players to scrimmage per UM coach.

So Butch had to build up from almost scratch - and he put together the greatest college football team of all time - it just too until 2000 to put it together.

UM screwed up - not Butch.

And we've been screwed by UM's mistakes - to this current year - yet to be determined.

Not Butch.

UM.

It would be different if you had one, single, ****-poor clue as to what you are talking about.

Advertisement
You clearly weren't aware of anything Miami in those years - another ijit looking at raw numbers.

We were bad. Lost 31 scholarships, at one point didn't have enough players to scrimmage per UM coach.

So Butch had to build up from almost scratch - and he put together the greatest college football team of all time - it just too until 2000 to put it together.

UM screwed up - not Butch.

And we've been screwed by UM's mistakes - to this current year - yet to be determined.

Not Butch.

UM.

It would be different if you had one, single, ****-poor clue as to what you are talking about.
So many butch stans, so little time..

So many butch stans, so little time..

You're so dopey.

I'm a Miami alum and fan. Since the 1980s. I can actually have an INFORMED and accurate conversation on the strengths and weakness of every UM coach from JJ to Manny. I know the history. I was there, some of the greatest players at Miami were my classmates and friends, or I tutored them, or I've gotten to know them over the years.

Unlike you, I can be honest in my assessment of Butch. I'm not looking to lionize him, or to tear him down as you are.

If Butch Davis walked away from football completely in 2001, we wouldn't be having that discussion. Butch recruited quality because he couldn't afford to recruit 2 and hope that 1 worked out. They were very bleak years and it's hard to understand how big it was to go from thinking you were destined to be a program that might occasionally crack the top 25 to one that should have 3 championships and is listed as the best team of all time.

Unless you lived through it, you'll never understand it in the context of today's game.

Advertisement
If Butch Davis walked away from football completely in 2001, we wouldn't be having that discussion. Butch recruited quality because he couldn't afford to recruit 2 and hope that 1 worked out. They were very bleak years and it's hard to understand how big it was to go from thinking you were destined to be a program that might occasionally crack the top 25 to one that should have 3 championships and is listed as the best team of all time.

Unless you lived through it, you'll never understand it in the context of today's game.

Which makes walking away from it over a buyout for the browns one of the all time worst moves in sports.

Oh sh*t

Which makes walking away from it over a buyout for the browns one of the all time worst moves in sports.
How? If you're having a disagreement with your employer and another one comes and makes you a great offer, you take it. Obviously, you might make a different decision with the benefit of hindsight.

Advertisement
EjIAnfSXkAAZhdh.jpg

Advertisement
What’s the order of escalation:

Scuffle, then Brawl and then Fracas??

I was in NO for the game, but sadly missed that. I remember hearing about it later and wondering how the heck I missed out on the fun.

What’s the order of escalation:

Scuffle, then Brawl and then Fracas??
I was at Patty O'Briens with wife....Brown was yelling sh*t from across street....Blades ran over and Busted him in his eye....Melee started....Big Vince throwing Gators around like WCW....Cops on Horseback showed up and squashed it....You could see Browns swollen eye from 100yds....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back