Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
So if a company hired an idiot like you to do their taxes, instead of an expert?

Sure, I can agree to that. Especially when your standard for tax compliance is "not getting arrested".

It doesn't change the fact that you make claims to knowing how "companies" and "big companies" operate, when you really know nothing, which you proved by your own words.

Your "companies". Yeah, you've got a couple of disregarded entities. Big deal.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. So what you are saying, is that their are "tactics" used to lower what you pay in taxes. Which is the point I was making in the first place. There are some morons that would whine about this and call it immoral. Just like there are morons that whine about companies protecting their cash cows being immoral.

You are the one that basically said " Bloomberg, one of the wealthiest men on the planet, does immoral things, but since the CEO that hired me didn't tell me the immoral things that happen at my company, it surely doesn't happen here.

I do not own any companies, however, I am/have been on the BOD for multiple companies. I know a lot more about this than you do, just like you know a lot more about tax law than I do.

You are obviously kept in the dark on these topics, which would make sense. There is no reason for you to be involved in it, however, to think it doesn't happen, besides the times you have seen someone getting busted for it. You are incredibly naive.

I am not saying companies operate like the mafia or whatever the **** you seem to be implying. However, immoral activity and rule breaking is very common.

For instance with the Jamies situation. If a top earner on Wall Street did what Jamies did, and they could just pay for it to go away. Every single major company would do it in a heartbeat. The only time they would not do this, is if the risk/payout ended up hurting their bottom line. It has nothing to do with morals.

Advertisement
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. So what you are saying, is that their are "tactics" used to lower what you pay in taxes. Which is the point I was making in the first place. There are some morons that would whine about this and call it immoral. Just like there are morons that whine about companies protecting their cash cows being immoral.

You are the one that basically said " Bloomberg, one of the wealthiest men on the planet, does immoral things, but since the CEO that hired me didn't tell me the immoral things that happen at my company, it surely doesn't happen here.

I do not own any companies, however, I am/have been on the BOD for multiple companies. I know a lot more about this than you do, just like you know a lot more about tax law than I do.

You are obviously kept in the dark on these topics, which would make sense. There is no reason for you to be involved in it, however, to think it doesn't happen, besides the times you have seen someone getting busted for it. You are incredibly naive.

I am not saying companies operate like the mafia or whatever the **** you seem to be implying. However, immoral activity and rule breaking is very common.

For instance with the Jamies situation. If a top earner on Wall Street did what Jamies did, and they could just pay for it to go away. Every single major company would do it in a heartbeat. The only time they would not do this, is if the risk/payout ended up hurting their bottom line. It has nothing to do with morals.

Look, you are a dope. You just keep repeating the "everybody does it" mantra to try to make it true.

I don't know what in the **** you are talking about with "tactics" to lower taxes. Earlier, you were talking about "loopholes" and "tricks". Somehow, no matter what accurate words I use, you twist them to try to claim that I confirmed the nonsense that you spewed.

The same thing is true when people talk about Jameis Winston. We are talking about how his teammates DESTROYED EVIDENCE, and then you come around here and try to equate that with CEOs "protecting their cash cows". There's a difference between Donald Trump paying off a **** star (which, in and of itself is NOT illegal, though the transfer of cash might be a campaign contribution issue) and Ronald Darby DESTROYING EVIDENCE in a rape case.

But, oh yeah, we forgot, you are some sort of self-appointed business expert. You DON'T own companies, but you've been on the Board of Directors of a company or two. Oh, wow. Do you HONESTLY believe you know what is happening in that company, you know, as a DIRECTOR? Good lord, I have worked for several publicly-traded companies, and what the Directors don't know could fill a set of encyclopedias. Directors are not involved in the day to day activities, they know very little about what a company is actually doing. But, hey, if we need you to sign stuff or vote on things, we'll get you on a conference call.

Hey, I'm not going to impugn your actual experience, if you've sat on the Board of Directors for one or more companies that have committed criminal acts to cover up for their "cash cows", that's up to you. I have never said that it "never" happens, but it is not nearly as common as you claim. It's not an "everybody does it, man" situation. ****, I worked for a very well-known company whose CEO had numerous DUI situations, I am by no means claiming that the company didn't pay for the best lawyer available. But we also didn't pull a Walt-and-Jesse routine with a break-in to the police evidence warehouse ("Magnets, *****!") in order to destroy evidence.

And, yes, I'm using an extreme example. The point is, some people rightfully criticized the legal (and illegal) ways in which enablers have allowed Jameis to escape actual legal punishment for his crimes, and you start waving around your micropenis "I'm on the Board of Directors" stories, acting like you are the only person on the boards who has any experience working in large companies, while you sneer at people and call them "peons".

Look, you're a DIRECTOR. Good for you. That doesn't make you the sole expert on anything. Maybe back when you were young, you and Fredo could bang ****tail waitresses two at a time. Nobody cares. The world has been changing, and there are many MANY issues with legal liability and corporate governance that are no longer equivalent to what happened 30 years ago.

And even if the stuff that you claimed "everyone does" actually happened as you described it, once upon a time, that doesn't make it right or admirable. If you honestly believe that "because a CEO covers up his time with a prostitute" that this entitles F$U or the Bucs or Jameis Winston or Ronald Darby to cover up, look the other way, or actually destroy evidence of a crime, then that opinion is on YOU and you alone.

Good luck with that, Mr. DIRECTOR. Oh, lord, wouldn't it be fun to live in your fantasy land, where you actually think you know what is going on in the companies that you "direct".

Advertisement
Look, you are a dope. You just keep repeating the "everybody does it" mantra to try to make it true.

I don't know what in the **** you are talking about with "tactics" to lower taxes. Earlier, you were talking about "loopholes" and "tricks". Somehow, no matter what accurate words I use, you twist them to try to claim that I confirmed the nonsense that you spewed.

The same thing is true when people talk about Jameis Winston. We are talking about how his teammates DESTROYED EVIDENCE, and then you come around here and try to equate that with CEOs "protecting their cash cows". There's a difference between Donald Trump paying off a **** star (which, in and of itself is NOT illegal, though the transfer of cash might be a campaign contribution issue) and Ronald Darby DESTROYING EVIDENCE in a rape case.

But, oh yeah, we forgot, you are some sort of self-appointed business expert. You DON'T own companies, but you've been on the Board of Directors of a company or two. Oh, wow. Do you HONESTLY believe you know what is happening in that company, you know, as a DIRECTOR? Good lord, I have worked for several publicly-traded companies, and what the Directors don't know could fill a set of encyclopedias. Directors are not involved in the day to day activities, they know very little about what a company is actually doing. But, hey, if we need you to sign stuff or vote on things, we'll get you on a conference call.

Hey, I'm not going to impugn your actual experience, if you've sat on the Board of Directors for one or more companies that have committed criminal acts to cover up for their "cash cows", that's up to you. I have never said that it "never" happens, but it is not nearly as common as you claim. It's not an "everybody does it, man" situation. ****, I worked for a very well-known company whose CEO had numerous DUI situations, I am by no means claiming that the company didn't pay for the best lawyer available. But we also didn't pull a Walt-and-Jesse routine with a break-in to the police evidence warehouse ("Magnets, *****!") in order to destroy evidence.

And, yes, I'm using an extreme example. The point is, some people rightfully criticized the legal (and illegal) ways in which enablers have allowed Jameis to escape actual legal punishment for his crimes, and you start waving around your micropenis "I'm on the Board of Directors" stories, acting like you are the only person on the boards who has any experience working in large companies, while you sneer at people and call them "peons".

Look, you're a DIRECTOR. Good for you. That doesn't make you the sole expert on anything. Maybe back when you were young, you and Fredo could bang ****tail waitresses two at a time. Nobody cares. The world has been changing, and there are many MANY issues with legal liability and corporate governance that are no longer equivalent to what happened 30 years ago.

And even if the stuff that you claimed "everyone does" actually happened as you described it, once upon a time, that doesn't make it right or admirable. If you honestly believe that "because a CEO covers up his time with a prostitute" that this entitles F$U or the Bucs or Jameis Winston or Ronald Darby to cover up, look the other way, or actually destroy evidence of a crime, then that opinion is on YOU and you alone.

Good luck with that, Mr. DIRECTOR. Oh, lord, wouldn't it be fun to live in your fantasy land, where you actually think you know what is going on in the companies that you "direct".

First, I at no point broke any laws and neither did any of my co workers. Also, of course I am not "boots on the ground" and know exactly what is going on throughout the entire company. In fact, no one can say they know everything that is happening in the company. Certainly not a ******* lawyer. I also am not talking about 30 years ago, I am talking about today. Was it worse 30 years ago? Maybe, I can't say for sure, since I wasn't in a position to know 30 years ago.

I also never claimed to be the sole expert on the issue. I am sure there are quite a few other posters on here, that have similar experience that I have. However, YOU, the lawyer, don't know schit about any of this. Which is why you get paid a meager stipend to do what you are best at.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Did Jameis and FSU get in trouble for what they did? I am not up to date on the issue, but it looks to me like they made the right decision.

You are the one living in fantasy land, thinking the vast majority of billionaires are morally right citizens, who do everything they can to not bend laws and make morally just decisions. Just because you aren't hearing about it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I am not talking about hiring fixers to break into police stations, or whatever wild fantasies you are having. I am talking about the general tactics used to defend their earners, that most people would consider "immoral".

Can the two of you get a room and stop derailing the 2nd greatest thread in sports history??
1582219263299.jpeg

I've heard of people getting warnings for too many OT posts in a thread, but it seems kind of arbitrary. Still, something for you two to be aware of.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back