Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

you can't read. :durantunimpressed:

I think you’re putting way too much effort into this. People just think he’s corny (which there is no denying) and unproven (which we can debate about, there’s good points both sides). Only time will tell if he can lead a program like FSU. The thing is Jimbo was pretty successful. If he doesn’t come close to that success the cornball act will get old real quick.

Advertisement
I think you’re putting way too much effort into this. People just think he’s corny (which there is no denying) and unproven (which we can debate about, there’s good points both sides). Only time will tell if he can lead a program like FSU. The thing is Jimbo was pretty successful. If he doesn’t come close to that success the cornball act will get old real quick.

nah... The effort comes in trying to distort truths or create narratives that aren't supported by fact.

Advertisement
Herbert was injured And Oregon lost like 5 straight with a backup QB that was garbage.
That’s great...he still had one of the best back in college football, a great o-line, and NFL prospects on Defense that his staph corched then up and ruined their draft stock. Their best DT went from high mid round consideration to Free agent because of their coaching.

That’s great...he still had one of the best back in college football, a great o-line, and NFL prospects on Defense that his staph corched then up and ruined their draft stock. Their best DT went from high mid round consideration to Free agent because of their coaching.

Not to mention during their 5-1 start their best win was a four win Nebraska. (By two points) Smoke and mirrors. They didn’t go down the tubes because of their hurt QB. It was because conference play started.

Lol at anyone trying to cover for Slick Willie’s corching record! He is a terrible coach!

Listen I don't care to go back and see what was said but no one should make the argument that he's a good coach.

There simply is no evidence to defend the statement. Sometimes fans look past what school a coach coaches for and instead wish for the guy to succeed. Situations such as he went to my alma mater, he's black, he was at a place previously that you were a fan of.

Whatever the case facts should be the only way to back up sticking your neck out for a guy and slick has no showings of a good/great coach.

Most of all **** fsu and whomever is their coach.

Advertisement
First of all it is working. Did you see the class they landed last year? 3 5 stars and a ton of highly rated 4 stars and they finished third in their division. If you don't think a bunch of 17 year old kids are going to get swayed by that pitch then I don't know what to tell you. No, it wouldn't work on full grown adults like us, but on kids it works. Also, it is quite obvious that once they actually become playoff contenders they will be all over the media. That includes all of the players on the team. Penn State in NC contention gets much more media attention and player interviews then any other team due the to the fact that they could make history. Also, the documentaries or movies are not going to be 100% about the coach. Watch any documentary about a coach and there ends up being tons of interviews with his athletes. Finally, tons of kids will just do it for the culture. Being part of the first team to win with a black head coach can sway many kids even if they received no attention for it. Lets get back to nole tears. This tactic won't work for WIllie because no one actually thinks he has a chance of winning a natty.

Let me respond to just a few things and we can go back to nole tears. First, FSU has always recruited well and has an established brand that is bigger than Willie. There are other things that appeal to kids to go there and play (including $$$$$). I don't doubt the black head coach factor plays into black kids that are looking for a mentor and authority figure to fill a personal void they may have had in their own experience growing up. I think that plays into it too. But this "let's win one for Willie" on its own, in my opinion, is a weak incentive for kids that are just as much in it for themselves. They may be selling it as a recruiting pitch, but if FSU did not have these other factors going for it, I doubt that alone would sway these kids.

The Pedo State story is a different animal because of what they went through under Paterno/Sandusky and how quickly they have turned around a potential disaster to a positive situation in such a short time. That is driving media attention too because it is an amazing story. But it was Bill O'Brien who kept that ship afloat and sailing in the right direction for Franklin to then take over. This is certainly not a knock on Franklin who is also a very good coach and proved it by winning at Vanderbilt. There just are other very relevant factors in play in both situations that you need to take into account before drawing such a sweeping conclusion that it is only about "winning it for Willie".

Screenshot_2018-08-19_112621.jpg
Screenshot_2018-08-19_112713.jpg
Screenshot_2018-08-19_112725.jpg

Embrace the suck? Come on man...When I was in the Army we would embrace the suck. His ***** football camp lite **** he is running...the only suck involved is their performance. The clips of camp we have seen...guy can't even begin to compare to what "embrace the suck" really means.

And yeah...that tells you something when your fellow coaches think you're a fraud. They can see through the smoke and mirrors. It's a **** dance party frat summer camp being run there.

It was a typo. The actual motto is "embrace sucking." He is a good man to prepare them for failure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back