Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Because he appears to be overrated as a coach.

Pay attention...

That's not the basis of the discussion and never was. I said his guys play hard, he'll recruit well, and they won't be pushovers in year 3. Nothing presented here over the last several hours can refute that, including a misrepresented poll of coaches who believe his job makes him overrated but readily admit that Taggart can coach football.

"Not that he isn't good -- he's won. But usually when you get a job like Florida State, it's because you've won some championships or done something really amazing."

thanks for your contribution. :durantunimpressed:

Advertisement
Let me respond to just a few things and we can go back to nole tears. First, FSU has always recruited well and has an established brand that is bigger than Willie. There are other things that appeal to kids to go there and play (including $$$$$). I don't doubt the black head coach factor plays into black kids that are looking for a mentor and authority figure to fill a personal void they may have had in their own experience growing up. I think that plays into it too. But this "let's win one for Willie" on its own, in my opinion, is a weak incentive for kids that are just as much in it for themselves. They may be selling it as a recruiting pitch, but if FSU did not have these other factors going for it, I doubt that alone would sway these kids.

The Pedo State story is a different animal because of what they went through under Paterno/Sandusky and how quickly they have turned around a potential disaster to a positive situation in such a short time. That is driving media attention too because it is an amazing story. But it was Bill O'Brien who kept that ship afloat and sailing in the right direction for Franklin to then take over. This is certainly not a knock on Franklin who is also a very good coach and proved it by winning at Vanderbilt. There just are other very relevant factors in play in both situations that you need to take into account before drawing such a sweeping conclusion that it is only about "winning it for Willie".

My point was using race is an effective recruiting tactic. You originally disagreed, but now we are on the same page.

Pay attention...

That's not the basis of the discussion and never was. I said his guys play hard, he'll recruit well, and they won't be pushovers in year 3. Nothing presented here over the last several hours can refute that, including a misrepresented poll of coaches who believe his job makes him overrated but readily admit that Taggart can coach football.

"Not that he isn't good -- he's won. But usually when you get a job like Florida State, it's because you've won some championships or done something really amazing."

Thus - overrated.

Thank you for your contribution.

It's amazing the great lengths that you go to defend Taggart. Someone says something negative about him, and here comes Captain Save-a-hoe.

Pay attention...

Remember this gem? "Right, now how about WT's other two stops? And what about your point demonstrates that WT can't coach well? My point is there more evidence that he can coach than there is to support he can't." Or when you compared him to Pete Carrol. I would insert a basketball players face, but I am not posting on LipStickAlley. It is going to be hilarious when your boy Willie Vanillie ends up getting fired after 2 seasons.

Remember this gem? "Right, now how about WT's other two stops? And what about your point demonstrates that WT can't coach well? My point is there more evidence that he can coach than there is to support he can't." Or when you compared him to Pete Carrol. I would insert a basketball players face, but I am not posting on LipStickAlley. It is going to be hilarious when your boy Willie Vanillie ends up getting fired after 2 seasons.

Taggart has a very short leash at FSU, whether he wants to believe it or not. Jimbo for the last 4 recruiting cycles (prior to this last one in a transition) had top 5 classes. Jimbo recruited at a highly successful rate. FSU fans aren't going to support Willie if he were to say go 7-5, then 8-4.

Advertisement
Taggart has a very short leash at FSU, whether he wants to believe it or not. Jimbo for the last 4 recruiting cycles (prior to this last one in a transition) had top 5 classes. Jimbo recruited at a highly successful rate. FSU fans aren't going to support Willie if he were to say go 7-5, then 8-4.

With all of the 4 and 5 stars on that team(they have the 5th most) they will be ****ed if they don't have 10 wins. Any coach that isn't a complete Corch should lead them to 10 regular season wins with only losses to Clemson and Miami. This will not be the case though. Willie will be exposed this year.

Lil Willie been overrated af. People swear because tou can recruit you're respected or you can coach but its not true. Idk how he gets kids because hes the wackest dude ive ever seen though

Thus - overrated.

Thank you for your contribution.

It's amazing the great lengths that you go to defend Taggart. Someone says something negative about him, and here comes Captain Save-a-hoe.

Nah...

I've been responding to posts, this isn't really about defending WT for me. Just a lot of misplaced feelings and bullsh!t arguments that aren't supported by fact. Take you for instance; what exactly triggered your emotional reply and what facts do you offer to support your conclusion?

"Meanwhile, comments on Taggart mostly surrounded jealously that he obtained a job like FSU despite not necessarily putting the resume on paper that some others have to this point in their careers."

The same article used to rebuke me concludes comments around WT are fueled by jealousy and have nothing to do with his coaching ability. Why are you trying so hard? Why don't you go find something to disprove what I stated and you can quote my previous posts for context if you want. Otherwise it's just your delicate feelings and, no offense, you need to come off all that.

Bring something to the thread. Construct a cohesive argument and teach me something!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah...

I've been responding to posts, this isn't really about defending WT for me. Just a lot of misplaced feelings and bullsh!t arguments that aren't supported by fact. Take you for instance; what exactly triggered your emotional reply and what facts do you offer to support your conclusion?

"Meanwhile, comments on Taggart mostly surrounded jealously that he obtained a job like FSU despite not necessarily putting the resume on paper that some others have to this point in their careers."

The same article used to rebuke me concludes comments around WT are fueled by jealousy and have nothing to do with his coaching ability. Why are you trying so hard? Why don't you go find something to disprove what I stated and you can quote my previous posts for context if you want. Otherwise it's just your delicate feelings and, no offense, but I want you to come off all that.

Bring something to the thread. Construct a cohesive argument and teach me something!

Get the **** off this thread.

Advertisement
Nah...

The same article used to rebuke me concludes comments around WT are fueled by jealousy and have nothing to do with his coaching ability. Why are you trying so hard? Why don't you go find something to disprove what I stated and you can quote my previous posts for context if you want. Otherwise it's just your delicate feelings and, no offense, you need to come off all that.

Fact is he is 47-52 as a Head Coach! Should have been easy for him in Oregon they already had his system in place. Dude is over rated hasnt proved anything not to mention he averages a 6-7 year what other facts do u need to trash the rivals coach!!! Ur Cane care should be revoked!

Absolute Garbage...

Attachments

• 36904430_2111936302416832_4084223481397379072_n.jpg
    36904430_2111936302416832_4084223481397379072_n.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 109
Advertisement
If a dude posts defenses and other positive shît about Mullet in Gator Tears, me-n-the boys are torching his ***. Fûck F$U, fûck the gaytors and fûck Willie Vanilli & Dam Mullet. Fûck everyone that's not about this U. This blasphemous shît in a Tears thread is disgraceful. Enough.

Nah...

You sound like an idiot.

I, along with others have brought facts to the table. He has a career sub .500 record, and has ZERO signature wins. He just went 7-6 at Oregon, is he supposed to get a cookie for that?

No one's jealous that he got the job at FSU. We (Canes fans) are thankful that WT is at FSU because he has a lot of similarities to Al Golden. Jimbo was HC in waiting and never was a HC anywhere prior - fair to say that he met expectations.

A lot of coaches are known for turning around bad teams in crap conferences. The field gets exponentially smaller when doing the same at the Power 5 level. WT has no excuse as he's not taking over a rebuild, the talent's already there in Tallahassee.

Since you seem to be getting butt hurt (in a Noles tear thread) that I'm pointing out Taggart's obvious flaws. Then if you don't like my opinion, than ignore me. It's really that simple.

Advertisement
Back