Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Reg, I am with you in your thoughts.

And don't worry about you making it a race thing or not....it already was. Didn't they specifically go out and find a black head coach. Tell me if I'm wrong, but they made that one of the top boxes to check this time around.

Correct

Advertisement
I am not trying to make this a race thing, even though I realize by saying that, it instantly becomes a race thing. Nevertheless, majority of the black FSU fans that I know, work with, or randomly end up debating, are all very excited about the hire. They believe Taggart will be able to relate to the current players and future recruits, simply because he is black. THEY ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING!!!
He will have a honeymoon for but 4 years before they begin to turn there backs on him.

Most of the people of a lighter hue, are far more skeptical about Silly Willy being at the helm. Looking at the public opinion amongst this demographic, Willy's leash will be shorter than Coach Boone's leash on Remember the Titans (Remember, they gave Boone the "one loss and your out" treatment.") Of course, the Boone comparison is a bit of hyperbole sprinkled in with truth. I have actually had about 3 or 4 older men tell me that Willy being hired was due to Affirmative Action........real ****!

All in all, much like politics, depending on the race of the individual, you will get a completely different response regarding Willy being the HNIC.
Sounds to me like they pulled out the race card as a CYA excuse because Taggart wasn't the flashy hire they were hoping for. Black, white, Asian, Hispanic, green martian for that matter - Taggert looks like a clown and I'm ecstatic he's a semenhole.

They believe Taggart will be able to relate to the current players and future recruits, simply because he is black. THEY ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING!!!
Can't blame them.I was there too a decade ago thinking the same about Randy.

I am not trying to make this a race thing, even though I realize by saying that, it instantly becomes a race thing. Nevertheless, majority of the black FSU fans that I know, work with, or randomly end up debating, are all very excited about the hire. They believe Taggart will be able to relate to the current players and future recruits, simply because he is black. THEY ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING!!!
He will have a honeymoon for but 4 years before they begin to turn there backs on him.

Most of the people of a lighter hue, are far more skeptical about Silly Willy being at the helm. Looking at the public opinion amongst this demographic, Willy's leash will be shorter than Coach Boone's leash on Remember the Titans (Remember, they gave Boone the "one loss and your out" treatment.") Of course, the Boone comparison is a bit of hyperbole sprinkled in with truth. I have actually had about 3 or 4 older men tell me that Willy being hired was due to Affirmative Action........real ****!

All in all, much like politics, depending on the race of the individual, you will get a completely different response regarding Willy being the HNIC.

yeah...

I'm trying to stay away from the element of race in the argument and simply focus on the facts, but it's unavoidable with dudes calling Taggart Steve Urkel and all things Uncle Tom; as if that impacts his ability to coach football...?

I would think most the dudes saying these sorts of things don't experience the world as a black man either, because if they did they would appreciate how hard it is, as black man, to get high-profile jobs and generally have his success in any field, much less as a CFB coach.

Truth is, nothing has been presented on this thread to prove the guy will suck, but dudes are going out of their way to discredit his success and undermine his character. For what? I hate FSU like the next Cane but they don't need to have a ****** coach and lose every game for []__[] to be great; past, present and future... All FSU's championships came when Miami was on probation. Let that sink in...

In the meantime, I appreciate the spirited back and forth with those who post quality arguments, but y'all don't need to fear Willie Taggart and FSU. It's not about them or what they do...

It's all about the []__[].

Advertisement
yeah...

I'm trying to stay away from the element of race in the argument and simply focus on the facts, but it's unavoidable with dudes calling Taggart Steve Urkel and all things Uncle Tom; as if that impacts his ability to coach football...?

I would think most the dudes saying these sorts of things don't experience the world as a black man either, because if they did they would appreciate how hard it is, as black man, to get high-profile jobs and generally have his success in any field, much less as a CFB coach.

Truth is, nothing has been presented on this thread to prove the guy will suck, but dudes are going out of their way to discredit his success and undermine his character. For what? I hate FSU like the next Cane but they don't need to have a ****** coach and lose every game for []__[] to be great; past, present and future... All FSU's championships came when Miami was on probation. Let that sink in...

In the meantime, I appreciate the spirited back and forth with those who post quality arguments, but y'all don't need to fear Willie Taggart and FSU. It's not about them or what they do...

Taggart has a career 47-50 record with no signature wins.

He pulls quotes and uses them annually on twitter ranging from Paris Hilton to Hallmark.

What exactly are Canes fans making up?

Also, has nothing to do with race either. We clown Mullen just as hard on the gator tears thread.

yeah...

I can understand how people compare him to Steve Urkel. For that matter, I've made Willy/Urkel jokes myself. However, I don't understand why people refer to his as a Uncle Tom. He is definitely different, but the title of "Uncle Tom" carries a much deeper history, in which I don't see how it is applicable to Willy.

Lastly, speaking as a black man, regarding his tenure at FSU, the only thing that I hope Willy succeeds in, is failure!

I can understand how people compare him to Steve Urkel. For that matter, I've made Willy/Urkel jokes myself. However, I don't understand why people refer to his as a Uncle Tom. He is definitely different, but the title of "Uncle Tom" carries a much deeper history, in which I don't see how it is applicable to Willy.

Lastly, speaking as a black man, regarding his tenure at FSU, the only thing that I hope Willy succeeds in, is failure!

PREACH

Taggart has a career 47-50 record with no signature wins.

He pulls quotes and uses them annually on twitter ranging from Paris Hilton to Hallmark.

What exactly are Canes fans making up?

Also, has nothing to do with race either. We clown Mullen just as hard on the gator tears thread.
We clown Mullen way harder. Mullen provides better material.

I actually think Taggart will be ok to good for them. I mean he's cheesy af and whatever. But seems like a solid recruiter. Also Taggart doesn't seem like he is the type of coach (like my boy Lane) who will get in any kind of trouble.

I see Taggart as somewhere between Shannon and Frank Solich. Just kinda meh. We're about to really pull away from the Noles in my opinion

Advertisement
They believe Taggart will be able to relate to the current players and future recruits, simply because he is black. THEY ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING!!!
Can't blame them.I was there too a decade ago thinking the same about Randy.

It will work for recruiting right up to the point they start losing. Once kids see they don't have a shot of actually winning games they won't care what color he is. From what I have been hearing James Franklin is using the black card harder then anybody. His whole recruiting pitch is hes trying to assemble the team that ends up being the first one to win with a black head coach. Which actually is a pretty good approach. If he actually ends up pulling that off, those kids will at the very least end up receiving massive media attention. They could end up getting a documentary or a made for TV movie made about it as well. Many years down the road.

Last edited:
I will never wish anyone bad, I just hope we beat them every year. Doesn't matter who is coaching them.

Advertisement
yeah...

I'm pretty its Black people calling him Uncle Tom. I've never heard a non-black call a black a Uncle Tom.

Most of the people of a lighter hue, are far more skeptical about Silly Willy being at the helm. Looking at the public opinion amongst this demographic, Willy's leash will be shorter than Coach Boone's leash on Remember the Titans (Remember, they gave Boone the "one loss and you're out" treatment.") Of course, the Boone comparison is a bit of hyperbole sprinkled in with truth. I have actually had about 3 or 4 older men tell me that Willy being hired was due to Affirmative Action........real ****!

Those F$U fans are the same ones who criticized us for hiring Randy Shannon.

I still remember the 2007 game at F$U, I was with my brother who had a friend who was an F$U fan. We wandered over to his friend's RV before the game and several F$U fans specifically asked me if Randy Shannon was capable of returning UM to glory. Now, we all know how the story turned out, but the clear implication in Year 1 of Shannon was that he was only hired because he was black, and that he would not succeed because he was black.

I left that tailgate and have never spent time with those F$U people since.

Advertisement
I'm pretty its Black people calling him Uncle Tom. I've never heard a non-black call a black a Uncle Tom.

nah... :durantunimpressed:

that's not really how we roll; bunch of black dudes sitting around calling another dude Uncle Tom when he's the head ball coach at FSU. Some dudes like it inside the house, and that's fine, more power to them. "****...I ain't mad at cha...do your thing boy."

It's just an unspoken understanding acknowledged with a look and nary a mention, much less posted about on a blog with mixed company.

real recognize real.

It will work for recruiting right up to the point they start losing. Once kids see they don't have a shot of actually winning games they won't care what color he is. From what I have been hearing James Franklin is using the black card harder then anybody. His whole recruiting pitch is hes trying to assemble the team that ends up being the first one to win with a black head coach. Which actually is a pretty good approach. If he actually ends up pulling that off those kids will have at the very least end up receiving massive media attention. They could end up getting a documentary or a made for TV movie made about it as well many years down the road.

so the pitch is come play for me so you can put my name in the record books and they can make documentaries about me? And how is this a pretty good recruiting approach?

Advertisement
Back