Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Is he? I'm too young to have seen prime Deion but he played in an era where the rules favored DBs much more than now and he was a poor tackler. I'd put Champ Bailey ahead based on that and there are a few playing now that could contend but I won't name names cause they all should have been Canes.

Anyways from what I've seen of Deion coaching in the camp circuit he has a wealth of positional knowledge and a knack for teaching so I think he'd be a great DB coach. DB coaching is mostly about teaching technique rather than scheme so good DBs generally make good position coaches right away.

Deion is the best cover guy ever and it's not close. Dude was on an island all game , and qbs went games at a time without trying him. Which made all his int's/ pick 6's so impressive. Champ is nowhere near his universe.

Actually imo nobody is close to his universe.

Darrelle Revis for about a year or 2

Not even close. Revis never even had half the athleticism of Neon Deion and no where near the ints.

lol @ revis...who my dolphins routinely burned with guys lie Ted Ginn and the family.
Deion Sanders and its not even close......completely shut down a side of the field...that revis island sh*t was a facade...We have former coaches who literally state they told their qbs to NOT throw at Deion. He was a blanket. Deion was **** near 38 yrs old and still getting pick 6 at corner. I have no clue where or what revis is doing now..he fell off a cliff maybe 3 years ago lol

Rod Woodson was better than Deon in the same era.

Last edited:
Getting Sanders would be a huge coup for Willie.

Imagine him going into a living room to recruit a kid. We have no one on staff who can compete with that.

Just because he played doesn't mean he can cosch.....isnt that what's said when we want to hire one of our all time greats who are HOF in the NFL?

Deion is the best cover guy ever and it's not close. Dude was on an island all game , and qbs went games at a time without trying him. Which made all his int's/ pick 6's so impressive. Champ is nowhere near his universe.

Not even close. Revis never even had half the athleticism of Neon Deion and no where near the ints.

lol @ revis...who my dolphins routinely burned with guys lie Ted Ginn and the family.
Deion Sanders and its not even close......completely shut down a side of the field...that revis island sh*t was a facade...We have former coaches who literally state they told their qbs to NOT throw at Deion. He was a blanket. Deion was **** near 38 yrs old and still getting pick 6 at corner. I have no clue where or what revis is doing now..he fell off a cliff maybe 3 years ago lol

Not even close and he's one of my favorite players ever. He could tackle and hit better but nobody touched Deion as a cover guy

Advertisement
They just lost Sweat to the NFL... I think he lead them in sacks and TFL.....Had said he was gonna stay...guess Willie made him decide otherwise.

They just lost Sweat to the NFL... I think he lead them in sacks and TFL.....Had said he was gonna stay...guess Willie made him decide otherwise.

I thought it was pretty much official when he skipped their bowl game he was going pro. Guess this makes it official though

Need Tate to go pro now. Don't want to face him again

Advertisement

Not even close and he's one of my favorite players ever. He could tackle and hit better but nobody touched Deion as a cover guy

There's more to being a great corner than just being a cover guy. Rod Woodson made the whole defense better with his toughness and versatility. Deion was a great one, but he wasn't a complete football player in the way Woodson was.

There's more to being a great corner than just being a cover guy. Rod Woodson made the whole defense better with his toughness and versatility. Deion was a great one, but he wasn't a complete football player in the way Woodson was.

Rod Woodson was right there with Deon before he tried to tackle Barry in the open field one-on-one. But Woodson and Ronnie Lott are arguably the two best all around DBs in history. There the only two I can think of that were All-Pro at CB, FS, and SS

He took an entire side of the field away just with his presence, with no help. No other cb dominated to that level , any player from those guys generation speak on how amazing that was. Taking an entire side of the field away allows you to roll coverage elsewhere. F tackling and hits , nobody affected the position more. And every qb/wr from that era would tell you that. He completely changed games/game plans by standing over your best wr.

Woodson was a more complete football player, but couldn't touch Deion as a cb or coverage. That's why majority of people think Sanders is the goat cb.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is he? I'm too young to have seen prime Deion but he played in an era where the rules favored DBs much more than now and he was a poor tackler. I'd put Champ Bailey ahead based on that and there are a few playing now that could contend but I won't name names cause they all should have been Canes.

Anyways from what I've seen of Deion coaching in the camp circuit he has a wealth of positional knowledge and a knack for teaching so I think he'd be a great DB coach. DB coaching is mostly about teaching technique rather than scheme so good DBs generally make good position coaches right away.

Strangely old Deion could never cover Playmaker. Guess he could not take the beating MIke dished out.

Advertisement
They're not very happy aboit Dugans staying put lol Screenshot_20180104-233112.jpg

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett moving from Michigan State to Florida State

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett is leaving Michigan State for the same position at Florida State, a source confirmed Friday morning.

Barnett is leaving his alma mater after 11 seasons as an assistant for the Spartans' defense. He has been a member of Mark Dantonio's coaching staff since 2004 when he was hired at Cincinnati. His new job was first reported by Bruce Feldman.

Barnett took over as a co-defensive coordinator at Michigan State in 2015. This fall he helped turn a starting lineup filled with underclassmen into the No. 7-ranked total defense at the FBS level, allowing 297.6 yards per game. Barnett coached defensive backs along with his coordinator responsibilities. He has helped coach a secondary that has often ranked among the nation's best during his tenure in East Lansing.

Barnett was part of a core group of Dantonio assistants that had been with him for the entirety of the head coach's time at Michigan State.

If the Donk is staying put, why was everyone panicking as if Dugans was leaving? Premature consternation?

Advertisement
Back