Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

That'd be hilarious. Like every DB's going to come in and play like Deion.

Legend's seldom work out when it comes to coaching acumen. Sure, you have guys like Ed Reed that were average athletically, but made up for it with superior intellect and instincts. Deion was a prime athlete and that doesn't always translate to coaching.

Ummm, Reed was not “average”. He was no 4.3 but he’s not average - he was a great athlete.

Compared to the average NFL player, he was average. There was nothing that he did athletically that "wowed" you like Sean Taylor. He more than made up for it in terms of knowledge and instincts. Reed could dissect receiver routes and opposing offensive plays better than most NFL safeties.

lmao. So Reed was average athletically with above average knowledge and instincts. Your tepid praise of a top 3 all time nfl safety is pathetic.

It's not a knock on Ed Reed. It's more of an indication how good Reed was. I acknowledge that Reed was at the very least a top 3 safety.

In terms of overall speed and strength and size, he wasn't the top at any category.

That's why with Reed, compared to other all-time greats, I think Reed could actually transition well to coaching - because he had to rely on overall IQ compared to his contemporaries that were at the same level that he was.

Ed Reed was one of the most athletic and intelligent safeties in history who would get kicks, mounts, ints and fumbles and constantly return them for touchdowns like it was nothing....... What in the **** are you talking about?

Advertisement
Look, let's cut to the chase on Neon Deion. It is not hypocritical for us to mock him becoming a coach, as he is a much different kind of role model than what we would see if we hired Ed Reed or Ken Dorsey.

People may have forgotten...maybe people are just overwhelmed by his status as an NFL HoF'er...

But Neon Deion was a terrible example of what any college team is trying to develop in its young players. Nobody disputes his talent, but he was the epitome of a me-first player who didn't want to tackle. He played at F$U for 4 years, and he had a total of 14 interceptions and 3 special teams TDs. That equates to 3.5 interceptions per season and less than 1 special teams TD per season. If you gave those stats to a UM player, posters on this board would be roasting our player for his lack of production. In 4 years, Neon Deion never beat Miami and he never played for a national championship. However, he got into trouble multiple times for academics (he had to take several summer classes, after 3 years, just to stay eligible), and he had several brushes with the law.

So, yeah, unless F$U is converting its sports management program into a self-promotion major, I don't think Neon Deion will bring anything of value besides his own personal celebrity. What does he tell these kids? "Hey, if you can grow as tall and heavy as me and skip all your classes, you too can get 3.5 interceptions per year"...

Ridiculous.

Legend's seldom work out when it comes to coaching acumen. Sure, you have guys like Ed Reed that were average athletically, but made up for it with superior intellect and instincts. Deion was a prime athlete and that doesn't always translate to coaching.

Ummm, Reed was not “average”. He was no 4.3 but he’s not average - he was a great athlete.

Compared to the average NFL player, he was average. There was nothing that he did athletically that "wowed" you like Sean Taylor. He more than made up for it in terms of knowledge and instincts. Reed could dissect receiver routes and opposing offensive plays better than most NFL safeties.

lmao. So Reed was average athletically with above average knowledge and instincts. Your tepid praise of a top 3 all time nfl safety is pathetic.

It's not a knock on Ed Reed. It's more of an indication how good Reed was. I acknowledge that Reed was at the very least a top 3 safety.

In terms of overall speed and strength and size, he wasn't the top at any category.

That's why with Reed, compared to other all-time greats, I think Reed could actually transition well to coaching - because he had to rely on overall IQ compared to his contemporaries that were at the same level that he was.

Your problem is that you automatically equate size and speed to athleticism. Ability to change direction quickly, having unbelievable coordination, etc are all huge components of being a great athlete. He was the big east champ javelin thrower and was a great pitcher in HS. Yet you think he was an average athlete? Smh

[TWEET]946064304184311808[/TWEET]

That average NFL player is one of the greatest safeties of all time and is undoubtedly a 1st round ballet hall of fame.

By today's standards that means Jerry rice was an average reciver with his measurable and speed

Advertisement
These posts are incredibly retarded.

Ed Reed is a great athlete. Sure, he didn’t run the fastest 40 (neither did the demi god Sean Taylor), but he was incredibly quick, agile, and explosive. Very strong too. Calling him an “average athlete” is hilarious.

You post like some 16 year old kid who never even saw Reed play in his prime.

Ed Reed has almost identical combine measures as Jamal Adams just had as the #5 overall pick. Ed Reed was a complete stud, end of story.

Your problem is that you automatically equate size and speed to athleticism. Ability to change direction quickly, having unbelievable coordination, etc are all huge components of being a great athlete. He was the big east champ javelin thrower and was a great pitcher in HS. Yet you think he was an average athlete? Smh

I stopped caring about his ridiculous argument when he said this:

"Compared to the average NFL player, he was average. There was nothing that he did athletically that "wowed" you like Sean Taylor. "

So, compared to the "average" NFL player, Ed Reed was "average". But he is one of the greatest safeties of all time. So, of course, that dumb commentary was just dumb.

Advertisement
I love that so many younger cats idolize Sean T, but oftentimes that leads to people sleeping on the greatness of Ed Reed, who IMO, is the greatest safety in UM history.

You mean the guy with 106 & 109yrd returns in actual NFL games? Hmmm, yeah, not an athlete. Measurables do not equal athlete.

Go Canes!

I love that so many younger cats idolize Sean T, but oftentimes that leads to people sleeping on the greatness of Ed Reed, who IMO, is the greatest safety in UM history.

You mean the greatest safety in football history. Ed takes a back seat to nobody including Ronnie Lott and Night Train Lane.

You mean the guy with 106 & 109yrd returns in actual NFL games? Hmmm, yeah, not an athlete. Measurables do not equal athlete.

Go Canes!

Yeah, Reed has the fastest 109 yard dash ever...that's an athlete.

Advertisement
Look, let's cut to the chase on Neon Deion. It is not hypocritical for us to mock him becoming a coach, as he is a much different kind of role model than what we would see if we hired Ed Reed or Ken Dorsey.

People may have forgotten...maybe people are just overwhelmed by his status as an NFL HoF'er...

But Neon Deion was a terrible example of what any college team is trying to develop in its young players. Nobody disputes his talent, but he was the epitome of a me-first player who didn't want to tackle. He played at F$U for 4 years, and he had a total of 14 interceptions and 3 special teams TDs. That equates to 3.5 interceptions per season and less than 1 special teams TD per season. If you gave those stats to a UM player, posters on this board would be roasting our player for his lack of production. In 4 years, Neon Deion never beat Miami and he never played for a national championship. However, he got into trouble multiple times for academics (he had to take several summer classes, after 3 years, just to stay eligible), and he had several brushes with the law.

So, yeah, unless F$U is converting its sports management program into a self-promotion major, I don't think Neon Deion will bring anything of value besides his own personal celebrity. What does he tell these kids? "Hey, if you can grow as tall and heavy as me and skip all your classes, you too can get 3.5 interceptions per year"...

Ridiculous.

Deion Sanders i the best cb to ever play the game of football. All what you posted means sh*t to be honest. We trotted out Paul Williams as our db coach recently.

Dont think Deion would be a coach at fsu...but i dont think he would fail at it completely.

Advertisement
Deion Sanders i the best cb to ever play the game of football. All what you posted means sh*t to be honest. We trotted out Paul Williams as our db coach recently.

Dont think Deion would be a coach at fsu...but i dont think he would fail at it completely.

Is he? I'm too young to have seen prime Deion but he played in an era where the rules favored DBs much more than now and he was a poor tackler. I'd put Champ Bailey ahead based on that and there are a few playing now that could contend but I won't name names cause they all should have been Canes.

Anyways from what I've seen of Deion coaching in the camp circuit he has a wealth of positional knowledge and a knack for teaching so I think he'd be a great DB coach. DB coaching is mostly about teaching technique rather than scheme so good DBs generally make good position coaches right away.

Is he? I'm too young to have seen prime Deion but he played in an era where the rules favored DBs much more than now and he was a poor tackler. I'd put Champ Bailey ahead based on that and there are a few playing now that could contend but I won't name names cause they all should have been Canes.

Anyways from what I've seen of Deion coaching in the camp circuit he has a wealth of positional knowledge and a knack for teaching so I think he'd be a great DB coach. DB coaching is mostly about teaching technique rather than scheme so good DBs generally make good position coaches right away.

Deion is hands down best CB to ever play the game. Just as Ray is best MLB to ever to play.

Deion is the best cover guy ever and it's not close. Dude was on an island all game , and qbs went games at a time without trying him. Which made all his int's/ pick 6's so impressive. Champ is nowhere near his universe.

Actually imo nobody is close to his universe.

Deion is the best cover guy ever and it's not close. Dude was on an island all game , and qbs went games at a time without trying him. Which made all his int's/ pick 6's so impressive. Champ is nowhere near his universe.

Actually imo nobody is close to his universe.

Darrelle Revis for about a year or 2

Advertisement
Back