Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Guy has been a co-DC for two years and he's elite lol Not saying it's a bad hire but it's funny how our fanbase are so quick to praise other teams but clown our own team at every turn.

Advertisement
Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett moving from Michigan State to Florida State

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett is leaving Michigan State for the same position at Florida State, a source confirmed Friday morning.

Barnett is leaving his alma mater after 11 seasons as an assistant for the Spartans' defense. He has been a member of Mark Dantonio's coaching staff since 2004 when he was hired at Cincinnati. His new job was first reported by Bruce Feldman.

Barnett took over as a co-defensive coordinator at Michigan State in 2015. This fall he helped turn a starting lineup filled with underclassmen into the No. 7-ranked total defense at the FBS level, allowing 297.6 yards per game. Barnett coached defensive backs along with his coordinator responsibilities. He has helped coach a secondary that has often ranked among the nation's best during his tenure in East Lansing.

Barnett was part of a core group of Dantonio assistants that had been with him for the entirety of the head coach's time at Michigan State.

I know this isn't the thread for it but dude about to show us what a real 4-3 defense looks like.

He is? Jesus you are insufferable

F$U hired S&C coach Irele Oderinde from Oregon today, who was suspended a month without pay last year after three Oregon players ended up in the hospital (allegedly) because of his training methods. There are also major questions about his obtaining an S&C coaching certification via US Track & Field, which basically is a 21-hour program (for $245) that grants certification across all NCAA sports. Suspect hire for f$u, great talking point with the mothers and fathers of recruits for us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Been with Mich St 11 years but is co defensive coordinator....trust me DAntonio calling the shots there

F$U hired S&C coach Irele Oderinde from Oregon today, who was suspended a month without pay last year after three Oregon players ended up in the hospital (allegedly) because of his training methods. There are also major questions about his obtaining an S&C coaching certification via US Track & Field, which basically is a 21-hour program (for $245) that grants certification across all NCAA sports. Suspect hire for f$u, great talking point with the mothers and fathers of recruits for us.

This

Advertisement
Since Willie Taggart's been hired by FSU, you've seen a considerable downgrade position coach by position coach compared to Jimbo's tenure.

Screenshot_20180105-222536.jpgScreenshot_20180105-220545.jpg
Screenshot_20180105-220455.jpg

**** lol fsu fans not happy about Willie taggart hiring an almost completely black staff LOL.

Advertisement
Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett moving from Michigan State to Florida State

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett is leaving Michigan State for the same position at Florida State, a source confirmed Friday morning.

Barnett is leaving his alma mater after 11 seasons as an assistant for the Spartans' defense. He has been a member of Mark Dantonio's coaching staff since 2004 when he was hired at Cincinnati. His new job was first reported by Bruce Feldman.

Barnett took over as a co-defensive coordinator at Michigan State in 2015. This fall he helped turn a starting lineup filled with underclassmen into the No. 7-ranked total defense at the FBS level, allowing 297.6 yards per game. Barnett coached defensive backs along with his coordinator responsibilities. He has helped coach a secondary that has often ranked among the nation's best during his tenure in East Lansing.

Barnett was part of a core group of Dantonio assistants that had been with him for the entirety of the head coach's time at Michigan State.

I know this isn't the thread for it but dude about to show us what a real 4-3 defense looks like.

Gave up a combined 125 points in their 3 losses to ND, OSU and Northwestern

If UM had hired him YOU would be killing UM for hiring a DC who's defense did that.

Advertisement

If UM had hired him YOU would be killing UM for hiring a DC who's defense did that.

No I wouldn't. I like Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, Clemson, and Boston College's 4-3 defenses. I would be excited if we hired a DC from there if Manny leaves or doesn't make it.

Not to mention, all 3 of those teams won 10 games this year so it not like they were giving up that many points to scrubs. They also finished 7th in total defense.

Last edited:

No I wouldn't. I like Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, Clemson, and Boston College's 4-3 defenses. I would be excited if we hired a DC from there if Manny leaves or doesn't make it.

Not to mention, all 3 of those teams won 10 games this year so it not like they were giving up that many points to scrubs. They also finished 7th in total defense.

So you are ok with giving up 40+ points to teams as long as they win 10 in a season??? Makes alot of sense.

So you are ok with giving up 40+ points to teams as long as they win 10 in a season??? Makes alot of sense.

No. I'm js they weren't giving up all those points to just anybody. Besides Miami has more talent then Michigan State so that defense would only be better here.

Advertisement
Back