Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
It has it's benefits, but the down side is having to strike gold every year and getting only 1 year out of said player.

Take Darrel Jackson for example. He transfers from UM to FSU. Although he has 2 years of eligibility left, Norvell likely only gets him for 1 year as I see him entering the NFL draft next year. So, he's a 1-year stop gap.

Is it a sustainable model? It depends on what's considered successful. It's more of an NFL model with free agency except you're signing guys for only 1-2 years. That may get you 8-9 wins, but I don't think it's a way to build a championship program.

You can't stack talent with 1-2 year portal players. It's also doubtful for them to get championship level players out of the portal and definitely not enough of them.

With his small class size, it's clear that heavy reliance on the portal is Norvell's model.

Norvell hasn't recruited well at QB. If Jordan Travis hadn't improved, FSU likely has a losing record and Norvell is fired.

I don't think Travis is great, but he's had a huge role in their offense with his dual threat ability.

I don't know where they go after his eligibility runs out next year. Likely the portal or Tate Rodemyer.

I could see them going 8-4 or 9-3 next year and then falling on their face at 7-5 or 6-6 in 2024 when we'll have stacked back to back top 5 recruiting classes.

FSU will break in a new QB in 2024 with a schedule of potential losses of:
@ Miami
@ ND
Florida
Clemson
UNC
NC State
SIAP, but wouldn't Darrel Jackson have to sit out a year since he already used his one time transfer to us?

SIAP, but wouldn't Darrel Jackson have to sit out a year since he already used his one time transfer to us?
That's the rule. Apparently, his mother is ill and that's the reason for him wanting to be closer to home which is 20-25 minutes from FSU's campus. So, he'll apply for a waiver and likely get it.

I think someone posted he has a high school teammate on the team as well as his high school coach. I don't know if either to be true, but that's what I remember reading.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s only the first quarter and I’m already tired to listen to that f*cking chant. Pathetic.
Anyone who's been to a game in Choak knows that you can't hear that ******* band live, there's too much noise. They mike them for TV. One reason I refuse to watch the ***** suckers play with the volume up

Advertisement
When I look at Norvell I see a coach who is destined to lose 3-4 games a year because he just doesn’t recruit at a high enough level. In my opinion, the portal is good for adding a few key pieces here or there, but you can’t build your entire program out of the portal. When you recruit well, it’s due to relationships being built, kids who grew up as fans of the school, etc. as opposed to the portal who are basically hired mercenaries. Some years it may work, other years it could be a disaster. The Criminoles are so lost they’ve actually convinced themselves that Norvell is a good coach.

Congratulations on 10-3 and the cheez it bowl with almost everyone coming back to play the bowl game over the now 6-7 Sooners.
That Sooners team had the most dismal offensive performance this season that I have ever seen when the played Texas; even worse than peak Miami ineptitude this year.

Advertisement
Back