Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I don't get this whole "herbert played like **** under Mario" logic. First off, Mario only had the kid for 2 years. Second, Herbert played for 3-4 OCs and 3 HCs. Third, Herbert's senior year was **** good and even though he was top 20 in the ncaa in total pass yards, he was only ~200-300 away from being top 10. You can also argue that the 2nd two years prepared him for the pros so that the transition was smooth. It's really quite a silly arguement.

This is a great point. Who cares if a college QB throws for 5,000 yards in one collegiate year and then immediately bombs in the NFL, right? How many QBs have multiple record-setting years, win the Heisman, win a national championship, and then go on to win Rookie of the Year in the NFL with 10 or 12 solid years in a row, culminating in the NFL Hall of Fame? We have to be realistic.

So any college coach who doesn't create IDENTICAL collegiate output to what he eventually does in the NFL...was "wasted" by his college coach? Makes no sense at all.

Seems to me that 3-star Herbert got better each and every year that he was at Oregon, culminating in a 12-2 season, a top 5 team ranking, a Pac 12 championship, and a Rose Bowl victory, while the player himself went as the #6 overall draft pick. But because Herbert didn't throw for a few hundred extra yards or win a national championship, he was "wasted"? And isn't the head coach supposed to pursue TEAM goals, and not sacrifice the team in order to get the QB a couple hundred extra yards and a couple spots higher in the draft?

I've never seen such non-sensical insanity.

Advertisement
I don't get this whole "herbert played like **** under Mario" logic. First off, Mario only had the kid for 2 years. Second, Herbert played for 3-4 OCs and 3 HCs. Third, Herbert's senior year was **** good and even though he was top 20 in the ncaa in total pass yards, he was only ~200-300 away from being top 10. You can also argue that the 2nd two years prepared him for the pros so that the transition was smooth. It's really quite a silly arguement.
Not only that. It doesn't even matter how well Herbert played at Oregon. None of those offensive coaches are at Miami anyway besides Alex Mirabal and of course Mario, who are offensive line guys. Different OC, different QB coach, different WR coach, different RB coach, different TE coach. Technically nothing that happened under other staffs at Oregon really makes a difference here besides O-line play. UF fans are idiots because they keep hiring QB coaches/OCs to be their head coach so they believe that a quarterback's play is tied to their head coach. That's not how it works for most teams though. Alabama doesn't get good QB play because Nick Saban is a quarterback savant. He's a DB coach. They get good QB play because he hires good OCs and QB coaches. Tyler Van Dyke didn't play awesome last year because of Manny Diaz.

Mario prepared Herbert for the NFL much better than FSPOO prepared Crab Legs and Manuel for the NFL

Bernie Sanders Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
what qb has norvell ever groomed?
travis?

Do they really think that during the meeting with the NCAA that Ruiz didn't outline how his NIL deals work and then ask so is that within the rules? I mean that is what I would do if I was in his shoes and had them there talking to me. Verify that what I was doing was the within the rules so that I do not get Miami or any of the kids in trouble.

what qb has norvell ever groomed?
travis?

His QBs were pretty good for him in his 4 years at Memphis. He had Riley Ferguson first and then Brady White.

Certainly nothing anywhere close to where you could use those facts to discount anything that Herbert did under Mario. Neither of those kids sniffed the NFL. But they were good college players.

Bottom line, if the best QB your coach ever groomed was Riley Ferguson and Brady White, you can't say a single syllable about how Mario Cristobal handled Justin Herbert.

Advertisement
Wow AVF03 is some kind of special ***** lol
The level of delusional you have to be to think you are going to get the ncaa to investigate a school because you message them on Twitter lol
semenholes are so strange
What do you mean? I tweeted Francesca Frigo and I believe that we are going to get getting together soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back