Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
AA6A7CC3-14C8-45F2-8023-A06A7A1E2100.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario has completely kicked these guys out of Dade/Broward county. Its actually pathetic. I would love to know if they decreased their resources and budget money for the area. There isnt one elite level local kid who has FSU even in their top 10 except for Hykeem Williams who is just taking a free trip to go and hang out with the FAMU girls. lol.

If we can do the same for UF, then we are well on our way.

Advertisement

I don't get this whole "herbert played like **** under Mario" logic. First off, Mario only had the kid for 2 years. Second, Herbert played for 3-4 OCs and 3 HCs. Third, Herbert's senior year was **** good and even though he was top 20 in the ncaa in total pass yards, he was only ~200-300 away from being top 10. You can also argue that the 2nd two years prepared him for the pros so that the transition was smooth. It's really quite a silly arguement.

I don't get this whole "herbert played like **** under Mario" logic. First off, Mario only had the kid for 2 years. Second, Herbert played for 3-4 OCs and 3 HCs. Third, Herbert's senior year was **** good and even though he was top 20 in the ncaa in total pass yards, he was only ~200-300 away from being top 10. You can also argue that the 2nd two years prepared him for the pros so that the transition was smooth. It's really quite a silly arguement.

We had morons on this site argue the same thing against Mario. They know who they are.

Advertisement
Because people will grasps at anything straws they can do demean someone and tell their own narrative to make themselves feel better. By all these guys' standards, a college career is "wasted" if you don't go undefeated, win the CFP, and get drafted #1 overall. Mario led that team to a Rose Bowl title and helped him get drafted #6 overall, and he really should have gone #3 if it weren't for poor Dolphins scouting.

It's no different than them pointing at his FIU record and looping it into his coaching ability. "hE's OnLy 62-60!" Ummm, have you seen how EVERY other coach has performed at FIU? Not great. That place is a dumpster fire. Guy performed a miracle there, by all accounts. And forget the fact Saban wanted him and mentored him. What is his record since taking over at Oregon, a P5 school? 35-13 (.729). Does he have to answer for the bad Utah losses. Sure. Every single coach has bad losses on their resume, Saban included. It happens. I think he has a much better staff here than at Oregon, so hopefully that translates as well.

People see what's coming and are in the denial stage. They are hoping beyond hope that he fails because, if he succeeds, they are all in a world of hurt.

I wonder if he has to answer about that 37-15 W he had over them.
Of course people will ignore past results. The Utah losses are very recent and with a lot on the line. Let's not be homers and pretend they weren't bad losses. They were. Now, was he distracted? The first loss came on the heals of Blake being fired and rumors starting. The second was with a ton of buzz we were ready to make a giant offer (and Feldman's reporting showed a timeline that we were in contact). His mother was, as we sadly found out later, dying in a hospital. He was distracted. His guys were distracted. You could see the lack of drive and energy. His QB was awful and Utah game planned perfectly. He's also won big games at Ohio State and in the Rose Bowl. All are true facts. I believe he will continue to grow as a coach, particularly with the resources we have dedicated to the program.

Of course people will ignore past results. The Utah losses are very recent and with a lot on the line. Let's not be homers and pretend they weren't bad losses. They were. Now, was he distracted? The first loss came on the heals of Blake being fired and rumors starting. The second was with a ton of buzz we were ready to make a giant offer (and Feldman's reporting showed a timeline that we were in contact). His mother was, as we sadly found out later, dying in a hospital. He was distracted. His guys were distracted. You could see the lack of drive and energy. His QB was awful and Utah game planned perfectly. He's also won big games at Ohio State and in the Rose Bowl. All are true facts. I believe he will continue to grow as a coach, particularly with the resources we have dedicated to the program.
All I wanted to say is, people always look at the losses and take the wins for granted

Advertisement
Back