Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

---Indiana University of Pennsylvania
---Ball State
---Slippery Rock
---Beaver College
and
---University of Phoenix
Don't go besmirching the great name of Beaver College. They've got some great tail there!
naked gun pun GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Been so drunk on gator tears I almost forgot about our other little brother. About time to body Memphis Mike into a locker too.
Don’t count on many battles with them… they’ve been recruiting on a Memphis, UCF, and GT level…. Them boys are getting tired of getting whipped on the trail by legit head hunter recruiters… their looking for easy layups these days

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because people will grasps at anything straws they can do demean someone and tell their own narrative to make themselves feel better. By all these guys' standards, a college career is "wasted" if you don't go undefeated, win the CFP, and get drafted #1 overall. Mario led that team to a Rose Bowl title and helped him get drafted #6 overall, and he really should have gone #3 if it weren't for poor Dolphins scouting.

It's no different than them pointing at his FIU record and looping it into his coaching ability. "hE's OnLy 62-60!" Ummm, have you seen how EVERY other coach has performed at FIU? Not great. That place is a dumpster fire. Guy performed a miracle there, by all accounts. And forget the fact Saban wanted him and mentored him. What is his record since taking over at Oregon, a P5 school? 35-13 (.729). Does he have to answer for the bad Utah losses. Sure. Every single coach has bad losses on their resume, Saban included. It happens. I think he has a much better staff here than at Oregon, so hopefully that translates as well.

People see what's coming and are in the denial stage. They are hoping beyond hope that he fails because, if he succeeds, they are all in a world of hurt.

AND he took over a middling Oregon program. It's not like they were rolling before he took over. Losing record and then 7-5 in Taggart's only season.

Advertisement
Of course people will ignore past results. The Utah losses are very recent and with a lot on the line. Let's not be homers and pretend they weren't bad losses. They were. Now, was he distracted? The first loss came on the heals of Blake being fired and rumors starting. The second was with a ton of buzz we were ready to make a giant offer (and Feldman's reporting showed a timeline that we were in contact). His mother was, as we sadly found out later, dying in a hospital. He was distracted. His guys were distracted. You could see the lack of drive and energy. His QB was awful and Utah game planned perfectly. He's also won big games at Ohio State and in the Rose Bowl. All are true facts. I believe he will continue to grow as a coach, particularly with the resources we have dedicated to the program.

People don't realize that Utah was REALLY, REALLY good last year. They just get caught up on the name. Once they made the QB change they went 9-1 (.900) the rest of the season and then barely lost a 48-45 heartbreaker against final #6 OSU in the Rose Bowl game. And all their wins were SOUND wins... they beat the pants off a lot of teams, no close games. Rising is a STUD QB (he's back btw) and they had a first round LB destroying guys last season. They matched up really well against Oregon and did a good job of forcing Oregon's crappy QB to beat them. Utah was easily a top 10 team in the country last year IMO.

I have Utah going on the road and beating UF at night in the Swamp this coming September.

People don't realize that Utah was REALLY, REALLY good last year. They just get caught up on the name. Once they made the QB change they went 9-1 (.900) the rest of the season and then barely lost a 48-45 heartbreaker against final #6 OSU in the Rose Bowl game. And all their wins were SOUND wins... they beat the pants off a lot of teams, no close games. Rising is a STUD QB (he's back btw) and they had a first round LB destroying guys last season. They matched up really well against Oregon and did a good job of forcing Oregon's crappy QB to beat them. Utah was easily a top 10 team in the country last year IMO.

I have Utah going on the road and beating UF at night in the Swamp this coming September.
Barring serious injuries coming out of camp, I will also be taking Utah in the opener

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back