Nobody seems to want to mention [Mario's 2 losses to Utah... again]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
In all honesty...why does this need to be discussed?

He lost two games to the same team, and no it wasn't pretty. It could be said that he was already on his way out, when it comes to the 2nd loss, sure. You are the one who is calling BS, so you should probably explain your theory.

Whatever you want, but please keep your *** away from here with the 'I told you so BS', if Mario loses a game this season.

Since Saban seems to be the measuring stick, take a look at Saban's career, and how he got to where he is now. His career at Mich St., was lackluster to say the least. His best season was his last, one in which he hauled *** before the bowl game to become the LSU HC. The career at LSU was pretty decent, almost comparable to what Mario done at Oregon. The '04 season, would be considered a disappointment by many, considering the Natty in '03, and the losses to Richt at UGA, Auburn and an 'OK' Iowa team.

Mario is where he wants to be, has put together one the best coaching staff's Miami has seen, or the ACC, for that matter. We have a couple of absolute stud QB's, which we haven't seen in a while.

Believe it or not, our biggest hurdle may not even be Nick Saban...it is us. As fans we have one of the most toxic fan bases in all of college football. That has been proven in so many different ways. All fan bases have toxic fans, but we are hands down one of the worst.

Mario is a tremendous option for us, to re-create what we once had. Not to mention we now have an AD that really gives a ****!

Jump on the train...or lay down on the tracks, man. Either way, GTFOH with this

Thank You.

Advertisement
Mario probably got outcoached in those games.

Mario is still an up and comer if we're talking championship coaches. He really hasn't come very close to winning it all yet. We have to hope he still has upside.

I don't buy the whole its too hard to win in Eugene theory. If Urban could get Utah to 12-0 and ranked #5 in his second year at Utah then it can absolutely be done in Oregon if you're good enough.

There are weaknesses in Marios game. But he's young enough and driven enough that we can hope in a couple of years he's leveled up and is ready to compete with the best coaches.
Agree with you except Mario is 51, he’s not young anymore.

Jimbo started losing at FSU before TAMU. Urban was losing and faked a health issue before OSU. **** even what's his name lost games at Okhoma before USC. So there you go.
💯 every bigtime college coach got blown out in big games before ... also, the 2nd loss was for a championship he already won 2x ....I'll take that resume all day at Miami recruiting would be off the charts...

Lol so you guys think I want Mario to lose, I was asking what you guys think about those loses.
How many times does those losses need to be discussed??....What about JJs Horrendous losses here??...What about Ericksons ridiculous losses while here??..Far as I can tell Mario hasn't lost a **** thing at UM...What ANY Coach has done prior to his time at any school is meaningless....Stop regurgitating the past...especially at another school....

Advertisement
Utah has had maybe 2 losing seasons in the last 25 years. Theyre pretty much a perennial 10 win team. They're never a pushover. Although ANY loss sucks. Losing to Utah isn't losing to Duke.

Both games Oregon QB struggled to create anything on offense. Oregon defense was forcing turnovers to no reward.

Utah was a **** good team and would have beat every single team in the Acc and eon this conference too.

Why not just ignore a thread instead of trying to silence someone else? If the title doesn't agree with your sentiment, just don't click on it.
200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
All right, which one of you guys is paying for the Banner?
I heard film started 5 minutes late today. Clearly, signs of the end of the Cristobal Era. I've already put a down payment for the banner to fly Tuesday over Greentree.

We have standards: win spring ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back