No Raymond

Everyone getting hung up on one name for each position and then freaking out when that person doesn't come.

There are plenty of people that can teach defensive backs to tackle and turn their head around when the ball is in the air.

Anyone calling this an underwhelming staff on January 2nd is a ****ing moron.

You at least get it. Nobody even knows what names Richt is interested in and there's hundreds of possible candidates out there between the NFL and college ranks. The level of stupidity has never been on display more so than during this coaching search.

I could not agree more.
The amount of stupidity and shrill hysteria over every rumor and coach signing
is off the charts.
Incredible.

Advertisement
DB coach will more than likely be Willie Martinez. Doesn't matter that Richt fired him before. He's running out of options. $EC has more money. Keeps outbidding us.

You say he is running out of the options.
You must be privy to Richt's list of candidates.
Would you mind sharing with the group?
I would love to know the names.
Thanks for sharing your insider knowledge in advance.

So much talk about unprecedented financial support for filling out the staff, but aside from Kuligowski the results have been pretty familiar.

Another fallback option's coming.

We are competing with the SEC for their coaches. They are going excessively over the top to outbid us. Our fallbacks are legitimate, top half of the SEC coaches.

I've got my doubts about Manny Diaz, but we aren't falling back on him in any other era of Miami football. He's a pretty well regarded guy and comes with a price tag. We've been in the mix for Dave Aranda, a top guy. We were in the mix for on of the best DB coaches in college football.

We've got financial support and we're making big boy college football hires. Its not like we're missing out on Dave Aranda and hiring Nick Toth. Getting passed on by Corey Raymond and hiring Charles McMillian. If we swing and miss on a big hire, we're hiring a guy that is employed by a P5 team.

I'm lost here. We supposedly lost out on Raymond because LSU decided to pay Aranda? Did Aranda demand across the board raises for the current staff? Like why would that only happen now based on Aranda's deal? Or maybe we were never really in the running for Raymond and this chatter (if there even was any) was just designed to get him a raise or an addl title at LSU?

Advertisement
I have no problems getting out bid by LSU. There's a point where a coach becomes cost prohibitive and paying a DC $1.3 million with a raise every year there after is over paying.

Dont know what Raymond will get paid, but breaking the bank to hire him would be stupid. There are other options.

So much talk about unprecedented financial support for filling out the staff, but aside from Kuligowski the results have been pretty familiar.

Another fallback option's coming.

Is this Jenniferus new screen name?

If we don't get him
My top 4 db coaches would be
1. Torian Gray from va tech
2. Jon cooper from usf
3. Lorenzo Ward
4. Victor Martinez from Tennessee

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have no problems getting out bid by LSU. There's a point where a coach becomes cost prohibitive and paying a DC $1.3 million with a raise every year there after is over paying.

Dont know what Raymond will get paid, but breaking the bank to hire him would be stupid. There are other options.

Not according to FullyEricht.

With Bud Foster staying at VT I doubt we poach Torrian Gray. That would be my number one choice that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back