no more derrick griffin

Advertisement
How out of all the ALL Americans from last year we had to get the only one that dont qualify, C'mon Man!!!

Its exactly WHY we got him. AG took a chance that maybe the kid could qualify. Most other schools knew/figured he would not make it in, we took a chance hoping maybe he would get his act together and make it in after a year of Prep. But it didnt work out. It was a gamble. We really didnt lose anything by taking it. The risk was he would never come, and we didnt have him to begin with, the pay off would have been huge had he qualified.

@flasportsbuzz: Two-sport, four-star WR/power forward Derrick Griffin, a UM commit who didn't qualify academically, tweeted he's headed to junior college.

How out of all the ALL Americans from last year we had to get the only one that dont qualify, C'mon Man!!!

Schools didn't even send this kid an NLI to sign last year, besides Diabeetus gut golden and sons.

Advertisement
its this staff's fault. end of story.

all kidding side, i hope this kid dont give up.

Hope the kid makes the right choice...skipping out on school won't just kill his football career, it would kill any professional career as well. 2 more years of JUCO and off to hopefully the NFL...or just quit and then you're bagging groceries, cashiering or answering telephones the rest of your life.

Nothing wrong with those jobs...just saying, could have had a whole **** of a lot more.

Advertisement

Schools didn't even send this kid an NLI to sign last year, besides Diabeetus gut golden and sons.

Only reason Golden took him and Lockley last year was to deflect some of the heat he was taking from fans and local media after all the misses last NSD.Losing the BTW kids,the scandal with Ice and Kirkland and only signing I believe 3 dade or south florida kids in the class.

I would sign on to play basketball for a european club, go make some money, get life experience and come back to the NBA. He's as good a BBall prospect as football right?

Advertisement
He needs a mentor to keep him focused and prevent him from wondering into "Tavadis Glenn/CJ Odom" Land. I get it...he doesnt like school. In fact, this kid sounds like he hates school. But someone needs to get it through his head that hittin' the books is his only ticket to college. I would love for the staff to stay on this kid. He is that talented to where he should be assigned a personal liasion to keep an eye on him.

Advertisement
@flasportsbuzz: Two-sport, four-star WR/power forward Derrick Griffin, a UM commit who didn't qualify academically, tweeted he's headed to junior college.

Good to hear. Regardless where he ends up, he has too much talent to waste. JUCO, D1, then NFL. Lots of players have done it, hope he does too.

Only reason Golden took him and Lockley last year was to deflect some of the heat he was taking from fans and local media after all the misses last NSD.Losing the BTW kids,the scandal with Ice and Kirkland and only signing I believe 3 dade or south florida kids in the class.

Sure sounds like a viable theory at this point because we crowned Diabeetus Gut for getting this dude late last year. Took some heat off him for his signing day disaster.

Props to Pete he was all over this but there was always a little piece of me hoping for a miracle to get him into this class. Good luck to him, hope he doesn't give up on his NFL dreams.

Pete was simply being smart and prudent. The writing was on the wall with this kid. We all hoped for the miracle, but as the days grew into weeks, and there was nothing really positive to report, it became obvious it was just a pipe dream.

Pete is finally starting to learn. Expect the worst, hope for the best. That is how you approach recruiting. UNLESS of course you are trying to stir sh*t up and sell subscriptions, then you can get people all riled up over sh*t, but you can only get away with that so long until your credibility is dogsh*t.

Gee...I wonder who you are referring to in that last part? :ohlord:

UM

Advertisement
Back