No excuse for the defense to not be prepared

So after 9 games and 4 months worth of practice are we still saying it was the lack of a full spring and fall camp. Ijs, UNC was game 10, OKst was the bowl. We came out the gate in both games like it was week 1 or 2. It looked as if we just started a football program at UM.

Im going down with the ship but im not about to make excuses as to why we come out looking lethargic and undisciplined. Unc and Okst had to deal with the same issues as us and cfb as a whole. They came into the game with us prepared with a plan, hyped up and smack us around like we were some lil **tches. Offseason hype only carries you to game 1, then its about str8 up coaching and development. When i see players getting better and showing their hard work paying off in games then we will take the next step.

We had no spring or fall practice. Between game practice was choppy at best with contact, players and coaches severely limited. We barely had enough guys to play a couple of our games late.

UNC was a disaster but not a reflection of who we really are imo, just as the 48-0 thrashing of Duke the week before wasn't either.

it was a weird year for everyone, physically and mentally with coaches gone for a month and player availability unknown from week to week.

So yes a full spring and fall will help, especially at positions like LB, where imo some of the young guys got thrown out. there before they were readt.

Advertisement
Shoop was a massive hire. One of the more underrated hires I can remember in a long time. He excels in run defense. If things go well this year I can see Shoop taking the DC job next year.
I'm with you on this and feel like it's an audition of sorts for him where if he passes Diaz will give him the spot and go into a CEO type role.

Advertisement
Back