No excuse for the defense to not be prepared

Advertisement
The hard-on you weirdos have for this dude is so strange to me.

He coaches ONE kid on defense. And that one kid was probably the most improved player on the entire team, except for maybe Zion Nelson. He was certainly the most improved player on the entire defense. And he gets more attention on this board than anyone. Such weirdos around here.
I would hope he proves everyone wrong and becomes a great recruiter and coach, but you seem to have misunderstood my post.

I would hope he proves everyone wrong and becomes a great recruiter and coach, but you seem to have misunderstood my post.

If I did, my apologies. Thought you were bagging on Patke, like everyone else around here even though the guy has proven maybe he isn't the worst coach in the history of the sport. Gil was pretty **** good this year.

I’m excited for Jess Simpson being back. The Dline will play much more technical and sound. I keep having visions of the most undisciplined Dline play I have ever seen against UNC and no adjustments made at all. It was pathetic. I also hope he becomes the DC.

Advertisement
Eh. I'm not gonna say he's terrible. But whatever the abomination we watched last year fielding punts has to change, immediately. Ultimately it all lies at the feet of the coach, but you can't say he deserves no credit for a kicker winning the Groza, a punter as a finalist for the Ray Guy and then he deserves all the blame for kids not being able to field punts. At some point, kids have to play football and have some accountability. Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins dropped a higher percentage of passes than any kids in the conference last year. I don't think that means Rob Likens is a poor coach. He got 2 kids into the first round the past 2 years.

So again, I understand that at the end of the day, the coach is who is responsible for the performance of his players. But his players have to have some accountability as well.

Either way, I don't see the sense in lining up a mob to go after the guy who coaches Strikers, when our starting Striker was the most improved kid on the defense and arguably the entire roster.
Bc he can’t recruit and our ST is garbage. He doesn’t get credit for Jose and Lou, he’s not a kicking coach. T Rob and T Will could coach up strikers just fine.

I do think that had an effect on both sides for different reasons. The offense because of a new system and the defense because of all the new starters
Every team dealt with it, not every team gave up 800 yards in their 10 game. Stop making excuses

Unless there training now everyday physically and mentally playbook and film studying as if the season never ended expect a mirror image of last year.

You win your games before you play them in training constantly the season never ends for champions till this changes all stays the same .

Proof coming in opener

Advertisement
All of these defensive coaches mentioned and you left out our very own Patsy, I mean Patke.
He coaches a couple players in frierson and smith.
Every team dealt with it, not every team gave up 800 yards in their 10 game. Stop making excuses
Yeah and every team gave up tons of yards that they normally didn't. Alabama gave up 647 yards and 48 to ole miss and teams gave up record yards and pts all season. So it's not excuses. Defenses were at a bigger disadvantage this year than any other year.

But you're gonna say no team gave up the yards we did and I already said we had bad coaching but it was also the players for a weak effort.

Just better hope Jwill gets something out of those LBs. I think he can. Same with DT. Think Simpson can help Nesta and HH.
There’s no doubt Simpson will we’ve seen his work here before I’m glad he’s back ...the other guys I’ll just have faith in what CIS posters say about them

With this defensive staff there's no excuse for Manny to say that the opposing team came out and did things we didn't expect. We have an nfl experienced dline coach who's been a head coach in hs. We have a lb coach who's had very good lbs at Auburn and was listed as co dc even if he didn't call plays. We have a secondary coach who's produced nfl talent and has been a dc. Then you add bob shoop as an analyst who's been one of the best defensive coordinators over the last decade.

If we're not prepared well know who to look at and it won't be patke lol. It'll be Manny. There shouldn't be a unc game or n.c. st game. I'm not expecting a dominate defense but one that's prepared,well coached that has more discipline. Conservatively we should be at 21 ppg or under 5.0 ypp or under 33% or under on 3rd down and get back to seeing that turnover chain!
Defensively, we should be dominant, we got to many talented guys on that side of the ball not to be one of the best defenses in the country. The question simply will be are we going away from that striker role and back more to that 4-3 scheme or are we staying with that 4-2-5 as primary. If we stick with that 4-2-5, we need to stay away from to much blitzing and just let the front four do what they do. That is what will help to make this defense more fundamentally sound.

Advertisement
Defensively, we should be dominant, we got to many talented guys on that side of the ball not to be one of the best defenses in the country. The question simply will be are we going away from that striker role and back more to that 4-3 scheme or are we staying with that 4-2-5 as primary. If we stick with that 4-2-5, we need to stay away from to much blitzing and just let the front four do what they do. That is what will help to make this defense more fundamentally sound.
No defense is dominant anymore. We have good talent but it's not like we have alabama or clemson type talent and they couldn't dominate. Bama started to at the end of the year other than the sec championship.

I just want a defense that's more disciplined,that is prepared,that the front and linebackers play their gaps and tighter coverage in man and zone. I don't want to wait until halftime to adjust to the offense. With a full spring and fall camp along with the improved coaches and returning talent we should shave off about 7 pts and 60-70 yards off are defensive stats at minimum

Agree on the "No Excuses", but I don't see how this is going to work as Manny, TRob, TWill and Shoop either ran or coached under different defensive schemes. How is this going to look like on GameDay? Hopefully one of our beat reporters ask questions along those lines, but I won't hold my breath.

Advertisement
When Miami beatz Alabama you bytches gonna be talking out the other side of your mouths.
Sorry to put a LOL but we’re 3 years behind BAMA in mindset alone not to mention training, I wonder how many of our players are in film room ,weight room and practice field on there own?

I love the SPIRIT , you bring it and hit hard brother .

Any time I leave a not so good imoji I always say why .

Sorry to put a LOL but we’re 3 years behind BAMA in mindset alone not to mention training, I wonder how many of our players are in film room ,weight room and practice field on there own?

I love the SPIRIT , you bring it and hit hard brother .

Any time I leave a not so good imoji I always say why

I checked. 80 were sleeping, 3 were working out and 2 I couldn’t find.

No defense is dominant anymore. We have good talent but it's not like we have alabama or clemson type talent and they couldn't dominate. Bama started to at the end of the year other than the sec championship.

I just want a defense that's more disciplined,that is prepared,that the front and linebackers play their gaps and tighter coverage in man and zone. I don't want to wait until halftime to adjust to the offense. With a full spring and fall camp along with the improved coaches and returning talent we should shave off about 7 pts and 60-70 yards off are defensive stats at minimum
LOL, I could careless about what other schools are doing, and let's stop it with the "we don't have such & such schools talent" says who, defensively we got enuff talent to slow anybody down. One things for certain, with coach t-rob being here, from a mental standpoint just like coach rumph, we not gone have our db's backing down from no team like coach diaz did in several marquee games when he was the d-co, aggressive all year than all of a sudden zoned it up in the ACC championship game, GTFOH.

If you gone get beat, at least get beat while playing the same style that got you there.
You rarely seen any dominant defenses unless it was Us, FSU sometimes even in gaytorville, throw in Lsu and Bama from time to time, but we have the players to basically always been dominant on defense, just gotta get the right coaches!

Advertisement
Back