No excuse for the defense to not be prepared

With this defensive staff there's no excuse for Manny to say that the opposing team came out and did things we didn't expect. We have an nfl experienced dline coach who's been a head coach in hs. We have a lb coach who's had very good lbs at Auburn and was listed as co dc even if he didn't call plays. We have a secondary coach who's produced nfl talent and has been a dc. Then you add bob shoop as an analyst who's been one of the best defensive coordinators over the last decade.

If we're not prepared well know who to look at and it won't be patke lol. It'll be Manny. There shouldn't be a unc game or n.c. st game. I'm not expecting a dominate defense but one that's prepared,well coached that has more discipline. Conservatively we should be at 21 ppg or under 5.0 ypp or under 33% or under on 3rd down and get back to seeing that turnover chain!
Just think if we had an experienced head coach AND a defensive coordinator? That would be fire!

Advertisement
LOL, I could careless about what other schools are doing, and let's stop it with the "we don't have such & such schools talent" says who, defensively we got enuff talent to slow anybody down. One things for certain, with coach t-rob being here, from a mental standpoint just like coach rumph, we not gone have our db's backing down from no team like coach diaz did in several marquee games when he was the d-co, aggressive all year than all of a sudden zoned it up in the ACC championship game, GTFOH.

If you gone get beat, at least get beat while playing the same style that got you there.
You rarely seen any dominant defenses unless it was Us, FSU sometimes even in gaytorville, throw in Lsu and Bama from time to time, but we have the players to basically always been dominant on defense, just gotta get the right coaches!
Sorry but this isn't 2001 or 2011 it's 2021 and the rules have changed. Dominant defenses are super rare and until they change the rules it'll stay that way. It doesn't matter if you care what other teams are doing. There's at least 10-15 teams with just as good if not more talent on defense as we do. We're not some special teams with nfl players on defense. We've got good talent with some holes at lb,cb and de. We have enough to be a pretty good defense and we do have a **** good defensive coaching staff to squeeze everything we can get out of our players. The 4-3 is dead and buried 6 ft down. You won't see us running it and it doesn't make sense to when everyone is in 3-5 wr sets. There is hardly anyone running it and if they do it's either they have a small lb on the strongide who's basically a striker or they list it on the depth chart but come out in a 4-2-5 unless someone plays 21 personnel on offense.

Manny's defense is a 4-2-5,bob shoop a defense 4-2-5 travis williams/auburn 4-2-5. We're gonna be running a 4-2-5 with I hope is some more variations. We need less linebackers on the field and more cbs and safeties in certain situations. Our defense hasn't played bump n run in many years. We haven't done it consistently since randy was coach. We played about 60% man but not bump n run so we'll see how it goes. I think we can with our big strong cbs but if they don't get hands on the wr we'll be in trouble. The speed is average at cb. 20ppg,5.0 ypp or less and 33% 3rd downs should be the highest over the season. We do that and we'll be a very good team.

I get being optimistic but we need to be real cause after week one it may be bad around here. Not trying to excuse the staff but no matter who they brought in bama was winning that game. Bama knows they need to blow us out (which I think they do) if by some miracle we fight that's bad for them.

Advertisement
Sorry but this isn't 2001 or 2011 it's 2021 and the rules have changed. Dominant defenses are super rare and until they change the rules it'll stay that way. It doesn't matter if you care what other teams are doing. There's at least 10-15 teams with just as good if not more talent on defense as we do. We're not some special teams with nfl players on defense. We've got good talent with some holes at lb,cb and de. We have enough to be a pretty good defense and we do have a **** good defensive coaching staff to squeeze everything we can get out of our players. The 4-3 is dead and buried 6 ft down. You won't see us running it and it doesn't make sense to when everyone is in 3-5 wr sets. There is hardly anyone running it and if they do it's either they have a small lb on the strongide who's basically a striker or they list it on the depth chart but come out in a 4-2-5 unless someone plays 21 personnel on offense.

Manny's defense is a 4-2-5,bob shoop a defense 4-2-5 travis williams/auburn 4-2-5. We're gonna be running a 4-2-5 with I hope is some more variations. We need less linebackers on the field and more cbs and safeties in certain situations. Our defense hasn't played bump n run in many years. We haven't done it consistently since randy was coach. We played about 60% man but not bump n run so we'll see how it goes. I think we can with our big strong cbs but if they don't get hands on the wr we'll be in trouble. The speed is average at cb. 20ppg,5.0 ypp or less and 33% 3rd downs should be the highest over the season. We do that and we'll be a very good team.
When did you start watching Cane football, when blake baker got here, 2018 & 2017 defenses weren't to bad. What you are failing to realize is, at UM we always used the most athletic linebacker to take care of those 3 and 4 widereceiver sets, nothing new. All people are basically doing is running an upgraded copy of the offense coach richt consistently called when he was the OC at FSU.

What you fail to realize is, it's still 11 on 11, I don't care what offense is being run, press-man will continue to be the way to dominate these offenses, when you say "we're not some special team" obviously you know nothing about Miami style football/players, besides our athletic ability our football I.Q. has always been slept on! As long as you put our guys in the right system with a d-co that has a clue, our guys have always thrived above the rest!

With this defensive staff there's no excuse for Manny to say that the opposing team came out and did things we didn't expect. We have an nfl experienced dline coach who's been a head coach in hs. We have a lb coach who's had very good lbs at Auburn and was listed as co dc even if he didn't call plays. We have a secondary coach who's produced nfl talent and has been a dc. Then you add bob shoop as an analyst who's been one of the best defensive coordinators over the last decade.

If we're not prepared well know who to look at and it won't be patke lol. It'll be Manny. There shouldn't be a unc game or n.c. st game. I'm not expecting a dominate defense but one that's prepared,well coached that has more discipline. Conservatively we should be at 21 ppg or under 5.0 ypp or under 33% or under on 3rd down and get back to seeing that turnover chain!
I think Shoop- Shoopy- Doop will be key here. All he will do is be watching film breaking down opponent's tendencies and self-scouting our own.

When did you start watching Cane football, when blake baker got here, 2018 & 2017 defenses weren't to bad. What you are failing to realize is, at UM we always used the most athletic linebacker to take care of those 3 and 4 widereceiver sets, nothing new. All people are basically doing is running an upgraded copy of the offense coach richt consistently called when he was the OC at FSU.

What you fail to realize is, it's still 11 on 11, I don't care what offense is being run, press-man will continue to be the way to dominate these offenses, when you say "we're not some special team" obviously you know nothing about Miami style football/players, besides our athletic ability our football I.Q. has always been slept on! As long as you put our guys in the right system with a d-co that has a clue, our guys have always thrived above the rest!
Been watching Miami since 1986 and I know that footballs changed a lot since then and so have the rules. All the rules favor offense. You're stuck in the past if you think we're gonna run a 4-3 and cover wrs with linebackers. Somebody's going to get open or the qb will run all over. We don't have the speed like we used to at lb or db right now and we have no 1 st Rd picks at dline for 22 draft. If you think we do your badly mistaken. That doesn't mean we can't have a 2016-18 defense. And with an improved offense we should lose 2 games max. Maybe in a couple years if we can keep and devolop the top talent we can be in the mix.

Advertisement
Been watching Miami since 1986 and I know that footballs changed a lot since then and so have the rules. All the rules favor offense. You're stuck in the past if you think we're gonna run a 4-3 and cover wrs with linebackers. Somebody's going to get open or the qb will run all over. We don't have the speed like we used to at lb or db right now and we have no 1 st Rd picks at dline for 22 draft. If you think we do your badly mistaken. That doesn't mean we can't have a 2016-18 defense. And with an improved offense we should lose 2 games max. Maybe in a couple years if we can keep and devolop the top talent we can be in the mix.
LoL, it doesn't matter that the rules favor the offense, our defensive players have consistently been deployed out of position, the reason we have been playing a 4-2-5 scheme is because we have become a copy cat team, which is not UM football, if you've been watching since 86, you'd know that. Coach diaz is not the innovative type of D-co, and our safeties are played to far back, the one thing I do know and always said, coach diaz definitely has the smarts to be a good headcoach, the main question I had about him is can he lead men.

Gotta respect the way coach diaz reshuffled the deck, respected the defensive coaches by sliding some in other roles while bringing in others to replace them. With the defensive minds/coaches he has assembled, our defensive football I.Q. as a unit should increase overall. This is what has been missing, and no matter wether we are playing with 2 or 3 linebackers, if those guys aren't identifying formations pre-snap, than it won't make a difference!

Advertisement
Man I think TRob and Jess workin dem boys hard dis spring, **** Bama might not score a point.

Says someone talking out their a$$. This is definitely the board to come to when you can't help yourself going from zero to full ******, every time.

When you post this it doesn’t sound like you think it does.

Advertisement
Thanks Bro. Guess we the only ones who believe Miami can beat Alabama.
313E899B-EEAE-4009-B13B-8A41E705D143.gif

LoL, it doesn't matter that the rules favor the offense, our defensive players have consistently been deployed out of position, the reason we have been playing a 4-2-5 scheme is because we have become a copy cat team, which is not UM football, if you've been watching since 86, you'd know that. Coach diaz is not the innovative type of D-co, and our safeties are played to far back, the one thing I do know and always said, coach diaz definitely has the smarts to be a good headcoach, the main question I had about him is can he lead men.

Gotta respect the way coach diaz reshuffled the deck, respected the defensive coaches by sliding some in other roles while bringing in others to replace them. With the defensive minds/coaches he has assembled, our defensive football I.Q. as a unit should increase overall. This is what has been missing, and no matter wether we are playing with 2 or 3 linebackers, if those guys aren't identifying formations pre-snap, than it won't make a difference!
Many of our best defenses weren't innovative in our scheme. Our inovation came from getting speed on the field and playing a simple scheme with less thinking. In the 80s it was alot of quarters coverage and in the early 2000s it was cover 2 man. Those defenses were great because we had better players 99% of the time. We don't have that right now.

I think we'll be doing some different things on d like bump n run,less zone,some different blitz packages. Shops defense is more aggressive than Manny's. If we can find two good linebackers we'll be alot better.

Many of our best defenses weren't innovative in our scheme. Our inovation came from getting speed on the field and playing a simple scheme with less thinking. In the 80s it was alot of quarters coverage and in the early 2000s it was cover 2 man. Those defenses were great because we had better players 99% of the time. We don't have that right now.

I think we'll be doing some different things on d like bump n run,less zone,some different blitz packages. Shops defense is more aggressive than Manny's. If we can find two good linebackers we'll be alot better.
Most definitely accurate info, but our best defenses have primarily always been when we played primarily press-man, when baker got here, I knew last year he did not belong here, he's a zone-blitz guy. That's not our style of play down here, coach diaz knew and knows that which is why I was ****ed off at that cowards scheme he called in the AC. championship game, if you gone give up points, give em up first at least how you played all year and than switch things up if need be, he came out playing zone right away.

With t-rob having more credibility than coach rumph in that coach diaz sought him out, with t-rob having been a d-co at the college level(although he showed nothing of being elite as a d-co) and his players in the NFL track record coach diaz will listen to him. Not that coach rumph wasn't getting the job done from a coaching standpoint, that's another convo. It's going to be interesting to see the changes in philosophy if there is a football season again.

Are we going with 3 True linebackers or the silly 2 linebacker look!

A full spring and fall practice schedule will do wonders.
So after 9 games and 4 months worth of practice are we still saying it was the lack of a full spring and fall camp. Ijs, UNC was game 10, OKst was the bowl. We came out the gate in both games like it was week 1 or 2. It looked as if we just started a football program at UM.

Im going down with the ship but im not about to make excuses as to why we come out looking lethargic and undisciplined. Unc and Okst had to deal with the same issues as us and cfb as a whole. They came into the game with us prepared with a plan, hyped up and smack us around like we were some lil **tches. Offseason hype only carries you to game 1, then its about str8 up coaching and development. When i see players getting better and showing their hard work paying off in games then we will take the next step.

Advertisement
Back