N'kosi Perry

...My best friends brother started at QB for Auburn so I've seen what it takes to be a D1 QB. ...

You don’t even realize it, but you’re a special kind of retarded.

“My best friends brother started at QB for Auburn” makes you an expert? For a school known for abysmal quarterbacking. Oh, lawdy.

It’s like you don’t know what you don’t know, but you’ve deluded yourself into thinking the barest scraps of superficial information makes you an expert on something.

It’s comical.

Advertisement
Experience is obviously overrated!! look at a guys like Trevor Lawrence, Dwyane Haskins and Tua, Not that any of our QB’s are them but if they are coached up right and the right supporting cast they can make it work. They were all first year, little to no experience starters or shined when given the opportunity.

Those guys are prodigies.

I get your point though.

If we had any of their coaches running the 2018 offense, Richt might still be here.

Experience is overrated, but it WILL be a factor because our qb race is so close.

“My best friends brother started at QB for Auburn” makes you an expert? For a school known for abysmal quarterbacking. Oh, lawdy.

It’s like you don’t know what you don’t know, but you’ve deluded yourself into thinking the barest scraps of superficial information makes you an expert on something.

It’s comical.
Also, the only thing you can surmise based off his post is that he's spent an equal amount of time with our 3 QB’s as he did with his best friends brother to know their behavioral patterns. Who knew this guy was so plugged in like that?

I feel like N'kosi will start at QB. I don't think thats the right decision but I feel like its going to happen. I fully expect another QB to play sometime during the remainder of the season.

Advertisement

It’s comical.

I think what he's saying is that being a starting QB at a major D1 program requires tremendous work ethic. To date, N'Kosi Perry has not shown himself to possess that kind of work ethic.

I'll give him that point.

Based on?

Him having a low work ethic. That, and watching him throw picks over and over again last year.

It's like people around here have goldfish memories. Y'all were cursing N'Kosi Perry just a few months ago. Desire breeds hope, and hope breeds delusion, though. That's a fact.

Advertisement
Him having a low work ethic. That, and watching him throw picks over and over again last year.

It's like people around here have goldfish memories. Y'all were cursing N'Kosi Perry just a few months ago. Desire breeds hope, and hope breeds delusion, though. That's a fact.

It's like you don't realize that people, especially young people, change and mature. I know top level executives now who had "low work ethic" when they were freshmen in college. By all accounts, from both coaches and players, Perry has matured and has shown leadership. He also has the physical tools. Will it be enough to make him a good starter? Who knows. That's for Enos and the coaching staff to determine. But they know far better than you, or anyone on this site, whether Perry is the right option and has what it takes. If not, then he won't be starting, and shouldn't be starting. But I have confidence that among the three options, Enos will find the right one, be that Perry, Martell, or Williams.

It's like you don't realize that people, especially young people, change and mature. I know top level executives now who had "low work ethic" when they were freshmen in college. By all accounts, from both coaches and players, Perry has matured and has shown leadership. He also has the physical tools. Will it be enough to make him a good starter? Who knows. That's for Enos and the coaching staff to determine. But they know far better than you, or anyone on this site, whether Perry is the right option and has what it takes. If not, then he won't be starting, and shouldn't be starting. But I have confidence that among the three options, Enos will find the right one, be that Perry, Martell, or Williams.

Perry has all the physical tools, I agree with that. He has none of the mental tools. Last year, he looked like he's never read a defense in his life. Either that's because he never studied football or he's just really mentally slow. But in either case, all of those physical tools are wasted on him.

If he puts in the time and learns to read a defense, I'll be pleasantly surprised. A tiger never changes its stripes. There's a reason that saying exists.

Perry has all the physical tools, I agree with that. He has none of the mental tools. Last year, he looked like he's never read a defense in his life. Either that's because he never studied football or he's just really mentally slow. But in either case, all of those physical tools are wasted on him.

If he puts in the time and learns to read a defense, I'll be pleasantly surprised. A tiger never changes its stripes. There's a reason that saying exists.
Again, young people change and mature. That's a major part of life, a major part of growing up. If everyone had the same maturity level, attention to detail, work ethic, etc. they had when they were 17,18, even 19, the majority of us would be living in homeless shelters.

Also, Perry has something he didn't have as a freshman. A mentor and teacher. A freshman coming in to play QB at a major college is under a lot of pressure. Having a solid guiding hand is important. Perry had Jon Richt...who may as well have been some random guy they hired from the street for all of his qualifications, and who wasn't much older or more mature than the players.. Now he's got a proven QB mentor.

I think what he's saying is that being a starting QB at a major D1 program requires tremendous work ethic. To date, N'Kosi Perry has not shown himself to possess that kind of work ethic.

I'll give him that point.

You don’t know what his work ethic is. I don’t know what his work ethic is. Only the coaches. Don’t pretend to know something that you don’t actually know.

Advertisement
My best friends brother started at QB for Auburn so I've seen what it takes to be a D1 QB.

Spring doesn't necessarily reveal world beaters, or failures. All three showed a lot of good, and some bad that needs to be worked on. That's what the coaches are here for.
I'm not sure you don't have it backwards (in terms of readiness to go up against a UF defense in hostile Orlando). Meaning, more like "all three showed some good and a lot of bad to be worked on" last Spring.

Advertisement
my sense is the QB's on roster had no effective coaching with Jon Jr running QB room. that said Perry has on 2 well publicized
incidents shown massive immaturity and a complete lack of leadership skills. his only edge is playing time....... however spotty it was last ear.
from my perspective we are in trouble if Perry is the starter ........ keep wondering why Williams did not get any time last year ??
play & play calling were so poor last year.
Why would we be in trouble? People look at a 1st year starter and pass judgment as what they saw is the ceiling and ready to dismiss them. A young QB is going to make significant improvement in year two. You can't look at the rare freshman QBs around the country that have had huge success and think that is the norm. It's not. Look at Ian Book from Notre Dame that looked awful against us in 2017 as a backup his Sophomore year. He improved tremendously in his Junior year to win the starting job and lead ND to the CFP.

The thing to remember is that all 3 of our QBs were highly touted coming out of high school. That pedigree doesn't change. They just have to continue to improve to "bring it" at the next level.

CMR could have been a combination of quarterback whisperers; Bruce Arians, Sean Payton, Bill Walsh, and Doug Pedersen, but that would have made zero difference in N'kosi's progressions/performances.

Now, if CMR was Freud and could have somehow gotten inside N'Kosi's thick head that might have made a difference.

I don't believe the N'Kosi transformation rumors, because as far as I know medical science has not quite perfected brain transplants.

I hope I am 100% wrong and HERD members constantly repost my words next season to prove the cluelessness of my comments found above.

OP, wishful thinking for someone who had an inability to learn a very simple playbook over two years and will now have to learn a new, more complicated system beyond "The Clap". Like jumping from Basic Math to Honors Abstract Algebra.

You don’t know what his work ethic is. I don’t know what his work ethic is. Only the coaches. Don’t pretend to know something that you don’t actually know.
But that's where you're wrong. We as fans know all we need to know based off IG pictures, cliche captions about working hard and being doubted, and reports from last year from a coaching staff that threw anyone and everyone under the bus.

I'm personally expecting a phone call any day now from Enos asking for my pick.

Advertisement
Back