N'kosi Perry

Advertisement
So which one is it? One minute its our receivers can't catch now you're highlighting his 13 for 34 against FSU, so can our receivers catch or not? Asking for my imaginary friend who name is Dugans.

I didn’t say anything about the WRs first off. But if you play the drops game then you have to take away the two freakish acrobatic catches by jeff Thomas downfield in that game. The WRs give and they take away

Not so fast I expected almost unanimos agreement. If you think Our coaches want to go with inexperience in a big first game your whistling in the dark. Tate might as well be a running back and Jarren is not proven. How hard is this people sheesh....

Tate once completed 10 passes in a row in a game. N’kosi went a whole game without 10 completions. Hold off on calling him a RB

Consider that the QB coach last year did not have any experience or a clue and regardless of who gets chosen will be infinitely better then the product we saw last year. A walkon would be better based on today's coaches. Nepotism should be avoided at all costs.

Do you really think with a game 6 weeks away anything changes. And I like N'kosi just needs polishing . The players see it they have spoken highly of him this Summer. Do you think there is something to that or are most of you who play devils advocate just overthinking this . Mark this thread I started as being right he will start how he plays well we will have to see. He's a Florida QB playing against a hated Florida rival. I think he responds to some adversity.

Advertisement
Do you really think with a game 6 weeks away anything changes. And I like N'kosi just needs polishing . The players see it they have spoken highly of him this Summer. Do you think there is something to that or are most of you who play devils advocate just overthinking this . Mark this thread I started as being right he will start how he plays well we will have to see. He's a Florida QB playing against a hated Florida rival. I think he responds to some adversity.

Players have spoken well of all the QBs. It means nothing

Dude, you are finding any reason, regardless of said reason having no foundation whatsoever, just to justify Perry being the starting QB. This is d'ick riding 101. You sound like the Martell **** swallowers that derail every thread. Open dialogue of substance, regarding whether or not Perry, Martell or William's is the guy, is the only way to have a decent conversation regarding this matter. D'ick riding is never the answer, my man!

No these are quotes about N'kosi in a Herald article posted yesterday. Take look read about your team your weak with comments that lack specifics.

Lol welcome to your first offseason. Last year all the players were raving about how much N’kosi and Rosier both improved

Advertisement
Experience is obviously overrated!! look at a guys like Trevor Lawrence, Dwyane Haskins and Tua, Not that any of our QB’s are them but if they are coached up right and the right supporting cast they can make it work. They were all first year, little to no experience starters or shined when given the opportunity.

Advertisement
Why? N'kosi's best games were still not complete. He was 13/34 against FSU. What has he done to be handed the job? He should have to earn it because he lost the benefit of the doubt by not being the most prepared and hungry QB last year. Rosier shouldn't have had a chance
I'm not making excuses, but some of the passes were difficult to complete when he was getting hit/sacked so much in that game. He had very few clean pockets.

Experience is obviously overrated!! look at a guys like Trevor Lawrence, Dwyane Haskins and Tua, Not that any of our QB’s are them but if they are coached up right and the right supporting cast they can make it work. They were all first year, little to no experience starters or shined when given the opportunity.
Those guys are not the norm or the standard. They're like 1% of all QBs. Most QBs need time to develop. Guys like Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield didn't start right away. They didn't really see the field until their Junior year. If they started as Freshman, you'd probably say they suck as well. My point is that the guys that get thrown out on the field early have their faults exposed while you never see the other guys until their skillsets are fine tuned.

Case in point in the NFL. Most NFL rookie QBs are terrible. They throw as many interceptions as touchdowns. Even Payton Manning threw more interceptions (28 - NFL record) than touchdowns (26 - NFL record). The guys that sit 2-3 years look much better when they debut. It doesn't mean they're better. We just see a more finished product down the road. If those guys had started as rookies, they'd look bad as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Spring doesn't necessarily reveal world beaters, or failures. All three showed a lot of good, and some bad that needs to be worked on. That's what the coaches are here for.

They are installing a new offense .

They put the guys in a lot of different situations to learn their strengths and see how they respond.

I think Enos took what he learned in spring to compare their best plays while game planning Florida.

The guy with the most poise, the best ability to read, and that protects the ball best will start.

Once that guy is decided on, the plays will be called to his strengths.

I think Kosi and Martell are even with Williams slightly behind due to his inexperience. He seemed the least “cool” when live.

They all need easy reads and short passes to start. Anything can happen this summer.

If I had to bet with a gun to my head, I would say Kosi starts and Martell plays. If the center and oline can handle the difference without turnovers and penalties, this may be the best way to utilize our talents to win games.

Everyone wants a clear starter, but when you have talented guys with completely different skill sets, you can win playing two qbs during the course of a game.

my sense is the QB's on roster had no effective coaching with Jon Jr running QB room. that said Perry has on 2 well publicized
incidents shown massive immaturity and a complete lack of leadership skills. his only edge is playing time....... however spotty it was last ear.
from my perspective we are in trouble if Perry is the starter ........ keep wondering why Williams did not get any time last year ??
play & play calling were so poor last year.

If he clearly proves he's the best one in fall camp then I'm certainly riding with him, but outside of a few throws last year he was pretty bad

Everybody was pretty bad last year.

We got a real offensive coach now.

Camp is all that matters.

After 3 springs and 3 summers, the abominable play we saw last year was the best Richt could do. Worst qbing in the whole p5 outside of Rutgers.

Isolated against itself, you could try to say our QBs were just bad.

But add in the worst punting in p5, a wr room in utter disarray, an oline that can’t knock Savanna State off the ball, coaches publicly referring to players as cancers, and other problems, it becomes apparent that the source of the rot came from the top.

I appreciate the good Richt did, even with his failures. But there is a reason that “clean slate” was the second most spoken phrase of the year after TNM.

I expect good play from Kosi and Tate. Williams will improve. I think we will be one of the hottest offenses in the country by year end, even if there are growing pains.

Advertisement
Back