N'Kosi Perry shout out/ Withdraws from Portal/Back at the U

Advertisement
Doesn't matter...Perry is only returning to graduate in the Spring and then Grad Transfer. He has played his last snap of football at The U and will not be participating in any practices/drills.

All your doing is peddling BS!!!! I didn't speak on off the field issues which all fans are/were aware of. I called BS on your attack on him academically. What purpose do have in trying to denigrate N'kosi?

You need to get life!!! Young people make mistakes. It's a part of the maturation process. ****, people twice his age make mistakes. I'm certainly not going to denigrate the young man who has turned things around. Hasn't been a distraction for his team. Not a negative word on social media and has handled the backup role with class even though I'm sure he wasn't happy with it. is a Cane. He's been a great teammate. WTF is your malfunction

So suggesting that him being immature absolves him from any responsibility for letting down his teammates and program? Yeah people make mistakes, in combat it gets other people killed. In NCAA football it helps run off 10-win coaches and a succession of miserable seasons. He wouldn’t have gotten away with it in a highly competitive program - he did here because of a dire lack of talent in the QB room.

Plain and simple, “Great Teammates” don’t let the rest of the team bust hump all spring and camp getting ready for the opener against LSU and then do something selfish that makes them ineligible to take the field for violating team rules. He let his team down, then backed that up by doing it again in the Bowl Game. You calling him a great teammate shows you don’t have a clue what that entails. Hasn’t been a distraction? Certainly not the only one, but a huge reason why each season we see a team with this much talent collectively sleep walk and underperform. I appreciate you guessing at what goes on, on a football team, but you’re wrong.

I was young once, saw plenty of mistakes in the ten years I payed the game including starting all four in college - saw a lot of true redemption also. But I never saw anyone with more opportunities who ****ed them away.

Tell you what if he comes back and has to start and plays a few games without doing something to derail himself and the team, I’ll eat crow - and if it happens, I’ll do it gladly. But l don’t see it in his wiring - some people are afraid of success, so you man up if he doesn’t.

Tell you what if he comes back and has to start and plays a few games without doing something to derail himself and the team, I’ll eat crow - and if it happens, I’ll do it gladly. But l don’t see it in his wiring - some people are afraid of success, so you man up if he doesn’t.

See post above...

Let's not forget that Perry was not GETTING the best guidance since he walk on campus. Like some say different schemes work for different players. We know that Mr. King won't be ready. Maybe this game for Perry will be too shine. I'm positive for all our QB's.

Advertisement
So suggesting that him being immature absolves him from any responsibility for letting down his teammates and program? Yeah people make mistakes, in combat it gets other people killed. In NCAA football it helps run off 10-win coaches and a succession of miserable seasons. He wouldn’t have gotten away with it in a highly competitive program - he did here because of a dire lack of talent in the QB room.

Plain and simple, “Great Teammates” don’t let the rest of the team bust hump all spring and camp getting ready for the opener against LSU and then do something selfish that makes them ineligible to take the field for violating team rules. He let his team down, then backed that up by doing it again in the Bowl Game. You calling him a great teammate shows you don’t have a clue what that entails. Hasn’t been a distraction? Certainly not the only one, but a huge reason why each season we see a team with this much talent collectively sleep walk and underperform. I appreciate you guessing at what goes on, on a football team, but you’re wrong.

I was young once, saw plenty of mistakes in the ten years I payed the game including starting all four in college - saw a lot of true redemption also. But I never saw anyone with more opportunities who ****ed them away.

Absolve? What? You going to carry this on for years? It was over 2 years ago. You act like you were personally injured. Ridiculous!!! And yes, he matured and turned thing around. It's called redemption.

I played 4 years of D1 college baseball and was a starter all 4 years. WTF is your point? Not relevant. Holding onto sh** years after it took place. Get a life!!!

Congrats! But Ahhhh, Baseball! That explains you’re unfamiliarity with the goings on in a football locker room. They don’t have those 5-gallon buckets of Sunflower seeds in there either.

N'kosi's already redeemed himself. He's on pace to graduate in 4 years and played the back up better than most. N'kosi doesn't owe you, me, or anyone else a **** thing. Wish him well in whatever he does.

Advertisement
No. He removed his name and now put it back in.
Correct, but I believe what the other poster is talking about is Manny basically said he wasn't expected to be with the team in Spring but wanted to get his degree. I am unsure on the nuances of the portal and still attending classes or if being a grad transfer changes anything but even when he withdrew his name I don't think anyone believed he was going to be playing football.

Advertisement
Correct, but I believe what the other poster is talking about is Manny basically said he wasn't expected to be with the team in Spring but wanted to get his degree. I am unsure on the nuances of the portal and still attending classes or if being a grad transfer changes anything but even when he withdrew his name I don't think anyone believed he was going to be playing football.
Right. He is supposed to leave after he gets his degree.

We knew he was going to enter the portal once again, once he got his degree. What difference does any of this make? The only issue I see here is if he gave up on his degree, which I seriously doubt. But all of this was expected.

There were plenty of People here who swore up and down that Perry would be starting for the Bama game after the news of him leaving broke... Some people have a really hard time accepting reality...

Advertisement
He owed The U and their fanbase a better effort then he gave, when he was called upon. But sure:

BS!!! What better effort could you expect the past 2 years? In the VT game2019 and the OK State 2020 bowl game he did enough in both to win the game. Had we won both those games Perry would have been 4-0 in a backup roll. I do not know how you do better than that.

Go find something else to hate on.

Advertisement
Back