N'Kosi Perry Re-commits

LOL. PLzwork4 You did not read my post. My point is - regardless of all the explanations and excuses you guys come up with - Perry's stats are better than Jack's. And, this society has a habit of looking at what you did in the past in order to project how you will do in the future. For example, your high school grades determined if and where you could go to college, and whether you would be an honor student, etc.. Your high school stats as an athlete determine if and at what level you'll be able to play sports. And I've already said, coaches like colleges evaluate more than stats. But again, and hopefully for the final time, Perry's stats are better than Capt. Jack's and it's not even close.

Again, there are a lot of factors that go into projecting QB play and competition and the skill level of teammates does play a part in any analysis. Having said, that coaches are still going to look at a QB who threw 14 INTs differently than one who only threw 2. How many INTs are you realistically blaming the receivers for? What was causing Jack to throw INTs if not his own decision making? The numbers in that regard are not even close. As I said, what will matter most is how they perform once they are both at UM. What they did in high school won't matter because that was just their ticket to this stage, but thinking that QB stats don't matter doesn't make sense. They do matter. They aren't all you look at, but they do matter.

Young QBs can be difficult to project for many reasons. I love Jack's SF attitude. He's definitely got heart, but Perry has the better film and better stats. Here are Allison's high school stats and Perry's. Jack threw 18 tds and 14 INTs, and Perry 32 TDs and 2 INTs as a junior.

Allison
Jack Allison's Football Stats | MaxPreps

Perry
N'Kosi Perry's (Ocala, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Jack also played in butt **** Egypt with the girls ymca as his recievers. This is definitely a case where u can't compare stats especially high school

Nope. No no no.

High school stats absolutely do not matter now that the kid is on the team. The only thing that matters is how they perform on Greentree at this point. I could see Richt "Well Jack sure does look good right now, but **** those 14 picks he threw in high school really worries me. Perry only threw a couple." The best QB wins the job...no one cares about what either QB did in high school, especially with a million variables in play regarding high school stats.

Advertisement
LOL. PLzwork4 You did not read my post. My point is - regardless of all the explanations and excuses you guys come up with - Perry's stats are better than Jack's. And, this society has a habit of looking at what you did in the past in order to project how you will do in the future. For example, your high school grades determined if and where you could go to college, and whether you would be an honor student, etc.. Your high school stats as an athlete determine if and at what level you'll be able to play sports. And I've already said, coaches like colleges evaluate more than stats. But again, and hopefully for the final time, Perry's stats are better than Capt. Jack's and it's not even close.

Again, there are a lot of factors that go into projecting QB play and competition and the skill level of teammates does play a part in any analysis. Having said, that coaches are still going to look at a QB who threw 14 INTs differently than one who only threw 2. How many INTs are you realistically blaming the receivers for? What was causing Jack to throw INTs if not his own decision making? The numbers in that regard are not even close. As I said, what will matter most is how they perform once they are both at UM. What they did in high school won't matter because that was just their ticket to this stage, but thinking that QB stats don't matter doesn't make sense. They do matter. They aren't all you look at, but they do matter.

Young QBs can be difficult to project for many reasons. I love Jack's SF attitude. He's definitely got heart, but Perry has the better film and better stats. Here are Allison's high school stats and Perry's. Jack threw 18 tds and 14 INTs, and Perry 32 TDs and 2 INTs as a junior.

Allison

Perry

Jack also played in butt **** Egypt with the girls ymca as his recievers. This is definitely a case where u can't compare stats especially high school

Nope. No no no.

High school stats absolutely do not matter now that the kid is on the team. The only thing that matters is how they perform on Greentree at this point. I could see Richt "Well Jack sure does look good right now, but **** those 14 picks he threw in high school really worries me. Perry only threw a couple." The best QB wins the job...no one cares about what either QB did in high school, especially with a million variables in play regarding high school stats.

What the ****? You talk about stats determine where you will go to college...Jack is already in college. That's in the past. Obviously the staff saw enough in him (even with the 14 picks) to determine he was worthy of a scholly. From here on out...high school stats mean absolutely nothing. No one gives a **** how well someone has done in high school. If that were the case we would have a statue of Kyle Wright in front of the school instead of him taking the brunt of 99% of our jokes. Get over it...high school stats mean next to nothing over their evaluations. You are reaching in the worst kinda way.

Nope. No no no.

What the ****? You talk about stats determine where you will go to college...Jack is already in college. That's in the past. Obviously the staff saw enough in him (even with the 14 picks) to determine he was worthy of a scholly. From here on out...high school stats mean absolutely nothing. No one gives a **** how well someone has done in high school. If that were the case we would have a statue of Kyle Wright in front of the school instead of him taking the brunt of 99% of our jokes. Get over it...high school stats mean next to nothing over their evaluations. You are reaching in the worst kinda way.

Production ALWAYS matters.

Guys who can...DO

Guys who can't...DON'T

There are always extenuating circumstances for particular cases, but generally, guys who are productive at each level, continue to be productive. Projecting is certainly apart of evaluation, but I'm almost always going to lean towards a kid who has the resume to back up his skills and traits.

Especially at a position like QB. This isn't moving a linebacker to end because his speed may translate off the edge. We're talking about reading defenses, ball placement, accuracy, and arm strength.

Once the guys are on a practice field, the coaches will decide who is prepared to compete at a championship level, but for purposes of prognostication, I'd almost always lean towards N'Kosi because of the combination of skills and production. Those types of players have better odds at being successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will see. You obviously have to take into account the talent around each player with regards to their competition. If you aren't then you are being closed minded and have some sort of bias towards one individual over the other.

And of course you can prognosticate all you want b/c its a message board, but it will all be sorted out on the field at some point...with absolutely zero weight being put on high school statistics.

I was all-state in my respective sport in high school. No one gave a **** about that when I got to college...nor did I. You must prove it on the field. We had a high school soccer All-American that scored somewhere around 30 goals his senior year in PA that came to school the same year I did. Needless to say, he came in with a ton of hype. After our first month of preseason, his nickname was "Twinkle-toes".

I'm not saying Jack will be better than Nkosi. **** I hope Nkosi is the 2nd coming of Jim Kelly. And Jack is the next Vinny. I could care less as long as we win, but its hilarious that some of you guys write a kid off immediately b/c of some high school stats. Clear bias is shining thru.

Last edited:
I guarantee u cactus Jack is the next starter here after Brad unless richt goes out & pulls another Eason it's a given. Jack is the real deal & can already make every throw.

Jack is a nice player but he's not better than Nkosi, I'm not even sure he's better than Sherriffs at this point.

What makes you say that Jack isn't better than Sheriffs? Pure speculation or have you seen something that makes you say that? Just curious...

Go Canes!

His decision making, speed, footwork, knowledge of the game. Not his fault really he just has to get more reps. That's why I said at this point. I do think he's capable of passing Sherriffs but I also think he has a ways to go before I'd say he looks like a starter.

I see him on a regular. Not sure if you do or not. But it's not even close & I know the staff feels the same

There has been nothing to separate Allison from Sheriffs. They are both very raw at this point. And beside the point you guaranteed Jack would be the next starter, he's done nothing to prove that. I've watched both him and Nkosi at every stage so far practice, games, camps. Allison had his moments but Nkosi 100% looks the part and consistently as well.Not saying that Allison won't earn the starting job I'm just putting my bet on Nkosi.

Advertisement

Allison

Perry

Nope. No no no.

They recruited him for a reason same as Perry. Regardless of stats they liked him enough to be comfortable with him being the only QB last class so ill ride with that till he shows what he's really made of.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

In your blind attempt to defend Jack, who by the way I haven't even really even commented on relative to Perry other than to post their stats for the benefit of the board, you have again not read my posts and are making the same argument I've already made. What they do on the practice field at UM will determine who plays. Not what they did in high school. I have already said that. But again, Perry's stats from high school are better than Jack's stats from high school, and further this society and others like it use past performance as an indicator for future performance. Believe it or not past performance can be and often is a good predictor of future performance.

References to Kyle Wright are not logical or necessary because there are many highly ranked athletes that do succeed which is why every successful program in the country attempts to recruit what they determine to be the best athletes. And whether you agree with it or not, how they performed in the past plays a part in that. And since you mentioned Kyle Wright as an example of a highly rated kid that didn't pan out. Let me drop Gray Crow's name because technically speaking his stats and Jack's stats are similar. Does one have anything to do with the other? **** no! Because Perry isn't Kyle and Jack isn't Gray.

Perry's high school stats remain better than Jack's high school stats. And since Perry is STILL in high school, that's all that we objectively have to compare.

Nope. No no no.

JC I get what you're saying about projecting and production, and said as much in an earlier post. The best guy will play. My point was to show each guy's stat line so Canes could see how they did in high school. Jack easily passes the eyeball test and stats don't speak to how much heart a kid has etc and if Jack has anything he clearly has a lot of toughness and heart. Fortunately, none of this back and forth will matter because their play will determine who plays.

Nope. No no no.

Production ALWAYS matters.

Guys who can...DO

Guys who can't...DON'T

There are always extenuating circumstances for particular cases, but generally, guys who are productive at each level, continue to be productive. Projecting is certainly apart of evaluation, but I'm almost always going to lean towards a kid who has the resume to back up his skills and traits.

Especially at a position like QB. This isn't moving a linebacker to end because his speed may translate off the edge. We're talking about reading defenses, ball placement, accuracy, and arm strength.

Once the guys are on a practice field, the coaches will decide who is prepared to compete at a championship level, but for purposes of prognostication, I'd almost always lean towards N'Kosi because of the combination of skills and production. Those types of players have better odds at being successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back