N'Kosi Perry Re-commits

How's he doing this year? (Apologies for laziness)

On maxpreps, they show stats for 3 games, 513 passing yards, 39 on 56 for 69,6%, 6 TD, 0 INT for a QB rating of 134
And he rushed 18 times for 66 yards and 1 TD

**** DeShawn Watson. Perry really reminds me alot of Kenny Kelly (unfortunately that could translate into Ryan collins college career as well or even worse kirby freeman) fml why did I have to think of him!

I'd rather him be like Watson than Kenny Kelly.

Advertisement

On maxpreps, they show stats for 3 games, 513 passing yards, 39 on 56 for 69,6%, 6 TD, 0 INT for a QB rating of 134

**** DeShawn Watson. Perry really reminds me alot of Kenny Kelly (unfortunately that could translate into Ryan collins college career as well or even worse kirby freeman) fml why did I have to think of him!

Uh yeah....I don't like Watson but anyone discrediting his talent is just feasting on sour grapes

If bk stays allison will never play here imo

I guarantee u cactus Jack is the next starter here after Brad unless richt goes out & pulls another Eason it's a given. Jack is the real deal & can already make every throw.

If -- and I don't think he will -- Brad stays another year, it will be a great battle between Allison (2 years in the system) and Perry (1 year in the system) to start in 2018.

So what if u can make every throw kyle wright can make every throw. U have to be accurate and perry kills him in this department and has the wheels to run

I'd greatly have to disagree on several accounts here. Ur comparing a kid playing average high school comp & still sticking usually with check downs & saying how accurate he is opposed to a kid who's done with high school is is doing it in practice against our kids. But regardless,I really like nkosi I just know he's gonna have to wait his turn. Other thing is people really ain't fair on kyle. That boy had that great misfortune of coming in with cokers kids. He had a horrible wr & te unit. Horrible ol & as a result he was hurt basically hisaid entire time in college. Switch him with **** near any of our premier qbs & what they had to work with & people would tell nursery Rhymes about kyle. But **** em now. He snitched on us.

Advertisement
Young QBs can be difficult to project for many reasons. I love Jack's SF attitude. He's definitely got heart, but Perry has the better film and better stats. Here are Allison's high school stats and Perry's. Jack threw 18 tds and 14 INTs, and Perry 32 TDs and 2 INTs as a junior.

Allison
Jack Allison's Football Stats | MaxPreps

Perry
N'Kosi Perry's (Ocala, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Jack also played in butt **** Egypt with the girls ymca as his recievers. This is definitely a case where u can't compare stats especially high school

If bk stays allison will never play here imo

I guarantee u cactus Jack is the next starter here after Brad unless richt goes out & pulls another Eason it's a given. Jack is the real deal & can already make every throw.

Jack is a nice player but he's not better than Nkosi, I'm not even sure he's better than Sherriffs at this point.

What makes you say that Jack isn't better than Sheriffs? Pure speculation or have you seen something that makes you say that? Just curious...

Go Canes!

His decision making, speed, footwork, knowledge of the game. Not his fault really he just has to get more reps. That's why I said at this point. I do think he's capable of passing Sherriffs but I also think he has a ways to go before I'd say he looks like a starter.

I see him on a regular. Not sure if you do or not. But it's not even close & I know the staff feels the same

Nah. Not if you're talking high school comparisons (which is what I thought he meant),besides if Kenny stuck with football he would've won all the same **** Dorsey did. Kenny Kelly was a first team all American multiple years in multiple sports. That's insane what he did at Tampa plant. He was first team the same years in football,baseball,basketball & track. In high school Kenny Kelly was God not a false idol either

Advertisement

Uh yeah....I don't like Watson but anyone discrediting his talent is just feasting on sour grapes

Also I don't intend to discredit DeShawn at all. He's very good. However he is very much a product of the system & defenses rarely putting a spy on him for some reason

Kenny Kelly went to Tampa Catholic but is from Plant City...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Also I don't intend to discredit DeShawn at all. He's very good. However he is very much a product of the system & defenses rarely putting a spy on him for some reason
Understood. Kid is crazy talented but far from a sure thing.

Advertisement
Again, there are a lot of factors that go into projecting QB play and competition and the skill level of teammates does play a part in any analysis. Having said, that coaches are still going to look at a QB who threw 14 INTs differently than one who only threw 2. How many INTs are you realistically blaming the receivers for? What was causing Jack to throw INTs if not his own decision making? The numbers in that regard are not even close. As I said, what will matter most is how they perform once they are both at UM. What they did in high school won't matter because that was just their ticket to this stage, but thinking that QB stats don't matter doesn't make sense. They do matter. They aren't all you look at, but they do matter.

Young QBs can be difficult to project for many reasons. I love Jack's SF attitude. He's definitely got heart, but Perry has the better film and better stats. Here are Allison's high school stats and Perry's. Jack threw 18 tds and 14 INTs, and Perry 32 TDs and 2 INTs as a junior.

Allison

Perry

Jack also played in butt **** Egypt with the girls ymca as his recievers. This is definitely a case where u can't compare stats especially high school

Don't sell Cade Weldon short as he might be the best of the bunch. I still remember an unknown QB recruit named Steve Walsh who came in same class as stud recruit Bill Turkowski. Turkowski never took a snap and Walsh might have been our best QB. Weldo comes across as a heady field general who might surprise everyone.

Advertisement
I'm curious how perry compares to Blackman. Can anyone give me some quick hitters?

Again, there are a lot of factors that go into projecting QB play and competition and the skill level of teammates does play a part in any analysis. Having said, that coaches are still going to look at a QB who threw 14 INTs differently than one who only threw 2. How many INTs are you realistically blaming the receivers for? What was causing Jack to throw INTs if not his own decision making? The numbers in that regard are not even close. As I said, what will matter most is how they perform once they are both at UM. What they did in high school won't matter because that was just their ticket to this stage, but thinking that QB stats don't matter doesn't make sense. They do matter. They aren't all you look at, but they do matter.

Allison

Perry

Nope. No no no.

High school stats absolutely do not matter now that the kid is on the team. The only thing that matters is how they perform on Greentree at this point. I could see Richt "Well Jack sure does look good right now, but **** those 14 picks he threw in high school really worries me. Perry only threw a couple." The best QB wins the job...no one cares about what either QB did in high school, especially with a million variables in play regarding high school stats.

Nah. Not if you're talking high school comparisons (which is what I thought he meant),besides if Kenny stuck with football he would've won all the same **** Dorsey did. Kenny Kelly was a first team all American multiple years in multiple sports. That's insane what he did at Tampa plant. He was first team the same years in football,baseball,basketball & track. In high school Kenny Kelly was God not a false idol either

Kenny tore it up at Tampa Catholic, not Plant. So did Quincy Hipps. Kenny was an average QB here though. Watson has been far from average at Clemson. I don't care what they did in HS.

I never bought the "if he didn't play baseball" excuse. Guys have played baseball and still done very well playing QB. Russell Wilson comes to mind.

Advertisement
Back