N'Kosi Perry Re-commits

He's the real prize of this class . Top of the line qbs are not a dime a dozen . He will be a championship qb

Advertisement
How's he doing this year? (Apologies for laziness)

On maxpreps, they show stats for 3 games, 513 passing yards, 39 on 56 for 69,6%, 6 TD, 0 INT for a QB rating of 134
And he rushed 18 times for 66 yards and 1 TD

**** DeShawn Watson. Perry really reminds me alot of Kenny Kelly (unfortunately that could translate into Ryan collins college career as well or even worse kirby freeman) fml why did I have to think of him!

If bk stays allison will never play here imo

I guarantee u cactus Jack is the next starter here after Brad unless richt goes out & pulls another Eason it's a given. Jack is the real deal & can already make every throw.

If -- and I don't think he will -- Brad stays another year, it will be a great battle between Allison (2 years in the system) and Perry (1 year in the system) to start in 2018.

Advertisement

I guarantee u cactus Jack is the next starter here after Brad unless richt goes out & pulls another Eason it's a given. Jack is the real deal & can already make every throw.

If -- and I don't think he will -- Brad stays another year, it will be a great battle between Allison (2 years in the system) and Perry (1 year in the system) to start in 2018.

So what if u can make every throw kyle wright can make every throw. U have to be accurate and perry kills him in this department and has the wheels to run

So what if u can make every throw kyle wright can make every throw. U have to be accurate and perry kills him in this department and has the wheels to run

Jack is more athletic than kaaya he will runnit too

Advertisement
Allison 18 tds 14 ints lol.. Guy looked shook from the start in the UA game.. He won't see the field as a starter

Jack is a nice player but he's not better than Nkosi, I'm not even sure he's better than Sherriffs at this point.

What makes you say that Jack isn't better than Sheriffs? Pure speculation or have you seen something that makes you say that? Just curious...

Go Canes!

Jack is a nice player but he's not better than Nkosi, I'm not even sure he's better than Sherriffs at this point.

What makes you say that Jack isn't better than Sheriffs? Pure speculation or have you seen something that makes you say that? Just curious...

Go Canes!

His decision making, speed, footwork, knowledge of the game. Not his fault really he just has to get more reps. That's why I said at this point. I do think he's capable of passing Sherriffs but I also think he has a ways to go before I'd say he looks like a starter.

Advertisement
Young QBs can be difficult to project for many reasons. I love Jack's SF attitude. He's definitely got heart, but Perry has the better film and better stats. Here are Allison's high school stats and Perry's. Jack threw 18 tds and 14 INTs, and Perry 32 TDs and 2 INTs as a junior.

Allison
Jack Allison's Football Stats | MaxPreps

Perry
N'Kosi Perry's (Ocala, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

I don't think these stats will be used by the staff to determine who is the starter. Since it will and have to play out in practice. It always comes down to making plays. See USC, bamer, osu, ga, Ok and even Miami in the past. All have had elite qb's with extraordinary "stats" fail to produce. Look at L'ville's Jackson, no one here debated his worth and if he was a take for TheU. Word is Allison has strong arm, can make all the throws, except they don't where intended enough. Sherriffs has the acumen and size but can't make plays. Perry "seems" to have the 3 elements to be a successful QB - accuracy, arm strength and athleticism. Won't know his acumen until I see him against college level defenses. Just can't predict.

Advertisement

Go Canes!

His decision making, speed, footwork, knowledge of the game. Not his fault really he just has to get more reps. That's why I said at this point. I do think he's capable of passing Sherriffs but I also think he has a ways to go before I'd say he looks like a starter.

What film is everyone basing their evaluation on....high school highlights, practice, etc...just curious

Sure stats will determine who starts, but they will be the stats they produce at UM during practice, scrimmages, and the like that will be the ones that coaches at UM look at. That's self evident, so I'm not even sure why it's necessary to say that. Coaches track QB stats from the time they identify a recruit through their career as a player for them. How else would you evaluate a QB? And what does what other elite QBs having failed have to do with Perry's numbers being better than Jack's? And? With nothing else to go on other than people's speculation I fell back on the one thing every coach looks at and that's how they've performed based on the numbers, and the only place where they have apples to apples comparisons is what they did in high school. I didn't even say Perry was going to be the starter, and even said QBs are hard to project. Not sure why everyone is so defensive about Allison. But in any case, the numbers are what they are.

Young QBs can be difficult to project for many reasons. I love Jack's SF attitude. He's definitely got heart, but Perry has the better film and better stats. Here are Allison's high school stats and Perry's. Jack threw 18 tds and 14 INTs, and Perry 32 TDs and 2 INTs as a junior.

Allison
Jack Allison's Football Stats | MaxPreps

Perry
N'Kosi Perry's (Ocala, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

I don't think these stats will be used by the staff to determine who is the starter. Since it will and have to play out in practice. It always comes down to making plays. See USC, bamer, osu, ga, Ok and even Miami in the past. All have had elite qb's with extraordinary "stats" fail to produce. Look at L'ville's Jackson, no one here debated his worth and if he was a take for TheU. Word is Allison has strong arm, can make all the throws, except they don't where intended enough. Sherriffs has the acumen and size but can't make plays. Perry "seems" to have the 3 elements to be a successful QB - accuracy, arm strength and athleticism. Won't know his acumen until I see him against college level defenses. Just can't predict.

Last edited:
I don't worry too much about completion percentage in high school, unless it's alarmingly low. 54% isn't bad, with the TD-INT ratio what it was last year. Also, his average completion was 18.0 last year compared to 13.2 so far this year. So if throwing shorter passes makes the % go up, it's not really much of a positive. Doesn't matter, kid is a player and I'm glad we're getting him.

I disagree on accuracy. It's the number 1 thing I like to see in a QB as long as he has adequate measurables. Perry is plenty accurate. I understand what you're saying about the length of the throws though. Obviously, the farther you're pushing the ball down the field the less accurate you'll be overall.
A dual threat with accuracy can be unstoppable. Good to hear, this kid looks **** good.

He looks like the real deal to me. I'd love to see us with a QB who can take off and get yards with his feet and still be able to run a sophisticated passing offense.

Imagine that, something we've never had before. Don't think the rest of CFB would be too thrilled about that.

Testaverde and Erickson could both run very well, but I get what you're saying.

Advertisement
Back