N'Kosi Perry...Is the too small argument valid?

Advertisement
Don’t know about his weight but those eyes have some sort of serious intensity in them. That I like a lot.

Don’t know about his weight but those eyes have some sort of serious intensity in them. That I like a lot.

???

0B025220-38DD-4BC7-9E54-6D53F5E7A1C9.gif

You do realize eating more and lifting is about as natural as you can get? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3465203

Being that I used to bodybuild, and my brother in law is currently a professional body builder, @OriginalGatorHater is absolutely correct. Doesn’t mean that u are on the Al Golden’s Pizza and Cheeseburger diet, but eating 6 meals/day that can be a mixture of complex carbs, and high calorie is a great way to add pure mass. Of course, u gotta be dedicated in the gym, too.

Being that I used to bodybuild, and my brother in law is currently a professional body builder, @OriginalGatorHater is absolutely correct. Doesn’t mean that u are on the Al Golden’s Pizza and Cheeseburger diet, but eating 6 meals/day that can be a mixture of complex carbs, and high calorie is a great way to add pure mass. Of course, u gotta be dedicated in the gym, too.

Exactly bro. Golden used to have the guys just step on a scale and if they made weight he was happy. He didn't care if it was water weight, fat, whatever. No one wants Kosi to do that. We all want him to do exactly what you said. Eat 6 meals a day with a lot of protein and complex carbs. Eat more calories then you burn and put on the extra muscle.

Advertisement
Exactly bro. Golden used to have the guys just step on a scale and if they made weight he was happy. He didn't care if it was water weight, fat, whatever. No one wants Kosi to do that. We all want him to do exactly what you said. Eat 6 meals a day with a lot of protein and complex carbs. Eat more calories then you burn and put on the extra muscle.

Yessir. The best thing Richt did was hire a nutritionist. Like a real one.

What Golden did was turn those boys in to pudgy monsters. He put these young men on pizza diets which, will add “mass”, but the type of mass that’s going to jello up, tire you out, and cover over muscle fibers, and it showed on the football field, too.

Yessir. The best thing Richt did was hire a nutritionist. Like a real one.

What Golden did was turn those boys in to pudgy monsters. He put these young men on pizza diets which, will add “mass”, but the type of mass that’s going to jello up, tire you out, and cover over muscle fibers, and it showed on the football field, too.

Your talking straight facts b. I was thinking the same thing. Whoever the guy was for Golden was trash. Look what happened to Chikilo the kid turned into a ****** and then he got to the league, lost weight, and did work. It happened to a lot of other players, but he was the first one on the top of my head.

Your talking straight facts b. I was thinking the same thing. Whoever the guy was for Golden was trash. Look what happened to Chikilo the kid turned into a ****** and then he got to the league, lost weight, and did work. It happened to a lot of other players, but he was the first one on the top of my head.

Bro; Look at Chad’s freshman and sophomore year, and look at him today. Olsen Pierre is another one; lost bad weight and took the “famed” Robert Nkemdiche starting spot.

People have confused what Golden did here w what ur talking about to gain weight. Golden and Swasey did an absolutely horrible job getting our players on the right weight gain diet. But that doesn’t mean eating a grip (the right stuff, at the right time) combined w a great workout regimen is not the recipe for gaining mass.

Advertisement
Bro; Look at Chad’s freshman and sophomore year, and look at him today. Olsen Pierre is another one; lost bad weight and took the “famed” Robert Nkemdiche starting spot.

People have confused what Golden did here w what ur talking about to gain weight. Golden and Swasey did an absolutely horrible job getting our players on the right weight gain diet. But that doesn’t mean eating a grip (the right stuff, at the right time) combined w a great workout regimen is not the recipe for gaining mass.

Ya bro your right on both of them. Exactly though. That is what I was trying to say. No one wants them just putting on straight fat especially not Kosi. But if they dont bulk up were going to be looking like a D3 school. Big difference between eating whatever you can find to gain weight and gaining 5 pounds over the weekend to make weight for Golden. And eating 500 or so extra cals of Meat, Fish, whole grains, Brown Rice, beans, etc. and slowly gaining that muscle .5-1lb a week. Most NFL players went the slow bulk route because as you know from Bodybuilding. If you catch to much fat on your bulk that cut is going to be that much harder. Some of them may even be able to gain faster if this is their first time really getting a chance to eat as much healthy food as they wanted. I know when I was a kid if I asked my mom to cop me a few pounds of chicken breast, fish, and 93% lean beef and I was going to be eating 6 meals of that a day I would have caught an *** whipping. I'm sure at least a couple of them had that same problem.

And this should end the thread.

Except there is scientific evidence. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3465203
I also posted studies showing that more muscle = thicker connective tissue/collagen so less tendon/ligament tears. It also increases bone mineral density so less chance of bone breaks. Plus the study above that just straight up shows having more muscle decreases your chances of injuries.

Advertisement
Except there is scientific evidence. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3465203
I also posted studies showing that more muscle = thicker connective tissue/collagen so less tendon/ligament tears. It also increases bone mineral density so less chance of bone breaks. Plus the study above that just straight up shows having more muscle decreases your chances of injuries.

I mean, I can't argue with science but I'm having a hard time believing that. I've seen plenty muscle-bound dudes who were fragile as **** underneath their impressive physiques. There's been some freaks in the NFL who couldn't stay off the training table.

I've known some regular guys who were the same way. Naturally skinny/fragile guys who got massive off a few cycles. Walking around looking indestructible on the surface but inside they were fine china.

I guess those are just exceptions.

I mean, I can't argue with science but I'm having a hard time believing that. I've seen plenty muscle-bound dudes who were fragile as **** underneath their impressive physiques. There's been some freaks in the NFL who couldn't stay off the training table.

I've known some regular guys who were the same way. Naturally skinny/fragile guys who got massive off a few cycles. Walking around looking indestructible on the surface but inside they were fine china.

I guess those are just exceptions.

As far guys running cycles your collagen/bone density can only increase so fast since the steroids really arent going to be affecting it as much as the muscles. So when your muscles become 4x as strong, but the collagen/bones only increased 1.5x(these are made up ratios, but you get the point) that is a recipe for disaster. When you bulk up naturally everything increases at the same rate. I know guys like that as well, but do you think those big guys would not be injury prone if they where smaller? Most of the guys on my team that were huge and also injury prone were also injury prone in the pop warner days when they where tiny. However, they did become a little more durable as they put on the muscle. Do you think the guys you mentioned would be less injury prone if they where even smaller? Or do you think they are better off as a big guy? My point is not that gaining muscle makes you inpenetrable it just is one of the few factors that you can control that will make you less likely to be injured.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back