Nkosi Perry is garbage

Rosier throws INTs because he can't hit his target, Perry throws them because he's misreading coverages. Apparently, Richt will put up with inaccuracy but not a QB that doesn't know what he's doing. Neither one is the answer. He needs to stop while he's ahead & put Jarren in. If he doesn't show recruits what he has waiting in the wings, he's gonna lose everyone he has committed. ****, half of storm 18 might want out, seeing as how most of them signed before the Clemson game (thank goodness for that early signing period). They didn't come to Miami for this. The LSU game & tonight have made him look like a sunshine pumping fraud. Don't get me wrong, he needs an OC, but I think we win this game with Jarren regardless of who's calling plays. It's amazing the things having an elite QB can mask & overcome.

Tua won a championship as a freshman against a team that started a freshman, Lawrence is starting at Clemson as a freshman, & we get garbage quarterbacking with Jarren Williams sitting on the bench. This entire situation feels like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

Advertisement
Guy who’s fault is that Perry can’t read defenses in Yr2? CMR & Jon’s fault!! I’m almost affraid to see Jarren get in there but he needs experience! CMR said he pulled Perry bcuz Rosier was more battle tested!!! Hello old man how the f*** Is the kid suppose to gain that experience by being benched? Your unimaginable vert routes are not high percentage throws again cover 2. Then you put the least accurate QB of all time out there smh!!!!!

Perry was garbage today. But so is Rick’s offense. We clearly need a QB who is good enough to overcome the hole Rick puts the offense in, and it remains to be seen if that guy is on the roster.

Perry was garbage today. But so is Rick’s offense. We clearly need a QB who is good enough to overcome the hole Rick puts the offense in, and it remains to be seen if that guy is on the roster.

The offense plays with no rhythm, flow or urgency. Case example of this was the two minute drill that Rosier ran that took 5 minutes. It was pure trash, like we had conceded the loss.

Perry was trash today but Richt offense doesn't allow him to feel comfortable. Give him an outlet receiver on every throw, like they did for once for Rosey, and let the athletes make plays.

Where are the slant routes, digs, comebacks, easy completion that every offense in the nation has? And don't even get me started on the motion offense that doesn't exist in Morks offense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The offense plays with no rhythm, flow or urgency. Case example of this was the two minute drill that Rosier ran that took 5 minutes. It was pure trash, like we had conceded the loss.

Perry was trash today but Richt offense doesn't allow him to feel comfortable. Give him an outlet receiver on every throw, like they did for once for Rosey, and let the athletes make plays.

Where are the slant routes, digs, comebacks, easy completion that every offense in the nation has? And don't even get me started on no motion offense that doesn't exist in Morks offense.

Perry had open WRs on underneath routes on both his INTS.

He didnt see them because he cant read a defense. That's what happens I guess when you skip all your classes, doze off during film sessions, and act ****y as **** without ever having backed it up on the field.

Perry should transfer to UVA. After all, he was their best player today. Without him spotting UVA 10 pts, we'd have won. If Perry takes another snap this season we might as well forfeit.

It’s not a QB problem, never has been.

It’s a OC/scheme problem, has been from game 1. Fans don’t want to admit it because doing so means we are ****ed so they blame the easy target (Kaaya, Rosier, Perry, OL, etc)
Please help me understand... decades of "fan" but not an x's and o's guy, thanks: I read here and almost everywhere we have great receivers and they are often open but not thrown to, sometimes waving their arms or making expressions in frustration. Sure a QB needs time from OL and needs to "read" the field (taller the better and not stare primary recvr down). Whether the routes are vertical or old-fashioned or uninspired I have no expert clue. But if these talented receivers are generally open but not thrown to (or thrown to inaccurately), isn't it mostly a matter of "execution" (the throw or read or time) not of play-call? (yes, predictable Run for 0-2 yards every first down not withstanding.)

He didnt see them because he cant read a defense. That's what happens I guess when you skip all your classes, doze off during film sessions, and act ****y as **** without ever having backed it up on the field.

Perry should transfer to UVA. After all, he was their best player today. Without him spotting UVA 10 pts, we'd have won. If Perry takes another snap this season we might as well forfeit.

So lets assume your correct and he spotted them 10 points. I guess you would have been happy seeing a 13-6 score? Your boy Mork and his offense wouldn't be to blame?

Advertisement
When every QB in an offense looks mediocre, who is really the issue?

The offensive line!!

With all of the "experts" calling for Perry to play I would constantly post that it doesn't matter who the QB is if the offensive line is playing at a feeble youth league level. Last week against FSU Perry looked like he was pushed out of a Humvee in Iraq in the midst of a firefight...he was petrified!

Last night saw more of the same as with his eyes seemingly closed he was lobbing unguided grenades down the field hoping that UM receivers would somehow locate the ball and make Sports Center-worthy catches. If Coach Richt didn't pull him when he did God only knows...

Oh, and by the way...those who have been selling Perry as a Lamar Jackson type of scrambler...he is at best pedestrian and Rosier has been far more successful in that department.

Last edited:

And this is the issue. It’s not a Perry/rosier thing - it’s a coach who is incapable to call plays that either make it easy on our qb/OL or work around their flaws. He is square peg/round holing it and he probably wonders why it’s not working.

He just needs time for Jon Richt to coach him up . :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:
Rosier throws INTs because he can't hit his target, Perry throws them because he's misreading coverages. Apparently, Richt will put up with inaccuracy but not a QB that doesn't know what he's doing. Neither one is the answer. He needs to stop while he's ahead & put Jarren in. If he doesn't show recruits what he has waiting in the wings, he's gonna lose everyone he has committed. ****, half of storm 18 might want out, seeing as how most of them signed before the Clemson game (thank goodness for that early signing period). They didn't come to Miami for this. The LSU game & tonight have made him look like a sunshine pumping fraud. Don't get me wrong, he needs an OC, but I think we win this game with Jarren regardless of who's calling plays. It's amazing the things having an elite QB can mask & overcome.

Tua won a championship as a freshman against a team that started a freshman, Lawrence is starting at Clemson as a freshman, & we get garbage quarterbacking with Jarren Williams sitting on the bench. This entire situation feels like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

As always, the backup QB is the messiah...

Advertisement

As your handle indicates.... you are a Richt suck up... stop defending your inept stubborn old fart of a coach

This year 3 with 3 different QBs... and the results are still the same..

We all know that Rosier is not that guy. Let's just put that to bed right now

Perry is reaching his expiration date and it's not his fault - in my opinion. Mark needs to get an OC and a QB coach that can develop talent both of which will make the difference. Another big knock on Perry from where I'm standing is that it seems he feels like QB1 is meant for him and needs to be given to him. Is he really doing what he needs to do to learn the position? watching film, working on his mechanics, etc.? or is he out relishing in the fact that he was named the starter (until last night)? When is it 'too late' to turn a kid around and develop him before you decided he's too far along?
Williams may be the future but we all better hope he's taking it upon himself to get better and learn because he's not going to get all of that from the staff AND I don't want to be stuck here bashing the kid because he has to resort to his HS skillset to play ball at Miami and then we'll get on him for not being "who we thought we was"

Hind sight is 20-20, right? I suspect CMR and the staff expected this game to be rough - and not just because UVA always gives us a tough game. Listen to Rosier's post game presser - the team had AWFUL offensive practices all week. So bad they were doing up-downs in the middle of practice. Clearly something wasn't working or the motivation was lacking all week. These games after an emotional win like FSU are always the hardest. This is NOT an excuse for all of the stuff we saw on that field last night. But clearly there were issues all week with the offense. Maybe that played some part in why CMR pulled Perry as quickly as he did, too.

Perry is reaching his expiration date and it's not his fault - in my opinion. Mark needs to get an OC and a QB coach that can develop talent both of which will make the difference. Another big knock on Perry from where I'm standing is that it seems he feels like QB1 is meant for him and needs to be given to him. Is he really doing what he needs to do to learn the position? watching film, working on his mechanics, etc.? or is he out relishing in the fact that he was named the starter (until last night)? When is it 'too late' to turn a kid around and develop him before you decided he's too far along?
Williams may be the future but we all better hope he's taking it upon himself to get better and learn because he's not going to get all of that from the staff AND I don't want to be stuck here bashing the kid because he has to resort to his HS skillset to play ball at Miami and then we'll get on him for not being "who we thought we was"

My biggest concern all year so far is the lack of opportunity given to Jarren to actually compete and practice with the 1st team. I get that you start at the bottom on the first day because you are the last one in, but given the perceived talent, etc., shouldn't you get the same chance as the rest to really get meaningful snaps? By all accounts it sounds like he is still being held in the 3-4 QB position - why is Weldon getting better reps than Williams? It just doesn't make sense. That's not the way to get this kid ready to play. How much worse could he do than Perry?

Advertisement

I'm paying for a "bench Perry" banner if he plays vs BC.

He's Sitkowski level bad.

Rosier isn't good but we lose 50-0 if Perry plays the whole game and is allowed to throw 10 INTs.

Start Jarren and pray Perry transfers. There are kids playing IM football at Miami who suck less than CIS golden boy Perry
Perry must’ve f$&@$d your wife or something

Reports coming out last yr were that Perry has the physical talent but played with a streetball mentality and never taught the intricacies of the position or how to read defenses.
Williams has a QB coach that works on his skill set away from school and has had one for a while.
Don't know what is holding him back unless it's the playbook. Someone on here should have some insight on this.

kid is horrible and in over his head. pretty clear from what I've seen he can't read a defense and his delivery is awful as well.

inaccurate, can't read a defense, slow delivery, skinny as ****.

transfer out and take ur *** to FIU or FAU kid.

You voted for Trump. Take your *** to Russia.

Advertisement
Back