NKosi Perry Benched for Audibles and Going Out

Just went back and rewatched it. The first pick looks like perry simply went through protection. The second one is a little stranger. Perry communicates something to Harley a couple seconds before db shows blitz (which harley points out) then perry takes the ball and looks over as if he's expecting a bubble to harleys side and then the interception happens. He only threw 6 passes so maybe he audibled into a run earlier? But I wouldn't call that an explosive play.

Film don't lie.

Advertisement
You must have missed my other post above. Yes, Harley may have run that route wrong. That doesnt change the fact it also may very well have been a play nkosi shouldnt have changed to (if that rumor is true) or a ball he shouldnt have tried to force to harley in that coverage regardless.

If youre defending Perry's play in Charlottesville last weekend, then we must have been watching different games.

Yeah I missed it..I've been skimming through.

he threw 6 passes and by the time the 4th started...still had better stats than Malik did. What game were you watching again?

There's nothing to defend...a blind man can see Malik is trash and Richt likes trash QB's as evidenced by his last 9 years at UGA.

I bet these guys are mistaking “audibling” with Perry going sandlot and not making the read required by the play. He wasn’t audibling. He was just throwing to the wrong reads and had no clue how to react to the disguising uva was doing.
So IOW... he just sucked. That’s a lot different than he hijacked playcalling.

Yeah I missed it..I've been skimming through.

he threw 6 passes and by the time the 4th started...still had better stats than Malik did. What game were you watching again?

There's nothing to defend...a blind man can see Malik is trash and Richt likes trash QB's as evidenced by his last 9 years at UGA.
Then you really should take the time to read this entire thread. The situation is not as simplistic as "rosier is trash so perry should never have been pulled".

Advertisement
A player with Perry's study/work habits combined with Jon Richt as the QB coach is a horrible combination....

You coach on the team? Whose is the QB coach that shows a QB how to prepare and whatnot? you have to be taught..whose teaching him again?

Then you really should take the time to read this entire thread. The situation is not as simplistic as "rosier is trash so perry should never have been pulled".

Don't need to if you don't attribute one of the picks to the WR's as the HC stated out of his mouth...you should make sure you state that when mentioning the picks unless you have an agenda.

Rosier is trash and perry should have never been pulled....period.

A game the Canes won IN SPITE of Perry, not because of him. He completed 40% of his passes that night, man. The defense won that game by holding FSU to 45 total yds in the 2nd half. Period.

In spite of? He had 8 drops and a HC calling the worse plays in history of which took the life out of the entire team and the stadium (I was there).....like I wrote in my last reply to you...you have an AGENDA!

What game were you watching?

Advertisement
This is the plot of Any Given Sunday. Just wait til Richt has Kosi over for Jambalya and then Kosi steps in for the second half against BC and leads us to the Pantheon Cup

The narrative about Perry not being dedicated enough to perfecting his craft is very troubling. And there has been signs/evidence of that for quite a while now.

Dorsey had nowhere near the physical gifts of Perry but was dedicated as **** to the film room and getting better and as a result he took us to championships.

Perry has a lot of growing up to do.

Agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
LOL oh the irony. Im stating facts, guy. Youre the one regurgitating your anti-richt agenda over and over.

Facts? You highlted that portion of my reply bc I am murdering you with fact. Again: "He had 8 drops and a HC calling the worse plays in history of which took the life out of the entire team and the stadium (I was there)"

See my last reply to you...look at your words...you have no idea if any of this is true yet you're dropping the hammer on the kid.

AGENDA!

Agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I stated a kid who doesnt devote time to the film room is a problem. Facts. And referenced a qb who didnt have many physical gifts yet became one of the best to ever play under center for Miami because of his dedication to his craft. Again, facts.

Please define this "agenda" I have that you keep screaming about like a middle school girl.

Looking at Richt's QB's after Matthew Stafford, his firing at UGA, the offense, the QB's after Stafford, why he was fired, the issues....it takes a concussed brain for anyone to believe any of this BS about Perry.

Richt is garbage with QB's...the last 9 years say so.

Advertisement
In spite of? He had 8 drops and a HC calling the worse plays in history of which took the life out of the entire team and the stadium (I was there).....like I wrote in my last reply to you...you have an AGENDA!

What game were you watching?

Perry was no better than Rosier in the FSU game and if you agree, YOU have an agenda. Rosier is AWFUL. Absolutely, positively AWFUL. But again, for the 10000th time, we don't need Aaron Rodgers to beat the next 5 teams. We need a kid who will protect the football and make smart decisions. As much as it pains me to say it, right now from what I've seen from both, that kid is probably Rosier.

But Perry flat stunk against FSU. He threw 2 passes that Rosier can't. Two. Out of ~35? He rolled right and hit Jeff Thomas with a laser on the sideline, which was a tremendous throw and Rosier doensn't have the talent to make. And the 3rd and 10 to Thomas on the seam route was gorgeous. I will also add the ball to Brevin for the winning score was beautiful, but he had Derrick Brooks embarrassment of an offspring beat by 5 yards.

Neither one is very good right now. Bottom line. Neither one is playing nearly well enough to win games on their own. That's why it's pretty clear Richt is going with the lesser of 2 evils, being the kid who he thinks won't beat himself. We'll see if he's right. But people on here are flipping out like Perry is just shredding teams and Richt is a senile old man who has some agenda to play Rosier. They both suck right now. He's doing whatever he can to get to Charlotte so he can continue to recruit good players.

Facts? You highlted that portion of my reply bc I am murdering you with fact. Again: "He had 8 drops and a HC calling the worse plays in history of which took the life out of the entire team and the stadium (I was there)"

See my last reply to you...look at your words...you have no idea if any of this is true yet you're dropping the hammer on the kid.

AGENDA!
I have no idea if what is true? That Perry hasn't been committed enough to getting better as a football player? Yeah you're right, bud, Im the one who made that up. Jesus christ. Im done replying to you.

I stated a kid who doesnt devote time to the film room is a problem. Facts. And referenced a qb who didnt have many physical gifts yet became one of the best to ever play under center for Miami because of his dedication to his craft. Again, facts.

Facts based on what besides your mouth? Are you Jon Richt? you on the staff and Ken Dorsey was trash. We should've won 3 titles in a row if not for him, the UDubb lost and the OSU lost is on him..almost lost to BC bc of him. Please stop hyping up that noodle arm 57.9 career passer.

Please define this "agenda" I have that you keep screaming about like a middle school girl.

Watch your mouth with the insults bc you wouldn't dare say that middle school girl line to my face in any forum but on the internet.

Perry was no better than Rosier in the FSU game and if you agree, YOU have an agenda. Rosier is AWFUL. Absolutely, positively AWFUL. But again, for the 10000th time, we don't need Aaron Rodgers to beat the next 5 teams. We need a kid who will protect the football and make smart decisions. As much as it pains me to say it, right now from what I've seen from both, that kid is probably Rosier.

But Perry flat stunk against FSU. He threw 2 passes that Rosier can't. Two. Out of ~35? He rolled right and hit Jeff Thomas with a laser on the sideline, which was a tremendous throw and Rosier doensn't have the talent to make. And the 3rd and 10 to Thomas on the seam route was gorgeous. I will also add the ball to Brevin for the winning score was beautiful, but he had Derrick Brooks embarrassment of an offspring beat by 5 yards.

Neither one is very good right now. Bottom line. Neither one is playing nearly well enough to win games on their own. That's why it's pretty clear Richt is going with the lesser of 2 evils, being the kid who he thinks won't beat himself. We'll see if he's right. But people on here are flipping out like Perry is just shredding teams and Richt is a senile old man who has some agenda to play Rosier. They both suck right now. He's doing whatever he can to get to Charlotte so he can continue to recruit good players.

The only agenda here is from you and others desperately trying to paint this formerly fired coach as not doing the same crap that got him fired from his previous job.

Perry had 8 drops..he finishes that game 21/31 and 4 td's at worse without those drops.

Learn the game buddy.

Advertisement
Back