NKosi Perry Benched for Audibles and Going Out

OP hasn’t clarified something... is perry not allowed to audible, but did anyway? Or did he call the wrong audible?

If it’s the later, then the QB coach needs to do a better job coaching. If it’s the former, then kick his *** on the sideline and move on.

Couple years ago Clemson’s Punter decided to audible into a fake. He kept the ball and didn’t even come close to a 1st down. Dabo didn’t sit the kid, he berated him on the sideline and moved on.

It doesn’t make sense to play a lesser talent for what amounts to a kid trying to make something happen.

Classic cutting off of noses to spite faces kinda thing.

Advertisement
“Playing through adversity” is fan speak. It’s the HC’s job to try to win every game not to let some guy who is obviously drowning on the field play through adversity.

There’s no reason to believe that Perry continuing to flail and throw the football to UVA was suddenly going to stop in the third quarter because he magically got all the dumb *** and choke out of his system.

More likely, it would have compounded and gotten worse because he looked like he had no reason for what he was doing. He was just playing sandlot ball, and UVA’s DC and defenders were feasting on him. This wasn’t a pass bouncing off a receiver’s hands and getting picked or Perry making the right read but his arm got tapped as he threw; he was clueless and just throwing it up for grabs.

And before you hit me with “yeah, but Malik is ,,,, “ save it. The HC can’t stand there in a conference game with his dyck in his hand while the QB throws the ball up for grabs. He had to do something. I’d get Jarren ready because these two guys are both incredibly flawed, but that’s a different discussion.
Franchise, you've had hands down the most honest and spot on comments on this forum over the last few days of madness. Bravo, sir.

This is EXACTLY the thought process. We beat the types of teams left on the schedule with Rosier and a defense that wasn’t nearly as good. The thinking is “I can’t risk losing to the types of teams we beat last with Rosier because the QB is clueless and giving away possessions.”

I’d expect a lot of simplicity on offense, heavy reliance on the run game, and leaning on the D going forward. He’s going to try to sneak his way into a Coastal title by just protecting the football and making good decisions.

and we should all be more than okay with that at this point. Just my opinion.

Perry strikes me as the type of QB who will transfer from here because our coaches don’t know how to use him and then be a success somewhere else. That is my total fan perspective.

Advertisement
OP hasn’t clarified something... is perry not allowed to audible, but did anyway? Or did he call the wrong audible?

If it’s the later, then the QB coach needs to do a better job coaching. If it’s the former, then kick his *** on the sideline and move on.

Couple years ago Clemson’s Punter decided to audible into a fake. He kept the ball and didn’t even come close to a 1st down. Dabo didn’t sit the kid, he berated him on the sideline and moved on.

It doesn’t make sense to play a lesser talent for what amounts to a kid trying to make something happen.

Classic cutting off of noses to spite faces kinda thing.
I bet these guys are mistaking “audibling” with Perry going sandlot and not making the read required by the play. He wasn’t audibling. He was just throwing to the wrong reads and had no clue how to react to the disguising uva was doing.

“Playing through adversity” is fan speak. It’s the HC’s job to try to win every game not to let some guy who is obviously drowning on the field play through adversity.

There’s no reason to believe that Perry continuing to flail and throw the football to UVA was suddenly going to stop in the third quarter because he magically got all the dumb *** and choke out of his system.

More likely, it would have compounded and gotten worse because he looked like he had no reason for what he was doing. He was just playing sandlot ball, and UVA’s DC and defenders were feasting on him. This wasn’t a pass bouncing off a receiver’s hands and getting picked or Perry making the right read but his arm got tapped as he threw; he was clueless and just throwing it up for grabs.

And before you hit me with “yeah, but Malik is ,,,, “ save it. The HC can’t stand there in a conference game with his dyck in his hand while the QB throws the ball up for grabs. He had to do something. I’d get Jarren ready because these two guys are both incredibly flawed, but that’s a different discussion.

I don't disagree with you, and agree that Jarren should start getting meaningful reps in practice. If Williams isn't the guy we are in deep **** going into the future. It would be nice to see Williams maybe get some extended time or even a start at the end of the year so if he is the starter his first game isn't Florida.

Advertisement
I bet these guys are mistaking “audibling” with Perry going sandlot and not making the read required by the play. He wasn’t audibling. He was just throwing to the wrong reads and had no clue how to react to the disguising uva was doing.
And these are the kinds of things you learn in the film room.

This is EXACTLY the thought process. We beat the types of teams left on the schedule with Rosier and a defense that wasn’t nearly as good. The thinking is “I can’t risk losing to the types of teams we beat last with Rosier because the QB is clueless and giving away possessions.”

I’d expect a lot of simplicity on offense, heavy reliance on the run game, and leaning on the D going forward. He’s going to try to sneak his way into a Coastal title by just protecting the football and making good decisions.

That's it. They'll probably all be ugly games to watch. And the great unwashed that populate this board and fan base will yell and scream and cry and throw themselves on the floor and use their dishwashing money to fly a banner. But the bottom line is, Richt wants to continue to make this program better. How can he do that RIGHT NOW? He can win the next 5 games, get to Charlotte, keep the recruiting class he has now and add 6-7 really elite kids. This isn't exactly a pipe dream. It's very realistic. He's going to give the football to the kid who he feels will not put his #1 defense in the counry in harm's way. 10-2 and Charlotte, even while winning ugly, is a **** of a lot better than 8-4 with a super talented kid firing the ball all over the field, including into defender's chests.

This off-season we can talk a new OC, firing Fredo, changing the offense, etc. But none of that can be done today. All that can be done today is preparing to beat BC, then 4 more very pedestrian teams. Just don't beat yourself on offense and you should be able to waltz into Charlotte. Then close on Neal, Stevenson, Haselwood, Bogle, Ingraham, Richards, and a couple other kids, and you're able to continue to improve your program.

Advertisement
This really isn't hard. Richt knows he has a better football team than the 5 remaining opponents on the schedule. As long as his offense doesn't beat himself. You don't need an extraordinary performance by your QB to beat any of these teams. You just need to be slightly better than terrible. Richt is banking on Rosier giving him that, and is not going to allow Perry to turn this from what could be a decent season into a disaster by continuing to throw the ball to the other team.

IMO, if Miami loses 1 more game, making Charlotte impossible, Perry and the other 2 kids will play the rest of the year in order to prepare for next year. But this year isn't over yet and Richt isn't willing to play a kid who is not doing his part off the field. It's pretty simple. So we have to live with this kid for 5+ more games. Support him, like a normal fan would.

Not at all. Richt admitted the WR ran the wrong route so he only threw one pick that was his fault.

He didnt do that. If it was about sending a message he wouldn't have started vs UVA. He was on a short leash because he is a dumb *** and then he got yanked because he looked like a deer in headlights and threw two terrible picks and was giving a game away where our D already had 3 turnovers.

Can't say I envy being a head coach of a major program and having to decide who to put under center between a senior who you know is a C+ even at his best, a knuckle head who isn't fully committed to getting better, a loose cannon who has a fetish for nose candy, and a raw freshman who isn't ready yet.

Of course, the corollary to that is it is on the staff that these are our only current options. In hindsight, it seems our ideal scenario would have been to get a veteran transfer for this year (like shea or burrow - tho im aware we werent in the running for either) and then hope over the course of the year either kosi gets his head in right or williams becomes ready.

Currently its like we are at a party having to choose between the old ugly girl who shouldn't be there, the hot chick who is psycho and youre not sure its worth having her in your life just to bang her, a girl so hammered you worry it could lead to rape charges, and the smoking hot chick who youre leaning towards but youre legit not sure is 18 yet. None of these are good choices.

Yall keep saying he threw 2 terrible picks but your boy Richt admitted that the last one was on the WR.

Changes your narrative now or maybe you just want to ignore that hard truth out of the HC's mouth.

Im going to put this out there and I don`t care what anyone has to see this information is credible. My younger brother played with Harley on the lauderdale Lakes Vikings Team. The team wants Perry to start ! That`s all I am going to say about that.

Perry is not your sit in the room and study quaterback he is going to be out on the town just as much as the others from what I am hearing and I know you guys know what I mean. During the Virginia game he called audibles that were for bigger more explosives plays... Now we understand why he is benched because for rosier even tho we know Roiser can`t throw at least he is going to due EXACTLY what Richt wants even tho he sucks.

Now this is the thing Richt wants Perry to be the quarterback but the Hotshot gunslinger mentality can be your greatest upside and biggest downfall. Richt`s play calling does confuse a lot of people in the program but from the source the offense is good enough to win games but the execution is a big problem but everyone`s question is how can the defense execute at such a high level but the offense can`t even move the ball.

Richt and im saying this for sure needs to bring in a Quaterback Coach ASAP because they are question the **** out of his son that I know for sure !
If the kid audibles for big plays and he throws into triple coverage which produces a horrible interception, then he deserves to be benched. Benching will teach him to think a bit more and get into the film review room.

Advertisement

He allowed Malik to continue throwing the ball to the tune of 4 str8 losses into this year.

if Richt is using that theory then it doesn't hold any water and he's on verge of losing the team.

The team knows who is better.

Richt last 10 years with QB's..i can't trust it.

SO just to clarify a bit. If what I read on another site is correct...

Perry changed the play on the second INT. When he came off the field CMR asked him what he saw that led him to change the play. Perry responded by saying, "Don't worry. I got this." When CMR pressed him for a response, Perry snapped at CMR and walked away. He was benched at that point.

I told yall this type of stuff was coming.

Miami fans and insiders are kings of this type of nonsense.

I saw a kid throw two horrible punch-you-in-the-gut-expel- all-the-air-of-a-drive-interceptions, after the Defense, playing their asses off handed him Turnovers.

Plus he played like crap against FSU and helped us get into a 20-point deficit. He didn't win that game as much as FSU lost it (because of Defense and crowd). A coach can only take so much.

We simply don't have a talented team leader (or even adequate) QB available right now, and a bad OL compounds that.

You're going to ignore the words out of the HC's own mouth that the WR ran the wrong route on the 2nd interception.

Doesn't fit your narrative right.

A kid like Baker Mayfield could never thrive under Richt.

Yall keep saying he threw 2 terrible picks but your boy Richt admitted that the last one was on the WR.

Changes your narrative now or maybe you just want to ignore that hard truth out of the HC's mouth.
You must have missed my other post above. Yes, Harley may have run that route wrong. That doesnt change the fact it also may very well have been a play nkosi shouldnt have changed to (if that rumor is true) or a ball he shouldnt have tried to force to harley in that coverage regardless.

If youre defending Perry's play in Charlottesville last weekend, then we must have been watching different games.

Advertisement
Back