NKosi Perry Benched for Audibles and Going Out

You were rolling along there, telling the truth...then you got lost. The issue with Perry changing plays (if that is a thing that even happens) is that he doesn't do it well. It's not like he lit it up and won the game then Richt benched him because he didn't win the right way.

Those other guys weren't coming down on their criminal players, but those criminals were getting it done on the field.

He just came off a 4 TD game and comeback win against FSU..

Advertisement
The source also said watch how Duggins is cursing out the receivers for not blocking good. Everyone did not execute against Virginia. It’s not as plain as people make it to hire an offense coordinator, if execution is not there nothing will work
Common sense maybe but seems worth pointing out... If execution is as much (or even more) at fault as (TB/CR)play-calling for poor results, one might see some justification to punish Perry with cutting play-time for overdoing the audibles and going out and not studying, etc. If other hard-working/extra-serious guys see this go forth, as well as the less than stellar execution, they might naturally slack off some themselves; its only human.

That being said, if CR and staff can't stay up until the wee hours studying films and opponents and come up with helpful new looks and schemes, that's not gonna encourage best effort either. What a mess.

STOP RECRUITING QBs FROM FLORIDA.

We signed 3 QB from Florida since Richt has been here and the results: One has already transferred (Allison), Another has poor work ethic (Perry), and the last one is on his last strike and is currently serving a 4 game suspension (Weldon).

Does anyone even remember Randy Shannon's tenure here? Plagued with a bunch of terrible QBs all from Florida.

Yet, there are a ton of State of Florida QBs that play elsewhere and succeed.

Sometimes, the problem isn't everyone else...sometimes the problem is YOU.

Advertisement
The above while True is misleading. He had a 40% completion rate. Our D won that game.
I agree Stats were not good,
After FSU Perry was riding high as BMOC. Sometimes in life one needs to be humbled to become better player.

LOL ... brad had no leadership what so ever

But can't knock Kaayak for not putting in the work. Perry is a knucklehead. He's already been placed on double secret probation and blew it. You can't convince a teenager who has no interest in learning to spend hours studying film. It sucks, there are more fun things to do. I don't doubt that Rosier puts in time in the film room, he just doesn't have the talent (or at least Ricks system magnifies his flaws).

So I get not starting Perry if he is ignoring Rick and just throwing to his favorite receivers. I don't get why Williams isn't on the field unless Rick believes in the antiquated notion that all freshmen qbs should redshirt.

What about Searles? Not impressed with his coaching either. Our offensive line should be a lot better than it is, with the athletes we have.
If the OL "talented athletes" are that talented, yeah the coach deserves blame for not coaching up their execution. But I wonder if the mess at QB, team dissention and all hinted at lately, how the personnel choices are being made, etc... are a reason for their frequent lack of efficacy as well? If that's not clear; I mean: let's say you know your assignment and block like **** and the QB has a pocket or time, but then for whatever reason the play goes bust and bust again. Are you gonna maybe slack off a bit after the 10th time this happens?

Advertisement
If this is true then why did Richt publicly blame Harley for that INT?
Could be a combination of it all. Perry has an audible option but elects to use it in a situation he shouldn't have; Harley runs the route on the audible to the wrong side of the safety; Perry forces it to his boy anyhow because that's what he mentally committed to at the time he audibled and it leads to a pick; CMR loses his sh-t at the realization that this is the exact type of sh-t that happens when you aren't committed enough to learning and yanks him for his senior.

Makes a whole lot more sense than this idiotic "Richt just wants to get paid and doesnt care if we win" bullsh-t that's been spewed on here all afternoon. And if that scenario is true, its probably just a microcosm of a lot more of that kind of sh-t thats been going on behind the curtains that us fans are not privy to.

Richt isnt just blindly dedicated to Rosier or he would never have benched him for Perry, especially coming off a good game vs Toledo. He knows Rosier is limited, but its starting to look clear that his only other options are a knuckle head, a basket case and a potential talent who is still too green.

He just came off a 4 TD game and comeback win against FSU..

Then he sucked it and threw 2 picks.

No doubt he should have gone back in the game - he needs to learn to deal with pressure - but he's not a star yet.

I know I'm in the minority, but I generally don't believe in special treatment for star players, I think it sends the wrong message to everyone else on the team. But if you're going to do it, I think players need to earn it. Perry hasn't played long enough to have earned it in my opinion.

Then he sucked it and threw 2 picks.

No doubt he should have gone back in the game - he needs to learn to deal with pressure - but he's not a star yet.

I know I'm in the minority, but I generally don't believe in special treatment for star players, I think it sends the wrong message to everyone else on the team. But if you're going to do it, I think players need to earn it. Perry hasn't played long enough to have earned it in my opinion.
Less about the amount of time he's been here and more about his dedication to his craft (or lack thereof) since he's been here. But I agree with your point.

Could be a combination of it all. Perry has an audible option but elects to use it in a situation he shouldn't have; Harley runs the route on the audible to the wrong side of the safety; Perry forces it to his boy anyhow because that's what he mentally committed to at the time he audibled and it leads to a pick; CMR loses his sh-t at the realization that this is the exact type of sh-t that happens when you aren't committed enough to learning and yanks him for his senior.

Makes a whole lot more sense than this idiotic "Richt just wants to get paid and doesnt care if we win" bullsh-t that's been spewed on here all afternoon. And if that scenario is true, its probably just a microcosm of a lot more of that kind of sh-t thats been going on behind the curtains that us fans are not privy to.

Richt isnt just blindly dedicated to Rosier or he would never have benched him for Perry, especially coming off a good game vs Toledo. He knows Rosier is limited, but its starting to look clear that his only other options are a knuckle head, a basket case and a potential talent who is still too green.

Mork Rich is blindly dedicated to keeping his $4 million dollar a year job. And his son's job. And his wife's job.

I reckon he will throw everyone else under the bus before he lets his retirement tour fail.

Advertisement
Another interesting wrinkle to this is that a bunch of people (myself included) were ripping CMR all week for not calling more dump downs and quick short throws early to get Perry comfortable. Now we are potentially learning that CMR may **** well have been doing exactly that, but Perry was audibleing to more "explosive" plays. And explosive turned out to mean forcing dangerous throws and ultimately giving the ball back to UVA instead of capitalizing on 3 first half turnovers by the D.

If true, I would have benched his *** too and looked just as ****ed off as CMR did at the time of the benching and when he came out of the lockeroom at halftime.

Feels like the real story is starting to come together now.

A player with Perry's study/work habits combined with Jon Richt as the QB coach is a horrible combination....
Ya got weak Malweak, and now Perry's troubling make-up seems to be revealed. Weldon with the strike2 for you-know-what, and some saying JW is guilty of same curricular attitude as Perry. Yeah, I wouldn't want to give Jon Richt any medals or extensions, OTOH I wouldn't want his problem challenges for all the Tea in China.

Ya got weak Malweak, and now Perry's troubling make-up seems to be revealed. Weldon with the strike2 for you-know-what, and some saying JW is guilty of same curricular attitude as Perry. Yeah, I wouldn't want to give Jon Richt any medals or extensions, OTOH I wouldn't want his problem challenges for all the Tea in China.

They have tea in China? I thought they only ate rice and orange chicken.

Advertisement
Mork Rich is blindly dedicated to keeping his $4 million dollar a year job. And his son's job. And his wife's job.

I reckon he will throw everyone else under the bus before he lets his retirement tour fail.
I give you great credit for passionately sticking to your talking points, CD.

This program desperately needs a grad transfer and most likely a JUCO kid to step in immediately at the QB position. We can hope that Perry and Williams get it together, but immature kids that have the world at their feet tend to not grow up, unless something crazy happens. Kids that get it, usually get it pretty quickly once they hit campus. If you are chasing them around campus freshman year, it's tough to imagine them not being this way forever.

Maybe they not teaching him how to read the defenses properly. Consider this the only qb that has been decent under richt in miami was kaaya and he play 2 years under another coach. Whole room has looked like garbage from what we have seen. I’ll say it again one student fails its on the student whole class fails its on the teacher.
Kaaya looked better under richt oline in 2016 was main reason we lost 4 but that 5 game win streak I say it again if kaaya a njoku had stayed and not turned pro.I believe in 2017 we would've made that playoff.

I give you great credit for passionately sticking to your talking points, CD.

It's honestly hard being this correct all the time.

I have a friend that has Hyperthymesia. He says it's much more of a curse than a blessing.

I feel his pain.

Advertisement
Back