Njoku

His brother is coming next year ain't he? Maybe that will keep him here so he can watch over him

His brother said in an interview from early this year something to the effect of "If I get to play with David too, that'll be great."

He's not on anyone's draft prognostications because people only give a cursory look at our games. Njoku hasn't had a marquee break out game that did their jobs for them. We haven't been good his entire career. Jake Butt isn't half the prospect 86 is, and he's like #2 on McShame's Top 5. People love OJ Howard because of one freaking game, it just happened to be the right game.

Njoku is elite. Needs to fix those hands, but I hope like crazy he comes back.

Agreed.

I think he'll have a spot light on him next year. There's two aspects that he needs to focus on: Run blocking and consistency with catching. He has 1st round potential, but NFL teams want to see consistency more than anything.

Advertisement
another year...plus Kayaa is his boy both of them come back...he needs to work on his inline game abit...He also looked like he gained weight in the mid section alil bit. He comes out next year and he is a top 5 te as a sr

Now he's fat lol

These last 2 games is the first ive been really impressed with him in his career. Hes finally putting it together. As of now, he gets picked up 3rd round when he blows up the combine. Keeps this rate up next year and improve the hands, and hes a first round pick. Loads of potential.

Advertisement
He's career at the U hasn't surpassed Jimmy Graham's. He will be back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Actually it has. Jimmy played one year, and was a specialty player. I love it when people forget what truly happened. Jimmy had the dropsies at times too, but I guess people forgot about that VTech game. That said, Njoku could use some more seasoning, he needs to be a better inline blocker, and he has to be a more consistent pass catcher. That's the difference between him being a second day guy, and a guy hearing his name called in primetime on day one.

You're right. My God do some people have a limited memory about Graham's UM career. I specifically remember people citing the kid's life story and pleasant demeanor in imploring people to give him a break during moments of extreme criticism from our fanbase.

He comes back to play a year with his younger brother.

JMHO

Needs to work on his hands and run blocking.

Agree. I think he does the NFL advisory process..comes back with a 3rd round grade and chooses to stay one more year and play with his bro.

I think Richt will make sure to convince him that he and AR will be the focal points again next year.

Advertisement
I think him and kayya comes back they have alot to gain and a little to lose by coming back.

no one leaves, with any brains, unless they have a clear first round grade. chances are both get second/third round grades. the math says, if you get drafted in the first, you'll make more in one year than three ( first nil contract is three years ) in the other rounds. it's finically in their best interest to stay and move up. there's insurance to protect them from injury.

I think Njoku is only a solid player because of his physical abilities. By that I mean he has a few things he doesn't do well, but his physical stature and abilities get him by. To me he doesn't run crisp routes, get the defender off balance or guess wrong on the route. Doesn't square up and present a big target for the QB. Needs catch better. My pet p with him is that he doesn't lower his pad level and finish runs. He tends to run out of bounds instead of taking on smaller defenders and getting those YAC yards or possibly breaking away for a score. Kid needs to play with more speed, emotion and aggression IMO.

Advertisement
Best TE I have seen this year is SC's. His catches last night were incredible.

I think the kid from miss st is the best I've seen. Njoku won't be a traditional te at the next level. He'll play the Arron Hernandez role of a wr/te. I expect him to be a star at the next level, if he lands with the right team

I think Njoku is only a solid player because of his physical abilities. By that I mean he has a few things he doesn't do well, but his physical stature and abilities get him by. To me he doesn't run crisp routes, get the defender off balance or guess wrong on the route. Doesn't square up and present a big target for the QB. Needs catch better. My pet p with him is that he doesn't lower his pad level and finish runs. He tends to run out of bounds instead of taking on smaller defenders and getting those YAC yards or possibly breaking away for a score. Kid needs to play with more speed, emotion and aggression IMO.

Disagree he finishes runs. It's takes more than 1 person to get him down more often than not

Advertisement
Somebody will get in his ear and tell him he'll become a 1st rounder at the combine. I don't expect him back even though he should come back.

Njoku needs to come back. He could come out after this year but he is still too raw despite his size and freakish athletic ability. Another year of hard work and experience will do wonders for him as an NFL prospect. Basically if he stays he will be a first round pick in 2018. We have some insane talent coming back next year. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Not calling myself an insider by any means, but had a friend who was hanging with him the week of the ND game and he said he's gone

Take it with a grain of salt of course. Not the best move for him in my opinion, think he should stay

Advertisement
Back