NIT Final Four

Advertisement
Well, if yer gonna get bumped from the NCAA dance, winning the NIT is a nice way to handle it. Love that the team is getting extensive playoff experience. Seriously bummed for Jekiri not playing in the finals. Go CANES!

Well, if yer gonna get bumped from the NCAA dance, winning the NIT is a nice way to handle it. Love that the team is getting extensive playoff experience. Seriously bummed for Jekiri not playing in the finals. Go CANES!

We would have beaten Temple by 15 points if he played the whole game

I was only able to catch a couple minutes here and there during the game with no sound. I was wondering were Jekeri was, what happened to him? Any thoughts on Angel being back for the finals?
Go Canes.. another good win!

I was only able to catch a couple minutes here and there during the game with no sound. I was wondering were Jekeri was, what happened to him? Any thoughts on Angel being back for the finals?
Go Canes.. another good win!

Jekiri got smacked in the face and was bleeding from nose/mouth. He went to the locker room with about 10-12 min left in the 1st half and never returned.

Angel was in street clothes again last night...doubt he'll be back by Thursday.

Advertisement
Tonye got a concussion. He's out for Thursday. I highly doubt Angel plays either.
It was a gutsy win without those two. But winning Thursday without Jekiri is a tall order. We still seem unorganized on the offensive end and at least Jekiri gave us a focal point to feed in and go from there. But we can't count these kids out ever, let's hope they play their best game yet.

Tonye got a concussion. He's out for Thursday. I highly doubt Angel plays either.
It was a gutsy win without those two. But winning Thursday without Jekiri is a tall order. We still seem unorganized on the offensive end and at least Jekiri gave us a focal point to feed in and go from there. But we can't count these kids out ever, let's hope they play their best game yet.

We can feed Sherman. Granted he's not a 7 footer, but he's a good athletic inside presence.

I was at the Garden last night and the place lived up to its name. I was amazed by the number of Canes fans in NY. The arena was about 75% full and at least 1/2 were Canes fans. The guys played great without their starting point guard and center. Watch the highlights, they look like the best team in the country sometimes.
The game turned around when Laranega went to man to man, the athleticism of the Canes was too much for Temple. They should stick with man.

I sat behind a Temple fan from Philadelphia and when I mentioned Golden he laughed and declined to take him back.

GO CANES!!!!! BEAT STANFORD

Advertisement

Stalling up 7 with 3 + to go was a mistake. You gotta stay aggressive in that situation. It almost cost us.

Going to have to play and up and down tempo to beat Stanford. They have one 6'11 kid in Nastic, but he's hardly a bruiser, so we are going to have to out-execute them and defend. Chasson Randle is about as good a guard as we'll see this year. Wouldn't shock me if Coach L sticks Davon and his size on him (6'6 vs 6'2).

On paper, I think we match up well.

Stalling up 7 with 3 + to go was a mistake. You gotta stay aggressive in that situation. It almost cost us.

That got real ugly and I wish they would stop doing that. They wind up taking a jump shot with the clock running out and a miss leads to points at the other end more times than not.

Going to have to play and up and down tempo to beat Stanford. They have one 6'11 kid in Nastic, but he's hardly a bruiser, so we are going to have to out-execute them and defend. Chasson Randle is about as good a guard as we'll see this year. Wouldn't shock me if Coach L sticks Davon and his size on him (6'6 vs 6'2).

On paper, I think we match up well.

My impression after watching 1/2 of that game was that we could beat both teams if we play the way we played against Temple.

Advertisement
Stanford definitely has size on us with 3 contributors who are 6-8+, and our tallest guys being ICU at 6-10 and Sherman at 6-8 (neither of them really rebound).

We need to beat them with our athleticism.

This should be our starting five:

G- Lecomte
G- Sheldon
G- Reed
F- Sherman
C- Cruz-Uceda

Coming off the bench:

G- Burnett
G- Newton
G- Palmer
C- Thomas (Will have to get some PT to give ICU a rest)

Last edited:
Great win last night with Jekiri and Rodriguez out. Congrats to the Canes. But I will say the team needs to improve it's shot selection. Temple was really cold shooting. Enjoyed Bobby Knights commentary it was right on.

Great win last night with Jekiri and Rodriguez out. Congrats to the Canes. But I will say the team needs to improve it's shot selection. Temple was really cold shooting. Enjoyed Bobby Knights commentary it was right on.

Low basketball iq on this team. I dont understand the 3 point shot attempts from a mile away with 25 seconds remaining on the shot clock.

Advertisement
coach L ****ed up last night not fouling late.....we again were lucky

Stanford is very beatable...hopefully we get an early jump MAYBE

Alright fellas!

Do the short-handed Cardiac 'Canes have one more left in the tank?

Advertisement
Back