NIT Final Four

Are the excuses supposed to make me feel better about losing or something? And please point out my Al Golden platform TIA
Every time I tuned in the game it was right wheb there was a ****ing stupid turnover. Absolute failure to not beat inferior Stanford

wow, what an admittedly uninformed, ignorant post

So countless retarded turnovers at the worst times were okay? Lulz Lets blame the refs tho because we kept it close by being careless and give everyone a gold medal for trying!

You serious?

3 of the top 6(on an 9 man rotation) are injured, and we lose a championship game in overtime due to some borderline fouls with 3 seconds left.

And that's the platform you're going to use to complain about Al Golden?

**** you. That game was awesome and terrible and emotional. But it was the exact opposite of recent Miami athletics.

Yo dude, with all due respect, take that stuff to football board.
Overall, it was a good season.
This loss sux, but it happens.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The game was decided by a bull**** call with 3 seconds left. Why is it always ok to **** over the Canes with bad calls in the final moments of a national final game?

People complaining about anything but the refs need to kill themselves. Playing without Rodriguez, Jekiri, and then without Cruz-Uceda for half of the 2nd half and we still almost win.

Congrats to the basketball team for what should be considered a very good season. This team didn't even exist in any way shape or form 12 months ago. IMHO it was a great coaching job by Larranga to get them this far. Too bad a ****** ******* call robbed them of a well deserved trophy. This experience well pay big dividends for us next year in the ACC and the NCAA tournament.

I think that this season is difficult to evaluate because of how good we looked and where it seemed we stood after the win at Duke, to then see us struggle down the stretch in the ACC and miss out on the tourney. This was a brand new team to start the year, to then have to integrate Uceda, and then to lose Angel for the latter part of the year, we did overcome a lot. Even with that, we still should have made the tourney (both on our shoulders and the committee's shoulders), and when we missed the tourney should have won the NIT (on our shoulders some, on injuries some, and on the officials some).

One thing that I think was really impressive about this team was how well it stepped up against good competition. While in many games against good teams we ended up trailing big, we were able to fight our way back into games (against UVA and Louisville x2) and actually win some of those games (Temple, Richmond).

However, there is no argument that if everyone comes back, with the addition of Murphy and Lawrence, we have a chance to have a deep, experienced and balanced team, with a coaching staff that we can rely upon. I hope that our guys, especially Angel, Sheldon and Jekiri, really work on their games, improve their consistency and use this year as motivation to get better. If that happens, I think we'll make serious noise in the ACC and could make a good run in the tourney.

Advertisement
This is a team no one is going to want to play next season. They have a great "never say die" attitude that will serve them well next season, IMO.
My respect and admiration for Larranaga is unwavering.

Advertisement
Back