NIL Violations?! Canes might be in trouble....or not.

Advertisement
“The last game this 2020 team played was 11 days ago. We didn’t have to play. I thought our scout team guys played well.” - Dan Mullet

It's interesting that Mullen used that excuse after Oklahoma thrashed UF, yet 90% of the supposed Miami fanbase still wants to cup Mullens balls.

Diaz's mistake was owning the UNC loss and saying he didn't get the team ready. He should have realized that Miami fans think good coaches make excuses instead of holding themselves accountable. Accountability is just fuel for the mopes.

As much as fans want to hate him, Diaz is WAY WAY ahead of the curve on NIL and that bodes well for the program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Darren helped write the Florida law so he would know what is legal or not.

I think someone might have already mentioned it in this thread, but Darren Heitner’s a Florida gaytor, and on Twitter he pronounced that it was perfectly legal.

I mean Mullen just looks like a complete jerk on this one, his own people are saying he’s wrong

Manny is a smart dude for sure. Is he a smart dude who can bring this program back to consistent relevancy? Remains to be seen.

His ability to succeed with football-adjacent issues makes me think he might be better suited for a different role, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t rooting for him.

Advertisement
What I love is that Manny has leveled the financial playing field. As I mentioned on another thread but it bears repeating, 3 and 4 star recruits at “bag” schools are likely receiving 5-20k to sign, and probably some alumni handshakes going forward if they are producing. Manny will easily bring more money to the table thru NIL.
5 stars are a different story because from personal knowledge I know a young man who was offered 100k by an SEC bag school. Players will have to become very good and marketable to receive that kind of money thru NIL. So i suspect we will always have a challenge with the 5 stars, BUT, at least we can show the 5 stars that it’s no longer an All-or-Nothing proposition between UM and the bag schools. And if we win on the field the differences in pay may become less influential.
All this to say that UM is really, really, close to controlling its own destiny again as far as attracting players.

What I love is that Manny has leveled the financial playing field. As I mentioned on another thread but it bears repeating, 3 and 4 star recruits at “bag” schools are likely receiving 5-20k to sign, and probably some alumni handshakes going forward if they are producing. Manny will easily bring more money to the table thru NIL.
5 stars are a different story because from personal knowledge I know a young man who was offered 100k by an SEC bag school. Players will have to become very good and marketable to receive that kind of money thru NIL. So i suspect we will always have a challenge with the 5 stars, BUT, at least we can show the 5 stars that it’s no longer an All-or-Nothing proposition between UM and the bag schools. And if we win on the field the differences in pay may become less influential.
All this to say that UM is really, really, close to controlling its own destiny again as far as attracting players.
I wonder what the next NIL deal for Miami is that was teased yesterday and whether its bigger than the 500k one.

Advertisement
Manny is a smart dude for sure. Is he a smart dude who can bring this program back to consistent relevancy? Remains to be seen.

His ability to succeed with football-adjacent issues makes me think he might be better suited for a different role, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t rooting for him.
Great post. Will his “intelligence” translate on the field and succeed against elite programs? I’m not sure. That being said, he’s killing the off-season and this NIL rule.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back