NIL axed for a year in Fla? Did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I want to know who added it.
There's a zero percent chance Emmert will do anything at all. Instead of ******** over athletes, why not insert language making it illegal for sanctioning bodies to fine athletes who were in compliance of the state law?

Travis Hutson? Sounds like a ****.

Half Baked Boo GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
So this *** A-hole, Hutson, snuck in a change at the 11th hour to prevent college players from benefiting from free market capitalism for another year??? F#ck that guy. I haven't voted *** in a long time but I'm going to remember this next election day. You want to ban me for bringing up the P-word? Fine, I'll take the ban. F#ck that guy.

america finger GIF

Tired of adding things to legislation. How about something on just NIL? Separate one on charter schools? Instead, if you veto this you have to veto that. Childish games is an understatement.

Advertisement
I was just reading about this, to veto the bill, DeSantis would have to veto the whole thing, there is no line item veto.

There’s other important legislation in there like charter school funding etc, that I guess they all really want to pass. And the state legislature is done in two days. They disband and then it will be too late.

Can they resubmit this bill in time to pass it if they remove the offending and NIL line? This thing looks like a mess, they may not be able to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back