Nik Bonnito-UM recruitment ramping up again?

He has been the most dominant player at STA this season and it hasn't even been close. The guy is tall, has long arms and great athletic ability. He also has a knack for making football plays. This is a guy who has all the tools to be a great football player in college.

Should he come to Miami, where do you think he fits best on defense?

I really see him as more of a LB than DE. I think he has the athleticism and natural ability to move in space as a LB, while still situationally rush the passer

Advertisement
He has been the most dominant player at STA this season and it hasn't even been close. The guy is tall, has long arms and great athletic ability. He also has a knack for making football plays. This is a guy who has all the tools to be a great football player in college.

Should he come to Miami, where do you think he fits best on defense?

I really see him as more of a LB than DE. I think he has the athleticism and natural ability to move in space as a LB, while still situationally rush the passer

You hear his name EVERY GAME going back 2-3 years.....would LOVE for him to be a Cane.

If Diaz is committed to playing on the other side of the line of scrimmage this guy's a no brainer. We need more of these rangy athletic guys on defense.

This.

The lbs don't have " Miami" speed , that's why I want Bonnito and Abdullah. That's great speed to go with Wilder and Steed.

There's too big of a drop of from the first three to the next guy in the rotation. To be all the way back we need legit backups down the roster. Depth is a must to be a regular contender.

Is he Shazier athletically?
Either way, the size, length and production doesn’t lie. Sign him, he fits our attacking style.

Advertisement
Could bonnito be a ryan shazier type of player?

Bonnito reminds me a ton of Shazier. He has the athleticism to be an every down LB.

Long term do you see him putting his hand in the dirt on obvious pass downs? He actually plays like the Joyner kid. Maybe he's the replacement?

I'd really like to get 2 of these guys

Abdullah
Bonnitto or
Joyner

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/nikolas-bonitto-kid-beast/121206/3

I still remember when it seemed like he made tons of clutch plays against St John Bosco earlier this year. Watching his highlights I feel like he could be rangy and have good speed on his pursuits but not elite. He will have to tackle a bit lower, but he doesn't seem like a "thumper" who is consistently trying to fck kids up out of sheer power, so I don't expect him to have tackling problems in the future. His pass coverage ability is likely what worries the staff the most right now.

Last edited:
Long term do you see him putting his hand in the dirt on obvious pass downs? He actually plays like the Joyner kid. Maybe he's the replacement?

I'd really like to get 2 of these guys

Abdullah
Bonnitto or
Joyner

Bonnito could definitely be a situational rusher but I like him in space. He's very light on his feet.

My guess re: Abdullah is that the staff is worried about his physicality. He is more of a drag-down tackler than thumper and he's thin. But the guy is super productive and fits the trend of faster, more versatile 3-down linebackers.

Advertisement
Could bonnito be a ryan shazier type of player? I want miami to take Joyner and bonnito at linebacker and then chatfield at dend. Add Briggs and antoher dt to go along with nesta

Dude, they’re offering OOS guys...that should give you a hint that Chatfield isn’t getting an offer from us.

They just invited him along with 2 other local dends(bonnito and kayode oladale) for the ga tech game

Bonitto is probably a LB here...and Oladele is an athletic freak...Chatfield isn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s arguably a better football player than both on the field... especially over kayode who is built like Tarzan but his game is very raw. Our most productive dlineman right now statistically is Trent Harris who is what? 6’3 230 coming out of highschool

I'm just gonna keep it 100, this kid is 10x better than Joyner. Like, it's not really comparable. Idc really if we get Joyner, Bonitto is a stud

Could bonnito be a ryan shazier type of player? I want miami to take Joyner and bonnito at linebacker and then chatfield at dend. Add Briggs and antoher dt to go along with nesta

Dude, they’re offering OOS guys...that should give you a hint that Chatfield isn’t getting an offer from us.

They just invited him along with 2 other local dends(bonnito and kayode oladale) for the ga tech game

Bonitto is probably a LB here...and Oladele is an athletic freak...Chatfield isn’t

He’s arguably a better football player than both on the field... especially over kayode who is built like Tarzan but his game is very raw. Our most productive dlineman right now statistically is Trent Harris who is what? 6’3 230 coming out of highschool

Lol, Bonitto plays two positions...literally but “he’s a better football player” no, Chatfield benefits from playing with Nesta and STA doesn’t have that type of player up front.

Advertisement

Lol, Bonitto plays two positions...literally but “he’s a better football player” no, Chatfield benefits from playing with Nesta and STA doesn’t have that type of player up front.

Chatfield has been playing varsity since his Freshman year and has been putting up big time numbers before nesta emerged, don’t be foolish. He gets after it too

Would like to see us make Bonitto a top priority no matter what happens with Joyner. Landing both would go a long way towards improving our LB depth, as they both look like three-down LBs with Miami-level athleticism.

Chatfield has been playing varsity since his Freshman year and has been putting up big time numbers before nesta emerged, don’t be foolish. He gets after it too

Yea those 6 sacks his sophomore year were so impressive, I wonder who started his junior year when he got 21.

Before you challenge me, at least know what you’re talking about....

Advertisement
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH Shizzzzy, let's get him flipped. I attended one of his games last year, I had no idea who he was, I was like who is this **** kid all over the field making plays...sheesh. Would be a HUGE addition to this class.

We haven't been recruiting him at all for a while. We just showed interest again. If we go after him hard there is a great chance he will be a Cane but we need to want him

Goes to Texas this weekend and OU in November

Advertisement
Back