Nfl free agency thread

Advertisement
crazy part is i wanted him last season. He still can play an dhas more talent than alot of our guys on the line. Stick him at one of the guard spots.

Signing a guy like Ereck Flowers for that kind of money this early in free agency is the type of stuff bad teams do.

I'm already weary of guys who were legit bums for most of their career, turn it on in a legit contract year and get big money.

Robert Gallery broke out as a bust to solid guard...signed with the Seahawks for what was at the time well above average guard money and was out of the league in two years. I don't think Flowers is that guy...at least I hope...but Flowers was on the razors edge before having a modest bounce back with Jacksonville.

Happy for Flowers as a 'Cane, but this seems like a move you'd make in Madden just to bring some 'Canes to the Dolphins.

Advertisement
I don’t want to see Teddy on the Pats. I get the feeling that’s where this is trending.

I'm a Pats fan and have been thinking about this for a while. I love Brady and think last year was more about how terrible our OL and weapons were than Brady being in steep decline. With that said, I am ready for the rebuild or retool with a new QB. Not the biggest Teddy B guy but I think he would do well with Bill.

Also Bill is notorious for letting players go a year early rather than a year too late. He's shown he has no issue letting anyone go before so I don't think he will now.

I really think Tom Brady signs with Tampa Bay and we sign a Teddy B or make a trade for a Foles or something like that. I don't love it but what can we do.

Advertisement
Signing a guy like Ereck Flowers for that kind of money this early in free agency is the type of stuff bad teams do.

I'm already weary of guys who were legit bums for most of their career, turn it on in a legit contract year and get big money.

Robert Gallery broke out as a bust to solid guard...signed with the Seahawks for what was at the time well above average guard money and was out of the league in two years. I don't think Flowers is that guy...at least I hope...but Flowers was on the razors edge before having a modest bounce back with Jacksonville.

Happy for Flowers as a 'Cane, but this seems like a move you'd make in Madden just to bring some 'Canes to the Dolphins.

Yea....no. They paid him 10mil. Something he was gonna get on this market. Or they could have reached and paid more for the Patriots bum interior ol that are gonna get more than Flowers.

Gallery went out with injuries and never was that good. Flowers left The Jiants and their ol is still terrible. Flowers wasnt bad at guard last season and legitmately has more than 6 years of play left barring injury...he aint 26 yet.

He maybe hitting his prime...and is better than the absolute dogsh*t we have on our OL.

**** they talking to Jones for when Xavier Rhodes and Chris Harris Jr are in the market? The man is still getting paid because of his combine.

Xavier Rhodes may be worse than Jones. Good lord he is cooked.

Out of that group i rather just run Aquib Talib old *** back and draft another cb.

Nik Needham was a guy i didnt think was an nfl player and by the end of the year he was respectable.

Advertisement
Yea....no. They paid him 10mil. Something he was gonna get on this market. Or they could have reached and paid more for the Patriots bum interior ol that are gonna get more than Flowers.

Gallery went out with injuries and never was that good. Flowers left The Jiants and their ol is still terrible. Flowers wasnt bad at guard last season and legitmately has more than 6 years of play left barring injury...he aint 26 yet.

He maybe hitting his prime...and is better than the absolute dogsh*t we have on our OL.

He's getting paid Top 15 guard money. He was consistently one of the lowest rated tackles in football before he bounced back with Jacksonville, and even then he was pretty average for them in only a backup role.

Flowers "breakout" per PFFs metrics was still only credited as being "above average" (64 grade in 2019).

Top 15 guard money? Ehhhhh. I'm not saying its not market value, but tbh, idk, I wouldn't pay the man Top 15 guard money, but the league is wild. He's going to have to make an exponential leap - still - in play to even match the value of that deal. Average PFF grade among the Top 10 highest paid guards is a 74. So, if you're paying him that money you got to expect another significant leap in play moving forward.

Out of that group i rather just run Aquib Talib old *** back and draft another cb.

Nik Needham was a guy i didnt think was an nfl player and by the end of the year he was respectable.
Go get Darius slay who wants out of Detroit right now to pair with Xavien Howard

Shaq Lawson. Good traits and last season he broke out in limited snaps. Similar upside signing like Shaq Barrett last year.

I disagree that he’s got Shaq Barrett upside. Rushing the passer isn’t Lawsons game. He’s a great to elite at being a run stopper but is average getting after the QB. 8 sacks would be a great year for him but idk if that makes him worth $10 million a year

Advertisement
10M for a 6.5 sack guy for a ****ty team seems like fair market. Shaq Lawson deal is going to be alright.

Top 20 highest paid EDGE players, you paid a little south of 2M per sack in 2019. That number fluctuates a little bit. Some years its like 1.7, some 1.9.

If you can get 1.5 per sack, you've got a solid deal in free agency.

Put it this way, an age 24 Yannick Ngakoue, an 8 sack, 72 grade from PFF EDGE has a cap hold of over 17 million dollars next year and will get a significant deal.

Lawson is 25, had 6.5 sacks last year and a 68 grade from PFF and you're paying him 10M.

Last edited:

he just made a pro bowl didn’t he?

Case Keenum played for Browns new HC Kevin Stefanski at Minnesota in 2017.

Keenum the all time leader in passing yards in College history, could end up getting a few starts again if Baker Mayfield continues to falter next season.

Advertisement
Back