NFL draft thread

He can come back to get his degree. I'm sure being in college for 3 years.. He earned some credits. He might only need a semester or two worth of credit. Guys have gone back before. Again folks concern themselves with the wildest of things. I'll just say I disagree with your thought process, but keep the narrative going.

Fundamentally I guess we will have to agree to disagree. If you run out of that NFL money before you go back to get said Bachelor's degree (happens more often than not.... Joe Yearby) then good luck with that $50k tuition for the year

Advertisement
He can come back to get his degree. I'm sure being in college for 3 years.. He earned some credits. He might only need a semester or two worth of credit. Guys have gone back before. Again folks concern themselves with the wildest of things. I'll just say I disagree with your thought process, but keep the narrative going.
I don't think anyone here is concerned with the "wildest of things". Its a statistical probability that RJ won't be receiving a second contract. I certainly hope he and every Canes player makes it 10+ years, but the facts are that its highly unlikely. His signing bonus will be about $300k, great money, but the only guarantee he'll get. If he came back he's likely between $2-4.5 million guaranteed.

He's not the one with the narrative.

We all want RJ to do well, but he has a lot more talent than he is getting paid for.

If he'd listened to the advice of the many rather than the few, he'd have returned to UM, showed another season of strength gains and developed some game on 3rd down. Those are his questions, strength and exactly what he can do for you on a very tight NFL roster.

He could have improved by 2 rounds easily. That's real money, millions of dollars and the team has more invested in you. Falling as far as he did, behind so many other DTs shows you the NFL is already unsure of whether or not they want to put the extra time into his development.

These aren't narratives, these are facts.

My favorite narrative:. The Ballaz on this board who act like an extra $1 to $3 million ain't worth their time. Lulz

Ended up being a decent decision for Walton, 4th round isn't bad and RB's years are limited. Crowded backfield in Cincinnati but I think he will succeed.

Yeah he probably goes higher if he wasn’t hurt but running backs need to get that money while they can.

I don't think anyone here is concerned with the "wildest of things". Its a statistical probability that RJ won't be receiving a second contract. I certainly hope he and every Canes player makes it 10+ years, but the facts are that its highly unlikely. His signing bonus will be about $300k, great money, but the only guarantee he'll get. If he came back he's likely between $2-4.5 million guaranteed.
I get your stats, but I also know nothing is guaranteed. Plenty of guys got drafted late and become 10 year pros. That "if" you speak of is big "if". Let's say he came back and suffered a season ending knee injury after the 2nd game. Then what would his guarantees look like. I am saying we know stats and we know probabilities. I am saying you all are worried about his money. Let's have this same conversation May 1 of 2021 and see if he's working on contract #2 or he's headed to another profession.

Advertisement
I'm watching the draft and notice that the team that claims to be WRU still hasn't had a WR drafted. I thought Cain was suppose to go higher.

I get your stats, but I also know nothing is guaranteed. Plenty of guys got drafted late and become 10 year pros. That "if" you speak of is big "if". Let's say he came back and suffered a season ending knee injury after the 2nd game. Then what would his guarantees look like. I am saying we know stats and we know probabilities. I am saying you all are worried about his money. Let's have this same conversation May 1 of 2021 and see if he's working on contract #2 or he's headed to another profession.
If he came back he likely would've gotten an insurance policy, and had a good payout if he were to have knee injury. I don't think anyone is wrong for wanting him to be able to maximize his value. Its a business and in business you take risks, but calculated risks, and the stats and probabilities are important.

Who was those other running backs that went to UF that we use to argue about that he said was better than Walton?
Jordan Scarlett and Jordan Cronkite who transferred to USF. I remember blackvern absolutely ****ting on Walton before he even stepped foot on campus. Bout how he was to slow, nothing special about him, and he was just a good hs running back. Like he had some special insight because he is an AP down their.

Advertisement
Congrats to Walton! I have A LOT of crow to eat on this one. Didn't think he would ever go this high, but he lands in a good situation. They probably view high am Gio Bernards replacement.

Yeah FŪCK YOU

You spent the better part of 18 months of post after post shltting on this guy.

Fourth round, motherfūcker. I never responded to your ignorance until now.

How does it feel to have been so completely wrong and have wasted over a year of your life with hundreds of bullshlt posts running down one of our own, a guy who bled for this team.

Go swallow a live hand grenade

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, Shaquiall Griffin said Miami was his dream school but he turned us down because we didnt offer his brother.

Advertisement
Back