NFL draft thread

Advertisement
Not at all - I'm definitely amazed...but Walton Herndon and Thomas have all gone much higher than I would've thought. I'm happy for them.

But you couldn't be more right, and I couldn't be more wrong on our Walton disagreements.

I haven't been this wrong since I said no way Phillip Dorsett goes in the 1st round - haha.
All good just messin' with you. The reason why I always went so hard for Walton is because he's an even greater guy off the field than he was on & on the field he was a warrior.

Walton will never be a guy who has perfect measurables or prototypical combine test numbers, but what he does have is insurmountable heart. Kid is a worker & the type that would die on the field for his team, you can't measure that with a stopwatch. He's also a **** good reciever out of the backfield & was great in pass protection.

Last edited:
Lost a lot of money. 5 Rd to undraftefd free agent is little difference

I agree that RJ made a mistake, but 5th round is undeniably better than un-drafted free agent. RJ is getting about 300k in a signing bonus and a 2.7 million dollar deal. That's better than what undrafted free agents get

In terms of salary the difference from the 3-7 rounds isnt much. 5th round is probably the latest you would wanna be drafted if want a decent signing bonus.

Advertisement
tell the undrafted FA's if they would rather be drafted in the 5th round. Man dude just got drafted by an elite franchise. Congrats RJ!!

I am interested in seeing how many declared JRs get drafted, and in what round. There has to be a stat for this. It can only discourage future kids for thinking short term...

Funny our best senior is the first guy we have drafted...

Advertisement
In terms of salary the difference from the 3-7 rounds isnt much. 5th round is probably the latest you would wanna be drafted if want a decent signing bonus.
In last year's draft, the first pick of the 3rd round had a total contract value of $3.9 mil, and Stacy Coley, the first pick of the 7th round, had a total value of $2.5 mil. The 3rd round pick had a signing bonus of $981k vs $97k for Stacy

One of these teams need to pick up my dude, Braxton Berrios. All these WR getting love but the one that matters in these rounds.

RJ could have been a little bit higher , but I think teams knew he would be a steal. Still trying to figure out why Norton even came out, he was a year or two away. Rooting for both of them to succeed, but these young men need to stop listening to some agents who feed him them so bull**** completely contradictory to the advisory board. Especially agents that have only 3 or 4 years representing NFL players smh. I know it's tough seeing old teammates come back stunting while you're making **** in college, I get it, but no need to rush the process.

Advertisement
Why are y'all worried about his money... I'm glad he gets a shot to live out his dreams..

Some of y'all are so butt hurt. Then you go well the average NFL life is 3.5 years.. blah blah blah.. Congratulations and I hope he makes it to his second contract.

Last edited:
Why are y'all worried about his money... I'm glad he gets a shot to live out his family

I'm worried bout his money and his future cause he is a Cane and a great person! No degree and left a lot of money on the table..... Not a good decision. I wish him the very best and all the success in the world but if you make a bad decision the only way to learn from it personally and other people learning is being called out on it.

Advertisement
RJ could have been a little bit higher , but I think teams knew he would be a steal. Still trying to figure out why Norton even came out, he was a year or two away. Rooting for both of them to succeed, but these young men need to stop listening to some agents who feed him them so bull**** completely contradictory to the advisory board. Especially agents that have only 3 or 4 years representing NFL players smh. I know it's tough seeing old teammates come back stunting while you're making **** in college, I get it, but no need to rush the process.

It's partly agents, partly bad advice, but the real culprit is a mentality where just being drafted anywhere is "OK." You have to get players who won't quit until they're a Day 1 pick. It's a mentality we need to kill.

It's partly agents, partly bad advice, but the real culprit is a mentality where just being drafted anywhere is "OK." You have to get players who won't quit until they're a Day 1 pick. It's a mentality we need to kill.

Agreed! I also think it's a double edge sword having a University in a city like Miami. It's paradise, but they're exposed to the glitz and glamour more frequently than, let's say, Clemson SC. I'm sure they've been to Njoku's Miami beach pent house, and other players crib, so I get it. But patience is a virtue that's hard to learn in South Florida.

BOOM! Also you can get hurt in the NFL and get cut like a bad habbit. Who knows what gonna happen. Get a degree while it's free and increase your value! This I want it now and that's ok bull spit mentality is wrong. End of story.

I'm worried bout his money and his future cause he is a Cane and a great person! No degree and left a lot of money on the table..... Not a good decision. I wish him the very best and all the success in the world but if you make a bad decision the only way to learn from it personally and other people learning is being called out on it.
He can come back to get his degree. I'm sure being in college for 3 years.. He earned some credits. He might only need a semester or two worth of credit. Guys have gone back before. Again folks concern themselves with the wildest of things. I'll just say I disagree with your thought process, but keep the narrative going.

Advertisement
Back