NFL Draft Profile: DT RJ McIntosh

That swim move is deadly. He can be a backup 3-4 DE next year and steadily improve. I think both he and Norton would've been round 2-3 guys in 2019, but certainly not round 1.

Advertisement
As sure as the sun rises in the east, Canes players will keep leaving early when they shouldn't. The only guy who made the right move was Walton, and that was because he wasn't going to get better and Homer was going to take his carries. He's a 4th-6th rounder tomorrow, and would have been a 4th-6th rounder next year. RJ and Norton made terrible mistakes by leaving now. Both of them had a lot of upside in returning.
You could make an argument that Walton woulda been better off NOT returning this past year.

McInstosh had a terrible off-season. Had a chance to be late-1st pick and then the off-season happened. Was out of his hands unfortunately, but it had a big impact on his stock.

I agree that their decisions were not good ones, but I think it’s a bit naïve to act like there’s no reasonable explanation for where this is coming from.

We bill ourselves as NFL U. We sell that on the recruiting trail, and it’s pumped into their heads from the day they get here. They are surrounded by NFL alums, and we make it a point to emphasize that. They are inundated with this NFL connection before they ever get here. Frankly, it doesn’t shock me that they many of our guys have an eye toward the NFL early on and bounce as soon as thy get a chance.

Now, I hope we are instilling a culture that emphasizes staying to finish what you started, helping Miami get back to winning championships, etc. and I’d like to think that we can change the trend to some degree, but I think we will always have to deal with this. Maybe more so than a lot of teams.

Advertisement
Good thing he didn’t want to get double teamed. Now he’s gonna get double teamed in a practice squad

Advertisement
This is a big reason why this program can't get over the hump because players that aren't ready for the NFL keep leaving early. I don't buy Walton leaving early either, unless he had his degree already. These dudes play the NFL draft like its the lottery instead of taking advantage of the opportunity they have at securing a future with that degree.

Very good point.

Frankly surprised at RJ's slide. Had him pegged for late 3rd/early 4th at worst. They must really think he's undersized. He got bad advice, but it seems like we say this every year and nothing changes. maybe the Rams pick him up with one of their upcoming picks and he ends up playing next to Suh and everything works out nicely..

Advertisement
McInstosh had a terrible off-season. Had a chance to be late-1st pick and then the off-season happened. Was out of his hands unfortunately, but it had a big impact on his stock.

He never had a chance to be a 1st round pick this year(and even next if he stayed) How the **** was it out of his hands?

Advertisement
They know they messed up lets not pile up on them. Do you guys think those comments about worried about double teams if only one of them left hurt them? If you are worried about double teams in the ACC, what are you going to do in the NFL

Advertisement
Back