NFL Draft NFL Combine Thread

What's your thoughts on stingley?
Gifted with very high upside & good ball skills.

The 2nd best CB in the draft, the only thing that holds him back is he sometimes gets too overly confident in his athletic ability & plays lazy in coverage when he doesn’t respect the WR in front of him.

When he’s healthy & he’s on, he’s a really really good Corner, but he’s dealt with a number of injuries throughout his career & if you’re a GM the main thing you wanna find out with him is how much does he absolutely love Football & is he relentless worker? From everything I’ve heard he checks off the boxes in that department, but it’s something to monitor if you plan on drafting him in the top 10.

I haven’t talked much about him because there’s no way on Earth he’ll still be available at 14 lol, he’s a lottery pick player without question.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gifted with very high upside & good ball skills.

The 2nd best CB in the draft, the only thing that holds him back is he sometimes gets too overly confident in his athletic ability & plays lazy in coverage when he doesn’t respect the WR in front of him.

When he’s healthy & he’s on, he’s a really really good Corner, but he’s dealt with a number of injuries throughout his career & if you’re a GM the main thing you wanna find out with him is how much does he absolutely Football & is he relentless worker? From everything I’ve heard he checks off the boxes in that department, but it’s something to monitor if you plan on drafting him in the top 10.

I haven’t talked much about him because there’s no way on Earth he’ll still be available at 14 lol, he’s a lottery pick player without question.
I was mostly just curious cuz I saw one of the nfl network guys mocked him to us and I thought he was top 10 maybe 8. Was curious if I was missing something. My ability to break down dbs is I can tell if someone is bad lol. The small intricacies of footwork, eye discipline, and hand usage are lost on me.

Advertisement
Yup at 210...that's a solid number.

The guy speaking said at 205 the base line will be sub 4.6.. Bubba got that. I always guessed him to be 4.55-4.65
Bubba’s biggest issue is football IQ & situational awareness, he played lost a lot of times in coverage.

He also was a bad tackler, especially towards the end of his career here, he made a few big time hits early on & then after that it got to his head & started trying to go for the kill shot every time & wound up getting embarrassed vs UVA, NC ST & VA Tech in 2020.

Bubba’s biggest issue is football IQ & situational awareness, he played lost a lot of times in coverage.

He also was a bad tackler, especially towards the end of his career here, he made a few big time hits early on & then after that it got to his head & started trying to go for the kill shot every time & wound up getting embarrassed vs UVA, NC ST & VA Tech in 2020.
He obviously still has that big hitter moniker..because Jeremiah when mentioning him that was the first thing he lead with.

Bubba may actually get drafted when he was a guy I honestly didnt think would

Advertisement
Not as much you might think.

McCreary’s film & on field play far supersede his raw speed testing numbers.

He’s a very good Press man cover corner & as far as technique wise he’s one of the more technically savvy CB’s in this draft. He wasn’t gonna be a 1st rounder anyways, but even if he slides he’s gonna be a steal to whichever team gets him. His film is grade A.

Speed matters at CB but it’s not the only determining factor in their overall ability.

Is press man gonna work in the league with the 2nd shortest arms since 2000?

He obviously still has that big hitter moniker..because Jeremiah when mentioning him that was the first thing he lead with.

Bubba may actually get drafted when he was a guy I honestly didnt think would
I would be shocked if he got picked in any round higher than the 6th.

Brentley Weissman for The Draft Network has him evaled as a 5th rounder.

Lance Zierlein for NFL.com gave him a 5.66 grade which is basically a 6th-UDFA range player.

Advertisement
Terrible...he pops right up way to early an almost slow at the end. Bubba may have had a high 4.4 in him with better technique
Yeah exactly what I was about to say. He popped up waaay too early, which caused him to slow down right before he crossed smh

Is press man gonna work in the league with the 2nd shortest arms since 2000?

Depends on the team he’s drafted to & how they use him.

Press man isn’t just about arm length, it’s about footwork, hip fluidity, body control/positioning & transitional in-phase awareness.

If his arm length was that much of a hindrance he wouldn’t have played as well as he did in college against SEC/NFL caliber WR’s already, not saying it doesn’t matter but it’s not albatross that can’t be overcome with sound technique.

You wanna know who has terrific ideal arm length, DJ Ivey. Can Ivey cover in Press Man? (That’s a rhetorical question)

Advertisement
That's a good time for him, especially with his size and style of play.
Kaiir had a really good combine, his drill work was smooth & showed his natural ability.

He’s a kid who played good in college, but will play even better in the league.

He has the ideal size & speed combo to be a very good corner, just has some minor tweaks to his technique to refine.

Advertisement
Back